Players who should be finished with SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olumide
Egg
Egg
Re: Players who should be finished with SE

Post by olumide »

vancity eagle wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:CE remains the biggest comedy club I know. Most of you want to do away with Iheanacho in favor of Dessers even though Iheanacho is the sole reason we are able to hold our heads up against Tunisia.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ❗️

Cheers.

He is also one of the reasons we didn't BEAT Tunisia taking a pass poor penalty which just shows the guy is rusty and lacks confidence. He shouldn't be our main backup to Osimehn. He is lethargic, has a poor touch, and low on confidence and sharpness.

Nobody is saying Dessers or anybody else should automatically replace him, but other options need to be tried and if they prove to be better than Nacho, then great.

Problem seems to be Rohr PROTECTING some of his poor players. Same way he coddled Shehu and Echijele, and now Musa despite them having no business in the team.
Players miss penalties. Kele has always taken penalties that way, attempting to send the keeper the wrong way and place it, with a good level of success. The keeper did a good job standing his ground and making a save. It happens, Jorginho just missed one the same way.

Nacho has not played for SE in ages and scores in his first start back, but now "other options" need to be tried, it doesn't make sense.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LOL. the only person who should be finished with, and disengaged from, the SE is the coach, ****.

If he is removed, you will see a marked improvement in all these players and our performance. The problem is NOT the players. The problem is the coach.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:CE remains the biggest comedy club I know. Most of you want to do away with Iheanacho in favor of Dessers even though Iheanacho is the sole reason we are able to hold our heads up against Tunisia.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ❗️

Cheers.

He is also one of the reasons we didn't BEAT Tunisia taking a pass poor penalty which just shows the guy is rusty and lacks confidence. He shouldn't be our main backup to Osimehn. He is lethargic, has a poor touch, and low on confidence and sharpness.

Nobody is saying Dessers or anybody else should automatically replace him, but other options need to be tried and if they prove to be better than Nacho, then great.

Problem seems to be Rohr PROTECTING some of his poor players. Same way he coddled Shehu and Echijele, and now Musa despite them having no business in the team.
Honestly, in the case of Dessers vs Kele (maybe I'm biased b/c I like Kele), but I can't see Rohr protecting him because of how he banished him for so long, didn't even take him to the ANC, barely mentioned him in his pre-Algeria interviews and you could see he wasn't part of team A or B in practice. Maybe Dessers just didn't show he was good enough in practice, I dunno. Because there was NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING he showed in that short cameo to even suggest he should replace Kele. Its unfair to him to get so little time to prove himself, but based on Rohrs apparent angst towards Kele I doubt he would be trying to protect him...Musa (his captain) definitely, same way he was doing Mikel...
I think Nacho still has a place in this team, once he is playing regularly, he is young enough and has that quality in finishing.

I think for now we must look elsewhere, and that is a failure by Rohr.

Musa has no business what so ever.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Owngoal claims Rohr will not call the following for November games

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

Pretty much agree if true.

They claimed Rohr prefers Ajayi over Agu and Onyeka. Thats what I was telling people.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: With all been said, seen and done...

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo wrote: Good list but I can’t rate Dessers/Maja etc over Kelechi, he did absolutely nothing in the few minutes he got, had what seemed to be a good chance that he somehow miskicked with the keeper rushing out. Most of the new faces were pretty underwhelming sha. They are gonna need a lot more chances to really assess them.
I mean the whole friendly was a scrambling tactical mess, even a prime Messi would have struggled in a midfield comically consisting of a natural center-back turned into a CDM, some 18 year old kid based in Austria, and a Denmark based guy who looked out of place. So the new faces like Dessers and Onyeka to be fair to them didn't get enough minutes or play in a solid tactical set up for us to fully analyze them.
Tijani played for all of 5 minutes or thereabouts...

Our midfield had EPL players Alex Iwobi and Semi Ajayi (who made The Championship Team of the Week playing as a DM at Rotherham, and folks on CE often pontificate about how good the Championship supposedly is, and it is the level where the likes of Ejaria and Troost-Ekong will be playing), in addition to a dude who at least is good enough to be playing in the Champions' League this season.

Unless he was injured (and there's no report nor indication that he was), there's a reason that Dessers only got a few minutes of playing time over 2 friendly games (ie, games in which experimentation is a norm), and probably why he's been relegated to the bench (behind Onuachu nonetheless) at Genk, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the SE midfield nor "some 18 year old kid based in Austria."
Dessers played only a few minutes but to be frank I must be sleeping :rotf: :rotf: not to have noticed what he did to be rated ahead of Iheanacho based on the game v Tunisia. All I can state is that wonders will never cease on CE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: With all been said, seen and done...

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:Nobody is even mentioning Paul Mukairu.
And Tolu Arokodare playing in the Bundesliga with Koln FC...
There’s a whole lot of ball to be played between now and 2022.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:Owngoal claims Rohr will not call the following for November games

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

They claimed Rohr prefers Ajayi over Agu and Onyeka. Thats what I was telling people.
Though Ajayi was poor or maybe very average, I still prefer him over the other 2. But Rohr needs to widen his scouting and look for better natural CDMs. He can't continue using Ajayi to fill the void.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Owngoal claims Rohr will not call the following for November games

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

Though Ajayi was poor or maybe very average, I still prefer him over the other 2. But Rohr needs to widen his scouting and look for better natural CDMs. He can't continue using Ajayi to fill the void.
The scouting software will be upgraded! :lol:
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote:
Lolly wrote:

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

The scouting software will be upgraded! :lol:
:lol: :lol: I hear his scout's name is something "Software".
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

Well if Onyeka is on the list of dis engaged players than Rohr must have a low IQ according to Tibit people with high IQ can see they bobo’s “quality”(the bobo has been shinning in a shitty league).
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

Well if Onyeka is on the list of dis engaged players than Rohr must have a low IQ according to Tibit people with high IQ can see they bobo’s “quality”(the bobo has been shinning in a shitty league).
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

1. Onuachu
2. Onyeka
3. Alampasu
4. Tijani
5. Agu

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I don't know why that was funny for some reason :lol: