Players who should be finished with SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: With all been said, seen and done...

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:guys have more excuses for Onuachu than a pregnant nun :laugh:
Same with Iheanacho.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:You guys can drop names sha. A bunch of average players with average coach will always produce average results.

The only players that have established themselves in the team are

Akpeyi
Okoye
Ndidi
Iwobi
Moses
Osimhen.

They rest are average.
Bros even if na joke, abeg stop this nonsense Biko
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Our solid, complete and undisputed starting world cup squad barring any major injuries will be in this order:

Gk's
* Uzoho.
* Okoye
*Yakubu
* Alampasu
- Akpeyi and Ezenwa are past it, but for experience sake I reckon Akpeyi will still be around for a short while.

CB's
* Balogun*
* Akpoguma*
*Ekong*
Semi Ajayi (please for the love of God he isn't a CDM).
*Awaziem*
*Adarabioyo*
* Omeruo*
- hopefully the likes of Uduokhai and Torunarigha will switch to the GWG, but it remains to be seen.

Full backs
* Ebuehi*
*Sanusi*
*Aina*
*Ehibizue*
*Collins*

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi (he will have to adjust to a more flexible role among the front 3,since Ejaria seems more suited for the Attacking Mid role)
Aribo
Ejaria
Etebo
Kelechi Nwakali (I think Nwakali can be our own Thomas Partey IMHO, he can play from deep like he does for Huesca, and be a playmaker from that position).
Samson Tijani (something tells me I'll like this kid, still very young so he has enough time).
- the likes of Azeez, Frank Onyeka, Alhassan are only shoo-in's in the event of injuries, unfortunately none of these guys are essentially good enough to make the starting 11...except maybe Azeez if he finds his form at Granada.

Wide forwards
Simon Moses (solid defensively and offensively, No 1 man here... no contest).
Chidera Ejike
Ademola Lookman (I can't wait for this kid to complete his nationality switch)
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Noah Sarenren-Bazee
Emmanuel Dennis
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa

Center-forwards
Victor Osimhen - undisputed Numero Uno
Cyriel Dessers.
Josh Maja
Sadiq Umar?
Kelechi Iheanacho (homeboy needs to seriously hit the gym and straddle up his game, cause he's on a very limited grace of time).
-forget the likes of Onuachu, less said the better.
Good list but I can’t rate Dessers/Maja etc over Kelechi, he did absolutely nothing in the few minutes he got, had what seemed to be a good chance that he somehow miskicked with the keeper rushing out. Most of the new faces were pretty underwhelming sha. They are gonna need a lot more chances to really assess them.
I mean the whole friendly was a scrambling tactical mess, even a prime Messi would have struggled in a midfield comically consisting of a natural center-back turned into a CDM, some 18 year old kid based in Austria, and a Denmark based guy who looked out of place. So the new faces like Dessers and Onyeka to be fair to them didn't get enough minutes or play in a solid tactical set up for us to fully analyze them.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:Our solid, complete and undisputed starting world cup squad barring any major injuries will be in this order:

Gk's
* Uzoho.
* Okoye
*Yakubu
* Alampasu
- Akpeyi and Ezenwa are past it, but for experience sake I reckon Akpeyi will still be around for a short while.

CB's
* Balogun*
* Akpoguma*
*Ekong*
*Awaziem*
*Adarabioyo*
* Omeruo*
- hopefully the likes of Uduokhai and Torunarigha will switch to the GWG, but it remains to be seen.

Full backs
* Ebuehi*
*Sanusi*
*Aina*
*Ehibizue*
*Collins*

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi (he will have to adjust to a more flexible role among the front 3,since Ejaria seems more suited for the Attacking Mid role)
Aribo
Ejaria
Etebo
Kelechi Nwakali (I think Nwakali can be our own Thomas Partey IMHO, he can play from deep like he does for Huesca, and be a playmaker from that position).
Samson Tijani (something tells me I'll like this kid, still very young so he has enough time).
- the likes of Azeez, Frank Onyeka, Alhassan are only shoo-in's in the event of injuries, unfortunately none of these guys are essentially good enough to make the starting 11...except maybe Azeez if he finds his form at Granada.

