No Afcon before Rohr!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
No Afcon before Rohr!!!!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Before Rohr took over we couldn't even qualify for Afcon . Just some food for thought as you head into the weekend. Appreciate what you have. Make it better. Invest in it.just saying.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No Afcon before Rohr!!!!!

Post by wanaj0 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Before Rohr took over we couldn't even qualify for Afcon . Just some food for thought as you head into the weekend. Appreciate what you have. Make it better. Invest in it.just saying.
I agree with you. Before Keshi also there was no AFCON. He took over and deliver AFCON trophy and WC 2nd round at FIRST attempt. There was no excuse of on the job training etc. All with little or no support from the Oyinbo ana Oyinbo fans, NFF sabotaging him and not paying salaries, working under terrible conditions.

Just some food for thought as we go to AFCON expecting to go and learn from footballing nations like Madagascar
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Appreciate what?? We are playing terrible disjointed football at the moment and conceeding in almost every game despite Rohr being in charge for close to five yrs?!...So what exactly has he done differently from other SE managers despite being one of the longest serving coaches?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gochino wrote:Appreciate what?? We are playing terrible disjointed football at the moment and conceeding in almost every game despite Rohr being in charge for close to five yrs?!...So what exactly has he done differently from other SE managers despite being one of the longest serving coaches?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: bobo dey learn
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:I agree with you. Before Keshi also there was no AFCON. He took over and deliver AFCON trophy and WC 2nd round at FIRST attempt. There was no excuse of on the job training etc. All with little or no support from the Oyinbo ana Oyinbo fans, NFF sabotaging him and not paying salaries, working under terrible conditions.

Just some food for thought as we go to AFCON expecting to go and learn from footballing nations like Madagascar
Since Pinnick became NFF President. Some people want us to believe our footballing history began when Rohr became coach!

All that we hear is.... We didn´t qualify for ANC, We don´t have players in top leagues, our opponents are playing in champions league and we had the second youngest team in the WC.

Why is that all Nigerian coaches who worked under Pinnick failed to qualify for ANC?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wanaj0 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Before Rohr took over we couldn't even qualify for Afcon . Just some food for thought as you head into the weekend. Appreciate what you have. Make it better. Invest in it.just saying.
I agree with you. Before Keshi also there was no AFCON. He took over and deliver AFCON trophy and WC 2nd round at FIRST attempt. There was no excuse of on the job training etc. All with little or no support from the Oyinbo ana Oyinbo fans, NFF sabotaging him and not paying salaries, working under terrible conditions.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Abegi enough already...
Rohr is not a bad coach (IMHO) and presumably we ALL want a successful SE, but this level of stool sampling is just embarrassing! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

If that is the reason you appreciate Rohr then I am certainly NOT WITH YOU!! Nigeria qualifying for AFCON is a very low hanging fruit. There are now 24 nations that get to the AFCON and Nigeria regularly ranks among the top 10 in Africa. I mean regularly. So what is the big deal about qualifying for AFCON?

The fact that we failed two times just before Rohr was appointed was down rare happenstance. First, the NFF bungled qualification via subterfuge and in the second a rare fixture pitting Nigeria and Egypt in one group made qualification UNUSUALLY TOUGH compared to what is usually a shoo-in.Now a shoo-in of 16 teams has been made further easy with a 24-team tournament.

There is absolutely nothing to celebrate about qualifying for a 24-team AFCON if we are claiming to be not just the best in Africa but a power in World football. This is like Brazil making a huge deal of qualifying for the World Cup from a qualification series where 5 teams get through from South America. Go figure. I cry for Nigeria when we have fallen so low to celebrating qualifying for a 24-team Africa tournament.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote:

If that is the reason you appreciate Rohr then I am certainly NOT WITH YOU!! Nigeria qualifying for AFCON is a very low hanging fruit. There are now 24 nations that get to the AFCON and Nigeria regularly ranks among the top 10 in Africa. I mean regularly. So what is the big deal about qualifying for AFCON?

The fact that we failed two times just before Rohr was appointed was down rare happenstance. First, the NFF bungled qualification via subterfuge and in the second a rare fixture pitting Nigeria and Egypt in one group made qualification UNUSUALLY TOUGH compared to what is usually a shoo-in.Now a shoo-in of 16 teams has been made further easy with a 24-team tournament.

There is absolutely nothing to celebrate about qualifying for a 24-team AFCON if we are claiming to be not just the best in Africa but a power in World football. This is like Brazil making a huge deal of qualifying for the World Cup from a qualification series where 5 teams get through from South America. Go figure. I cry for Nigeria when we have fallen so low to celebrating qualifying for a 24-team Africa tournament.
We will ridicule winners but celebrate losers :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wanaj0 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

We will ridicule winners but celebrate losers :boo:
YEP, is that not amazing. Imagine Nigeria celebrating qualification for a 24-team AFCON. A competition that multiple Nigerian coaches, good and bad, had qualified even when it consisted of just 8 teams. Never knew that I will see such a day. :curse: :curse:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:

Not trying to suggest we should celebrate AFCON qualification but to point out the fact that SE were literally down and out when Rohr started. IF you consider Egypt to be usually tough for AFCON certainly you must also acknowledge that SE, Cameroun and Algeria grouping was even more difficult for the WC qualification group stage.

Obviously. A lot of people here still call for coaching changes after every friendly as though we're world champions. I made similar posts when the same people were calling for Keshi to sacked for lackluster friendly performances. We have to mature as a fan base and stop these nonsensical calls for coaching change over irrelevant results. Who are we going to replace him with? Ancelotti?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Not trying to suggest we should celebrate AFCON qualification but to point out the fact that SE were literally down and out when Rohr started. IF you consider Egypt to be usually tough for AFCON certainly you must also acknowledge that SE, Cameroun and Algeria grouping was even more difficult for the WC qualification group stage.

Do not shift the goalpost. My comment is specifically about qualification being the marker of success. It certainly is not. If you want to talk about the WCQ, that certainly can be discussed but it is an entirely different issue for which I have not shared an opinion. My opinion strictly is on the comment that qualifying for a 24-team AFCON has become some big deal for Nigeria.

Obviously. A lot of people here still call for coaching changes after every friendly as though we're world champions. I made similar posts when the same people were calling for Keshi to sacked for lackluster friendly performances. We have to mature as a fan base and stop these nonsensical calls for coaching change over irrelevant results. Who are we going to replace him with? Ancelotti?

I agree with you that we cannot go down the road of making a coaching decision based on friendlies. I agree completely. But please never point to qualification to a 24-team African tournament as some sort of achievement for ANY Nigerian coach.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damn Natives! :veryangry: :curse: :curse: :curse:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote:

So pitting Nigeria against Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia made it easier for us to qualify? Wetin person no go hear for CE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

gochino wrote:Appreciate what?? We are playing terrible disjointed football at the moment and conceeding in almost every game despite Rohr being in charge for close to five yrs?!...So what exactly has he done differently from other SE managers despite being one of the longest serving coaches?
..."disjointed" because players are here and there. Some of the ball passing I saw vs Tunisia were atrocious, bad and off target, plus ball control.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote:
..."disjointed" because players are here and there. Some of the ball passing I saw vs Tunisia were atrocious, bad and off target, plus ball control.
That happens when players play together for the first time. We had a new goalie, new mf and a defense not used to the rest of the team. When you play a tactically disciplined team with a rag tag team your weakness will be magnified tenfold.

I mean..... where you really expecting Onyeaka to stop the Algerian MF? Get real.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wanaj0 wrote:

Madagascar, Madagascar, Madagascar, exactly what did Madagascar do? Win us in a game we did very much care what happens?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I have been in support of coach Rohr for awhile, but in reality, what is he doing? I have seen no improvement in our style of play that would put fear in some teams. Are we going to continue to learn?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:Abegi enough already...
Rohr is not a bad coach (IMHO) and presumably we ALL want a successful SE, but this level of stool sampling is just embarrassing! :oops:
... exactly what my position is. Rohr is not bad, but we can play better football than what we are playing now. Sometimes, the quality of our play is like those of (some) Secondary school teams in the olden days. I know we can do better than such
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
mcal wrote:
That happens when players play together for the first time. We had a new goalie, new mf and a defense not used to the rest of the team. When you play a tactically disciplined team with a rag tag team your weakness will be magnified tenfold.

I mean..... where you really expecting Onyeaka to stop the Algerian MF? Get real.
...well, good thing this is a friendly.
The coaching staff will glean out some positives and negatives, and fix things before their next real outing.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
Abegi enough already...

he's certainly not a good coach, IMHO
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Abegi enough already...

He is not a good coach?

He is not a bad coach?

Then he must be an average coach which is acceptable. He can still deliver a trophy if he is hardworking and not hardly working :taunt: :taunt:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Abegi enough already...

He is not a good coach?

He is not a bad coach?

Then he must be an average coach which is acceptable. He can still deliver a trophy if he is hardworking and not hardly working :taunt: :taunt:
Rohr is an average coach who has done relatively well but we need more. His honeymoon period expired since the last Wordcup. He was close to reaching the AFCON final which would have been more than was expected (well from people who understand the game). But if he doesn’t reach tthe final of the next AFCON, I would be happy if the NFF replace him before the World Cup if we had qualified by then.

No need to say what should happen to him if we fail to qualify for AFCON and the World Cup.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."