Nigeria 1 vs Tunisa 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1 vs Tunisa 1

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
LeonPhelps wrote:Iheanacho should not be on the field again for Nigeria. Cyriel Dessers should be the backup to Oshimen.
Agreed.
Huh? Based on what? Iheanacho scored a nice goal, what did you see from Dessers? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

green4life wrote:
LeonPhelps wrote:Iheanacho should not be on the field again for Nigeria. Cyriel Dessers should be the backup to Oshimen.
Based on what?
You are replying to the dude demanding Efan Ekoku as a commentator for Yanga TV ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Mexico looking for the Equalizer firing way over the bar. We are in the 72 minute.
Last edited by Flex Swift on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Meanwhile Algeria go 2-1 up against Mexico
with 10 men ...
:clap: :clap: :clap: We have our work cut out to get to their level...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Rohr is such a frustrating coach to figure out. Not sure why he didn't use these games to fully assess the likes of Dessers and Ebuehi. Why Musa played most of this game is beyond me. We already know what he has to offer. These two games you play most of the newbies for most of the game with one or two regulars.

He started and played a standby and replacementplayer in Onuachu most of the game against Algeria over a guy in the original callup.

Our next games are competitive games. Is that where he's now gonna play a guy who's barely played fifteen minutes? Then come tournament time he'll say we're there to learn.

I sure hope there's a method to his madness.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Goldleaf wrote:Whoever said Chidera Ejuke is better than Eberechi Eze needs to watch both of them again with clear glasses.
Ejuke needs to lift his head up when he goes on his mazy runs.
As of now Eze has nothing to do with Nigeria and for that valid reason he is of no relevance what so ever.
Ejuke does like to dribble a little too much but he is able to do so and to be fair he came on late and probably wanted to make an impact as soon as possible and if our passing wasn’t lethargic I think passing the ball to Ejuke just on the edge of the opponents penalty area could be a devastating tactic especially if he comes on late into a game!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Excellent day for Naija
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Our players always play like they don't work on their shooting and crossing. All they do is dribble, and run, and pass. Sometimes they work their way to the top of the edge of the box facing the goal and then the go ahead and pass out wide for someone else to dribble into a cul-de-sac.

Shooting
Crossing
Set piece
And offensive heading

They need to focus on those especially on their own personal time and not just when they get to camp.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

theYemster wrote:Rohr is such a frustrating coach to figure out. Not sure why he didn't use these games to fully assess the likes of Dessers and Ebuehi. Why Musa played most of this game is beyond me. We already know what he has to offer. These two games you play most of the newbies for most of the game with one or two regulars.

He started and played a standby and replacementplayer in Onuachu most of the game against Algeria over a guy in the original callup.

Our next games are competitive games. Is that where he's now gonna play a guy who's barely played fifteen minutes? Then come tournament time he'll say we're there to learn.

I sure hope there's a method to his madness.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he was pressured to play Musa but this maybe what was needed to be done so that we are all aware that Musa is passed it,I appreciate his 4 WorldCup goals but in between and after those amazing performances he’s just been a passenger, his pace and alertness has also dipped!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Whoever said Chidera Ejuke is better than Eberechi Eze needs to watch both of them again with clear glasses.
As of now Eze has nothing to do with Nigeria and for that valid reason he is of no relevance what so ever.
Ejuke does like to dribble a little too much but he is able to do so and to be fair he came on late and probably wanted to make an impact as soon as possible and if our passing wasn’t lethargic I think passing the ball to Ejuke just on the edge of the opponents penalty area could be a devastating tactic especially if he comes on late into a game!
He's an exciting player to watch (with dribbling reminiscent of the legend JJ) but from his cameo performance today, he's quite raw and needs to keep his head up while dribbling to release the killer pass. There's potential there but it's still way early ...
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Yeah, Ebere Eze is gone. He wants to play for England. He’s just trying to let us down nicely
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The result is irrelevant but still very disappointed with Nacho wasting the pen. He need to knuckle down and get into shape
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:Maduka Okoye in goal fills one with more confidence than Francis Uzoho.
Uzoho is good but your heart is always in your mouth when the opposition bears on our goal.
Stop telling lies. No need to! We all saw Uzoho pull out magical saves in the last match. Tufia! Arent you guys tired of telling bold faced lies?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

green4life wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
He's an exciting player to watch (with dribbling reminiscent of the legend JJ) but from his cameo performance today, he's quite raw and needs to keep his head up while dribbling to release the killer pass. There's potential there but it's still way early ...
He won't be available to us until it is obvious that England will not cap him. He is not a near term option for us.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Yeah, Ebere Eze is gone. He wants to play for England. He’s just trying to let us down nicely
You seem to be a critical thinker just as I,why haven’t many learnt from the past?
I’m even suspicious about plants/agents encouraging the Nigerian online footballing community into making noise about these boys so that the English FA make a decision on capping them, the UEFA nations have so many spare games to cap these boys with their Nations League and dead rubber qualifiers against the likes of Lithuania and Belarus!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Flex Swift wrote:The result is irrelevant but still very disappointed with Nacho wasting the pen. He need to knuckle down and get into shape
Absolutely,I don’t think Kelechi is confident in his ability and after that it’s taken another dent.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Final score Mexico 2 - Algeria 2
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Meanwhile Algeria go 2-1 up against Mexico
with 10 men ...
:clap: :clap: :clap: We have our work cut out to get to their level...
2-2 they are aggressive just like Tunisia more tactful teams will work on that.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I will vex seriously with Rohr if Musa is invited for the November matches except he's found a club and is playing regularly. If he can get himself back to shape, he's still needed in the SE because of his experience, which he showed by putting himself between the ball and goalkeeper to win a penalty.
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
You seem to be a critical thinker just as I,why haven’t many learnt from the past?
I’m even suspicious about plants/agents encouraging the Nigerian online footballing community into making noise about these boys so that the English FA make a decision on capping them, the UEFA nations have so many spare games to cap these boys with their Nations League and dead rubber qualifiers against the likes of Lithuania and Belarus!
When they want to play for us, you will know.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Dammy wrote:I will vex seriously with Rohr if Musa is invited for the November matches except he's found a club and is playing regularly. If he can get himself back to shape, he's still needed in the SE because of his experience, which he showed by putting himself between the ball and goalkeeper to win a penalty.
Musa wasted all the through balls played to him his pace has gone and if the keeper had not touched he would have lost control of the ball. Even if he find a club he won't be in shape by November it was a disgrace to see a professional football so out of shape the same applies to Nacho.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

I hate to admit it, but it appears there is an unspoken thing in the Nigerian camp (regardless of coach it seems) NOT to let a new player overshine as it will cause team disruptions (player selection(s), overbearing administrators, all-knowing technical committee members).

What the hell is the point of a friendly?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rawlings wrote:Excellent day for Naija
Excellent week for Mali too.