Wide forwards
Chidera Ejike
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Noah Sarenren-Bazee
Emmanuel Dennis
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa

Center-forwards
Cyriel Dessers.
Josh Maja
Sadiq Umar?
Kelechi Iheanacho (homeboy needs to seriously hit the gym and straddle up his game, cause he's on a very limited grace of time).
Stopped reading at the highlighted... :oops:

First, qualify for the WC first before you start drawing up WC squad lists...
Then, there's a lot of football to be played in the interim and several players will dip while others will rise.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo wrote: Good list but I can’t rate Dessers/Maja etc over Kelechi, he did absolutely nothing in the few minutes he got, had what seemed to be a good chance that he somehow miskicked with the keeper rushing out. Most of the new faces were pretty underwhelming sha. They are gonna need a lot more chances to really assess them.
I mean the whole friendly was a scrambling tactical mess, even a prime Messi would have struggled in a midfield comically consisting of a natural center-back turned into a CDM, some 18 year old kid based in Austria, and a Denmark based guy who looked out of place. So the new faces like Dessers and Onyeka to be fair to them didn't get enough minutes or play in a solid tactical set up for us to fully analyze them.
Tijani played for all of 5 minutes or thereabouts...

Our midfield had EPL players Alex Iwobi and Semi Ajayi (who made The Championship Team of the Week playing as a DM at Rotherham, and folks on CE often pontificate about how good the Championship supposedly is, and it is the level where the likes of Ejaria and Troost-Ekong will be playing), in addition to a dude who at least is good enough to be playing in the Champions' League this season.

Unless he was injured (and there's no report nor indication that he was), there's a reason that Dessers only got a few minutes of playing time over 2 friendly games (ie, games in which experimentation is a norm), and probably why he's been relegated to the bench (behind Onuachu nonetheless) at Genk, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the SE midfield nor "some 18 year old kid based in Austria."
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Nobody is even mentioning Paul Mukairu.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote:Nobody is even mentioning Paul Mukairu.
I just remembered him, definitely worth a look.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Were we going to a tournament today, what would your 23 be

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

For me:

Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye
Matthew Yakubu

Tyronne Ebuehi
Ola Aina

Zaidu Sanusi
Jamillu Collins

Kevin Akpoguma
Semi Ajayi
Leon Balogun
William Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi
Joe Aribo
Oghene Etebo
Alhasan Yusuf

Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali

Samuel Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke

Victor Osimhen
Cyril Dessers

These last two friendlies should have been an opportunity to try out all these players and conduct a major weeding exercise but unfortunately, Mr Rohr wasted the opportunity with senseless selections. He is not going to get another such golden opportunity in a long time.

I am particularly peeved with him for not using this opportunity to find adequate replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo in midfield. Playing Semi Ajayi as his anchorman in friendlies organised to uncover new players was just outright stupidity!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Were we going to a tournament today, what would your 23

Post by charlie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:For me:

Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye
Matthew Yakubu

Tyronne Ebuehi
Ola Aina

Zaidu Sanusi
Jamillu Collins

Kevin Akpoguma
Semi Ajayi
Leon Balogun
William Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
Oghene Etebo
Alhasan Yusuf

Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali

Samuel Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke

Victor Osimhen
Cyril Dessers

These last two friendlies should have been an opportunity to try out all these players and conduct a major weeding exercise but unfortunately, Mr Rohr wasted the opportunity with senseless selections. He is not going to get another such golden opportunity in a long time.

I am particularly peeved with him for not using this opportunity to find adequate replacements for Ndidi, Aribo and Etebo in midfield. Playing Semi Ajayi as his anchorman in friendlies organised to uncover new players was just outright stupidity!
No Aribo?
No Moses Simon?

No interest...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Gk's
* Uzoho.
* Okoye
*Yakubu
* Alampasu

CB's
* Balogun*
* Akpoguma*
*Ekong*
*Awaziem*
*Adarabioyo*
* Omeruo*

Full backs
* Ebuehi*
*Sanusi*
*Aina*
*Ehibizue*
*Collins*

Midfield
Ndidi
Aribo
Ejaria
Etebo

Wide forwards
Chidera Ejike
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Noah Sarenren-Bazee
Emmanuel Dennis
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa

Center-forwards
Cyriel Dessers.
Josh Maja
Sadiq Umar?

Bro, what's all the arsteriks for?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

charlie wrote:

Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye
Matthew Yakubu

Tyronne Ebuehi
Ola Aina

Zaidu Sanusi
Jamillu Collins

Kevin Akpoguma
Semi Ajayi
Leon Balogun
William Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
Oghene Etebo
Alhasan Yusuf

Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali

Samuel Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke

Victor Osimhen
Cyril Dessers

No Aribo?
No Moses Simon?

No interest...
Oops. Aribo was a typo. Joe starts any day for me!

Simon Moses has no business in that squad. He is a Forest Gump player!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: So what did we learn from the friendlies?

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:I think absolutely nothing! I saw not improvement in our style of play or tactic. The only silver lining in my opinion is Maduka. I am glad he has Akpeyi that can teach him the ins and out of goalkeeping.
Merged into an umbrella thread.
No vex. :thumb:
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

AY,

To be honest Moses Simon was one of the best players on parade yesterday. He covered a lot of ground and put in a competent shift in the defence.

Let's try to be objective in our analysis. If there is a winger that needs to be dropped, it is Samu. He seems to be regressing it is unbelievable!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye
Matthew Yakubu

Tyronne Ebuehi
Ola Aina

Zaidu Sanusi
Jamillu Collins

Kevin Akpoguma
Semi Ajayi
Leon Balogun
William Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi
Joe Aribo
Oghene Etebo
Alhasan Yusuf

Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali

Samuel Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke

Victor Osimhen
Cyril Dessers

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gk's
* Uzoho.
* Okoye
*Yakubu
* Alampasu

CB's
* Balogun*
* Akpoguma*
*Ekong*
*Awaziem*
*Adarabioyo*
* Omeruo*

Full backs
* Ebuehi*
*Sanusi*
*Aina*
*Ehibizue*
*Collins*

Midfield
Ndidi
Aribo
Ejaria
Etebo

Wide forwards
Chidera Ejike
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Noah Sarenren-Bazee
Emmanuel Dennis
Henry Onyekuru
Ahmed Musa

Center-forwards
Cyriel Dessers.
Josh Maja
Sadiq Umar?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

charlie wrote:

Francis Uzoho
Maduka Okoye
Matthew Yakubu

Tyronne Ebuehi
Ola Aina

Zaidu Sanusi
Jamillu Collins

Kevin Akpoguma
Semi Ajayi
Leon Balogun
William Ekong

Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
Oghene Etebo
Alhasan Yusuf

Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Nwakali

Samuel Chukwueze
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Chidera Ejuke

Victor Osimhen
Cyril Dessers

No Aribo?
No Moses Simon?

No interest...
He needed space for his 2 favourites - Nwakali (for Aribo) and Onyekuru (for Simon).
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Players who should be finished with SE

Post by Cally »

I thought Samuel Kalu played really well before the injury against Algeria. To me, he remains our best winger ahead of the likes of Chukwueze and Simon. Simon has really improved, I must say. He was a player I had no time for at all, but he's improved himself into relevance.

As for Lookman, trust Nigerians to crown any player that hasn't played for the SE as the savior, that is until the player actually plays. Once the player wears that shirt, they will declare him a waste, and call for the next big thing.

One of our major problems is Rohr, we just don't seem to be making any progress in building an actual team with a clearly-defined strategy.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

CE remains the biggest comedy club I know. Most of you want to do away with Iheanacho in favor of Dessers even though Iheanacho is the sole reason we are able to hold our heads up against Tunisia.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:You guys can drop names sha. A bunch of average players with average coach will always produce average results.

Akpeyi
Okoye
Ndidi
Iwobi
Moses
Osimhen.

They rest are average.
What's the joke? You don't agree that Okoye, Ndidi, Iwobi, Moses, or Osimhen have established themselves as SE players?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Akpeyi
Okoye
Ndidi
Iwobi
Moses
Osimhen.

They rest are average.
What's the joke? You don't agree that Okoye, Ndidi, Iwobi, Moses, or Osimhen have established themselves as SE players?
We both know the name that shouldn't be on that list :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

doctorollie wrote:AY,

To be honest Moses Simon was one of the best players on parade yesterday. He covered a lot of ground and put in a competent shift in the defence.

Let's try to be objective in our analysis. If there is a winger that needs to be dropped, it is Samu. He seems to be regressing it is unbelievable!

I am not one bit surprised by Chukwuezes poor form for SE. He has been quite poor for Villarreal for some time. I used to love watching the yellow submarine because 2 seasons ago Chuks would destroy defenses, today I fall asleep watching that team. Chuks isn't helped by the fact that his club coach plays him wide in a 442, it just isolates him on the sidelines and exposes his one dimensional dribbling even more.

When I saw that Rohr was employing that same disastrous 442, I knew it would be another stinker for Chuks. Dude needs to develop his game big time.

Even Ejuke with his ten minute cameo dribbled more players than Chuks in these 2 entire matches.

People go say what is the point of "useless dribbling" Well at least Ejuke put their defence under pressure and was direct, while in 2 matches Chuks just ran into cul-de-sacs along the touch line.

With Lookmans eminent arrival, no way should Chuks be a starter, Im thinking even without Lookman, he should start on the bench.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:CE remains the biggest comedy club I know. Most of you want to do away with Iheanacho in favor of Dessers even though Iheanacho is the sole reason we are able to hold our heads up against Tunisia.

Cheers.

He is also one of the reasons we didn't BEAT Tunisia taking a pass poor penalty which just shows the guy is rusty and lacks confidence. He shouldn't be our main backup to Osimehn. He is lethargic, has a poor touch, and low on confidence and sharpness.

Nobody is saying Dessers or anybody else should automatically replace him, but other options need to be tried and if they prove to be better than Nacho, then great.

Problem seems to be Rohr PROTECTING some of his poor players. Same way he coddled Shehu and Echijele, and now Musa despite them having no business in the team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:CE remains the biggest comedy club I know. Most of you want to do away with Iheanacho in favor of Dessers even though Iheanacho is the sole reason we are able to hold our heads up against Tunisia.

Cheers.

He is also one of the reasons we didn't BEAT Tunisia taking a pass poor penalty which just shows the guy is rusty and lacks confidence. He shouldn't be our main backup to Osimehn. He is lethargic, has a poor touch, and low on confidence and sharpness.

Nobody is saying Dessers or anybody else should automatically replace him, but other options need to be tried and if they prove to be better than Nacho, then great.

Problem seems to be Rohr PROTECTING some of his poor players. Same way he coddled Shehu and Echijele, and now Musa despite them having no business in the team.
Honestly, in the case of Dessers vs Kele (maybe I'm biased b/c I like Kele), but I can't see Rohr protecting him because of how he banished him for so long, didn't even take him to the ANC, barely mentioned him in his pre-Algeria interviews and you could see he wasn't part of team A or B in practice. Maybe Dessers just didn't show he was good enough in practice, I dunno. Because there was NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING he showed in that short cameo to even suggest he should replace Kele. Its unfair to him to get so little time to prove himself, but based on Rohrs apparent angst towards Kele I doubt he would be trying to protect him...Musa (his captain) definitely, same way he was doing Mikel...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!