How will you line up against Sierra Lone next month?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: How will you line up against Sierra Lone next month?

Post by waka-man »

I think we can assume Ajayi is Ndidi's under-study. So if Ndidi is not fit, he'll be our DM.

Who plays alongside him and Iwobi is anyone's guess. Aribo seems to be in pole position but I wouldn't discount Etebo.

As for the 2 CD's, I dunno - my sense is it will Ekong + any of the others but Balogun has done himself major favours and will playing time at Rangers he might just have reclaimed that spot. It looks like the full backs will be Sanusi and Ebuehi.

And I get the sense Chukwueze will continue to get the nod alongside the industrious Simon.

Then Osimhen.

Okoye also seems to be in pole, unless Uzoho challenges him.

By and large, the team is set.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Some of yall they try shy. I dont know how una get excited about a Rohr team that is so lifeless that one can fall asleep watching them. Can't wait till he is gone and a coach with an exciting approach to football is hired. Nothing the likes of Ekong, Collins, Ebuehi, Ajayi, Aina, Simon, Onuachu etc will do next month that you can't already predict or already seem. When you pay a coach the kind of money Rohr is paid, he is supposed to unearth and assemble a group of world beaters not these set of div 3 quality players being paraded. He seems to just be throwing darts on the wall to see if it sticks, not sure he knows what a baller is if it hits him on the forehead.
This is so funny.
I guess it's a case of once you have the money and can pay top dollar, that coach will turn you into world beaters, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
So what happened to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, China, USA that have all the resources in the world to pay "that kind of money" and much more?
Its bad enough trying to convince many Nigerians that some FB Nigerians are worthy of consideration for the SE and you truly believe money is the issue?

Did you know Keshi was in 2012 being paid roughly the same as Rohr is today, allowing for inflation?
And rightly so!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:chei , Lesotho is the yardstick now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....naija don suffer kai
Your Keshi struggled against virtually every minnow he faced, including

Kenya, Namibia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Sudan, Congo, and YES TAHITI.

Not once did Keshia team play minnows as well as the Lesotho match. NOT ONCE.
How about how he played in an ANC semi-final? How about how he played in a final, how did **** fair in his ANC final....oh wait :mrgreen: Hope you are not more focused on beating minnows than competing with the best of the best...
You can't play against the best when you fail to qualify for a competition by failing AGAINST MINNOWS.

What happened to Keshi's defense of the Afcon trophy ?

Keshi team played in 2 AFCON competitions. They won one and failed to even qualify for the other.

Let us see what Rohr does in 2 tournaments so we can properly compare. He's already en route to qualifying for a second tournament, so he will have already passed Keshi in that regard.
He CAN'T PASS KESHI, don't you get it? He's already had the chance to and failed...now you are bringing in after the facts stuff to dilute the comparison. Belsabaini's current work with Algeria is similar to Keshi's and is clearly better than what Rohr is doing. Hopefully **** wins something at some point but he can't go back in time to do what Keshi did winning the ANC on his first try and getting to the WC 2nd round..... :mrgreen:
Okay we get it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Keshi is and forever will be the GOAT Naija coach for winning the AFCON at first attempt.
You can't better that.
Can we move on now?
We have a tournament to qualify for. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:This is so funny.
I guess it's a case of once you have the money and can pay top dollar, that coach will turn you into world beaters, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
So what happened to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, China, USA that have all the resources in the world to pay "that kind of money" and much more?
Its bad enough trying to convince many Nigerians that some FB Nigerians are worthy of consideration for the SE and you truly believe money is the issue?

Did you know Keshi was in 2012 being paid roughly the same as Rohr is today, allowing for inflation?
And rightly so!
Really! Dr Inflation! Keshi and Rohr were paid in Dollars, not Naira!
Keshi himself revealed that he will be paid five million Naira (less than $25,000), which was what he also received during his initial contract.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/k ... ry-1.88675
“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid, and these are two players (himself and Keshi) who won trophies for Nigeria,” Oliseh told The Punch.

https://soccernet.ng/2020/04/sunday-oli ... and-i.html
“We recently renewed the contract of Rohr and in the new contract is an addition of $10,000 to his monthly salary. His new salary is $55,000 (about N2 million),” Pinnick said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/rohr-to-earn-n20m-salary/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:This is so funny.

And rightly so!
Really! Dr Inflation! Keshi and Rohr were paid in Dollars, not Naira!
Keshi himself revealed that he will be paid five million Naira (less than $25,000), which was what he also received during his initial contract.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/k ... ry-1.88675
“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid, and these are two players (himself and Keshi) who won trophies for Nigeria,” Oliseh told The Punch.

https://soccernet.ng/2020/04/sunday-oli ... and-i.html
BABANLA FAKE NEWS AND YOU ARE WILFULLY POSTING IT AS 'EVIDENCE'. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“We recently renewed the contract of Rohr and in the new contract is an addition of $10,000 to his monthly salary. His new salary is $55,000 (about N2 million),” Pinnick said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/rohr-to-earn-n20m-salary/
So you think Adelakun and co are doing their service for free? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wey no get soccer qualification, how much you sef go take as your own salary for 'software' coach?
And did Keshi tell you he was paying anybody from his salary?
I'm genuinely curious.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:So you think Adelakun and co are doing their service for free? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wey no get soccer qualification, how much you sef go take as your own salary for 'software' coach?
And did Keshi tell you he was paying anybody from his salary?
I'm genuinely curious.
I get FA football qualification and I don coach church team for London league for about 2-4 years! Those days were rough, finance and administration wise. Those boys (now) men were the best all round, after politics and mago-mago* enter, I took a back seat and faced other things!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote:I think we can assume Ajayi is Ndidi's under-study. So if Ndidi is not fit, he'll be our DM.

Who plays alongside him and Iwobi is anyone's guess. Aribo seems to be in pole position but I wouldn't discount Etebo.

As for the 2 CD's, I dunno - my sense is it will Ekong + any of the others but Balogun has done himself major favours and will playing time at Rangers he might just have reclaimed that spot. It looks like the full backs will be Sanusi and Ebuehi.

And I get the sense Chukwueze will continue to get the nod alongside the industrious Simon.

Then Osimhen.

Okoye also seems to be in pole, unless Uzoho challenges him.

By and large, the team is set.
I’d assume if both Etebo and Aribo are available they’d both play behind Iwobi.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nigerian injury list : Nididi, Etebo, Aribo, Sam Kalu, Sansui none of them will be available to face Sierra Lone.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

It will be interesting to see how SE will perform in the away match without these players
Flex Swift wrote:Nigerian injury list : Nididi, Etebo, Aribo, Sam Kalu, Sansui none of them will be available to face Sierra Lone.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Why are people putting a 40 year old Uzoho in goal? Okoye is our number 1 going forward.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Why are people putting a 40 year old Uzoho in goal? Okoye is our number 1 going forward.
I hope this is sarcasm?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Flex Swift wrote:Nigerian injury list : Nididi, Etebo, Aribo, Sam Kalu, Sansui none of them will be available to face Sierra Lone.
Aribo & Etebo should be available tor the game. Aribo should be fit for Rangers next game after this weekend Old Firm
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Adisboy wrote:
Aribo & Etebo should be available tor the game. Aribo should be fit for Rangers next game after this weekend Old Firm
Aribo came on today in the 90th minute.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Aribo came on today in the 90th minute.
Glad to know he's back!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sanusi played 90 mins too and got an assist.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:Sanusi played 90 mins too and got an assist.
2nd highest rating on his team as they played Sporting Lisbon.

I think we have our legitimate LB.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rhor better call Lookman and Adarabioyo up this November. No excuses.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:Rhor better call Lookman and Adarabioyo up this November. No excuses.
I'm not yet convinced on Adarabioyo. Don't think he's necessarily better than our current options.

Lookman is a no brainer.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Etebo is back from injury currently playing for Galatasaray scores are 0-0
Galatasaray 1- 1 Alanyaspor Etebo has just been sent off