Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Semi Ajayi

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like his attitude. The guy gave his best even though the central midfield role is foreign to him. I liked how he hustled. Can see why Rohr likes him. But he should be moved back to his natural position, central defense. He is a better defender than Balogun. I like his size, his combative style of play. He is also okay in ball distribution. He is 26. He is the future and the present for Nigeria football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:I like his attitude. The guy gave his best even though the central midfield role is foreign to him. I liked how he hustled. Can see why Rohr likes him. But he should be moved back to his natural position, central defense. He is a better defender than Balogun. I like his size, his combative style of play. He is also okay in ball distribution. He is 26. He is the future and the present for Nigeria football.
I KPOM this post. Yes, he is not Ndidi but the guy did the best he could given the circumstance. In a warm-up game for tying out aloud.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:I like his attitude. The guy gave his best even though the central midfield role is foreign to him. I liked how he hustled. Can see why Rohr likes him. But he should be moved back to his natural position, central defense. He is a better defender than Balogun. I like his size, his combative style of play. He is also okay in ball distribution. He is 26. He is the future and the present for Nigeria football.

We don't need players "giving their best" in the national team. We need the best players, period.

Players giving their best is akin to "we were not disgraced".

None of the new players we tried in the friendlies were better that the players we already have. As far as I am concerned, the only new player that established himself as a bonafide SE player (backup to Akpeyi) was Okoye! The rest of them should go back and improve on their games before we can reconsider them again.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will play a guy that gives 100 percent effort over a prima dona so called star. Guys that stroll around on the pitch. Don't care how talented they are. Will not even call them up if I were the coach. Rohr need to send a message to players. Keep it simple, play according to instruction, give 100 percent effort or you will be dropped. Players like Ajayi will be the first name on the team sheet for me. That is my preference in the kind of player i want. I admire players like Osimhen and Ajayi.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Akpeyi is not a good GK. He is shaky, doesn't inspire confidence. He is also 32 or 33. What is the point of inviting Akpeyi. Hope he recovers from his serious injury, wish him the best at his club, but his time with national team is over.

Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Enugu II wrote:
I KPOM this post. Yes, he is not Ndidi but the guy did the best he could given the circumstance. In a warm-up game for tying out aloud.
It is not the lack of trying and giving his best. As a defender (central or full back) he needs to be much better on his ball handling (poor) and passing (average at best). Football these days is no longer about defenders collecting the ball in their half and hoofing it down the field. Goalkeepers now pass the ball from the back and defenders are expected to handle the ball and pass deftly to team mates albeit in dangerous zones. One thing you notice with uncomfortable players in this situation is their body language especially the hesitancy/urgency to make the next move. It is this hesitancy that leads to bad passes. Ekong and Ajayi are guilty of this. Balogun has improved since his debacle in Egypt. Awaziem is steady and Ebuehi is comfortable. Until ALL are backs are comfortable with the short passes even in dangerous zones we have work to do.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:Akpeyi is not a good GK. He is shaky, doesn't inspire confidence. He is also 32 or 33. What is the point of inviting Akpeyi. Hope he recovers from his serious injury, wish him the best at his club, but his time with national team is over.

His "Shakiness" which is just a figment of most of your imaginatiions has not cost us any competitive game. That's why the coaches rely on him. He is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria at the moment, whether you like it or not. Only a better goalkeeper (performance wise) can displace him. None of the current goalkeepers we have is better than him at the moment. That's the FACT!
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Akpeyi is not a good GK. He is shaky, doesn't inspire confidence. He is also 32 or 33. What is the point of inviting Akpeyi. Hope he recovers from his serious injury, wish him the best at his club, but his time with national team is over.

His "Shakiness" which is just a figment of most of your imaginatiions has not cost any ay competitive games. That's why the coaches rely on him. He is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria at the moment, whether you like it or not. Only a better goalkeeper (performance wise) can displace him. None of the current goalkeepers we have is better than him at the moment. That's the FACT!
I'm sure you nearly developed a heart problem watching Akpeyi in that last AFCON, where do I even start from in listing his fu*k up's? - is it simplest and tamest of shots which he will make a melodramatic deal of and spill, or his meme worthy face when it looks like he's about to cry during the heat of the game, he just generally doesn't command a towering and confident presence when manning that post, plus he's already 33 and injury prone already. Move on Chief, your boy Akpeyi is pure garbage.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:I will play a guy that gives 100 percent effort over a prima dona so called star. Guys that stroll around on the pitch. Don't care how talented they are. Will not even call them up if I were the coach. Rohr need to send a message to players. Keep it simple, play according to instruction, give 100 percent effort or you will be dropped. Players like Ajayi will be the first name on the team sheet for me. That is my preference in the kind of player i want. I admire players like Osimhen and Ajayi.

Francis Kumbor gave 100% effort on the pitch also. Most players do.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Better than Balogun? Based on what exactly?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Abbey wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
It is not the lack of trying and giving his best. As a defender (central or full back) he needs to be much better on his ball handling (poor) and passing (average at best). Football these days is no longer about defenders collecting the ball in their half and hoofing it down the field. Goalkeepers now pass the ball from the back and defenders are expected to handle the ball and pass deftly to team mates albeit in dangerous zones. One thing you notice with uncomfortable players in this situation is their body language especially the hesitancy/urgency to make the next move. It is this hesitancy that leads to bad passes. Ekong and Ajayi are guilty of this. Balogun has improved since his debacle in Egypt. Awaziem is steady and Ebuehi is comfortable. Until ALL are backs are comfortable with the short passes even in dangerous zones we have work to do.
Abbey,

LOL. We are talking of Ajayi, right? I hope he is the one because I think you may have mistaken him for Ekong. Ajayi played in the midfield.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Lolly wrote:
Better than Balogun? Based on what exactly?
Based on sentiments and feelings ofcourse.

He didn't have great performances in the friedlies. He should learn from Aina who had a piss poor performace against Algeria during the WC qualifiers, but went back to him club and perfected his skills and came back strong. Today, nobody would question his call up to the SE.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

1naija wrote:

We don't need players "giving their best" in the national team. We need the best players, period.

None of the new players we tried in the friendlies were better that the players we already have. As far as I am concerned, the only new player that established himself as a bonafide SE player (backup to Akpeyi) was Okoye! The rest of them should go back and improve on their games before we can reconsider them again.
:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The best players are the ones that give their best for the national team. Ajayi is better than Balogun based on what I see my own two eyes. He is faster and more athletic.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is still 26. Balogun is 32. Balogun is a good player, am not slagging him. But it is time to find a replacement. Balogun has served the country well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkm9dJMB-rw[/video]

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote:He is still 26. Balogun is 32. Balogun is a good player, am not slagging him. But it is time to find a replacement. Balogun has served the country well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkm9dJMB-rw[/video]
All players are fantastic in youtube clips. Do you want agent truetalk to show you youtube videos of some of his players in very very obscure leagues?

He may be a good player, but nothing he did in the 2 friendlies show him to be better than the current starters at his position in the SE.

I am not sure why everyone is calling for Balogun when it's Ekongs performance against Algeria that should be of concern.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:tic:
1naija wrote:

Akpeyi again? Ok-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

1naija wrote:

His "Shakiness" which is just a figment of most of your imaginatiions has not cost any ay competitive games. That's why the coaches rely on him. He is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria at the moment, whether you like it or not. Only a better goalkeeper (performance wise) can displace him. None of the current goalkeepers we have is better than him at the moment. That's the FACT!
Nice one ! love him ! hate him ! Akpeyi is still the best goalkeeper in the country at the moment ! Fact !
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Semi is a key member in the Rohr project, Rohr knows his natural position and is simply stretching him to see how dynamic he can be in different situations. Short to medium term, he will take Omerou's shirt. He is an Arsenal academy boy and understands the technical rudiments of the game, he has size and a good football sense. He just needs a bit of the Taribo aggression and no nonsense attitude..
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Mr Shows wrote:Semi is a key member in the Rohr project, Rohr knows his natural position and is simply stretching him to see how dynamic he can be in different situations. Short to medium term, he will take Omerou's shirt. He is an Arsenal academy boy and understands the technical rudiments of the game, he has size and a good football sense. He just needs a bit of the Taribo aggression and no nonsense attitude..

Thanks for sharing with us inside information that only you are privy to.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

onovo wrote:
1naija wrote:

Nice one ! love him ! hate him ! Akpeyi is still the best goalkeeper in the country at the moment ! Fact !
That's the funny thing with Nigerians. They complain about the country not appointing the best person for political appointments, but show their bias when someone works hard to attain his position. I am fine with any goalkeeper that displaces Akpeyi on merit, but they are not ready to accept Akpeyi as our best. They would rather use their biases to select an inferior goalkeeper ahead of Akpeyi just because they dont like the boy. Thankfully, the coaches know best.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote:
onovo wrote:
1naija wrote:

That's the funny thing with Nigerians. They complain about the country not appointing the best person for political appointments, but show their bias when someone works hard to attain his position. I am fine with any goalkeeper that displaces Akpeyi on merit, but they are not ready to accept Akpeyi as our best. They would rather use their biases to select an inferior goalkeeper ahead of Akpeyi just because they dont like the boy. Thankfully, the coaches know best.
And why do you think some people don’t like your boy? Could it have something to do with what they have seen of him on the pitch?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Lolly wrote:
1naija wrote:
onovo wrote:
1naija wrote:

And why do you think some people don’t like your boy? Could it have something to do with what they have seen of him on the pitch?
nigerians are known to embelish and CE is known to over embelish - thats why
Akpeyimade minor errors thatwere blown out of prportion, yet not uzuho, not ezenwa and definitely not alampasu come close to apkeyi, May be only okoye would deputy him or n due time replace him.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."