The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:If rumours that Ozil is left out of the EPL squad, then Arteta is simply losing it. Here he is with a team lacking creativity and the only bonafide creative player in the team is being snubbed? A case of Arteta "cutting the nose of to spite the face".

On a sideline we now see how the sale fo Martinez has come to bite Arsenal. Martinez qualifies as a home-grown player. That's what you get with rookies running around like headless chicken.
I think it was above his pay grade. No sane manager would leave a player like Ozil out of the squad unless it was a diktat from above.

Forget Per Mertsasaker's reported statement on Ozil.

It's that stingy Stan.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

cchinukw wrote:
azuka wrote:If rumours that Ozil is left out of the EPL squad, then Arteta is simply losing it. Here he is with a team lacking creativity and the only bonafide creative player in the team is being snubbed? A case of Arteta "cutting the nose of to spite the face".

On a sideline we now see how the sale fo Martinez has come to bite Arsenal. Martinez qualifies as a home-grown player. That's what you get with rookies running around like headless chicken.
I think it was above his pay grade. No sane manager would leave a player like Ozil out of the squad unless it was a diktat from above.

It's that stingy Stan.
Penny wise pound foolish. Play or no play, Ozil collects his pay.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:So West Ham have finally landed Said Benrahma from Brentford. Hmmmm.....Okay o
Bro is he good?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:
cchinukw wrote:So West Ham have finally landed Said Benrahma from Brentford. Hmmmm.....Okay o
Bro is he good?
Most of us dont watch championship consistently ...but he and Ole watkins were solid in the championship.

West ham is not playing around.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ozil Arsenal career is now over. Axed from the Premier league 25 man squad.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

This is beyond football. Footballistically, Mesut is certainly needed by Arsenal but he did something which has unfortunately made him a pariah at the club.

From what I can ascertain, his decision to not take a pay cut when almost all the other players did made him an outcast. Arteta even alluded to it in one of his interviews that everyone should put the team and club first and not their own interests but the opposite is what Mesut did. When the team and club needed him the most, he was found wanting. Being the highest earner at the club, him taking a pay cut would have made a huge financial impact.

He showed that he did not really care about the club or his team mates by that singular action and that goes against the grain of the culture Arteta is trying to instill in the club. I'll miss seeing him playing for the Arsenal but I understand the decision to exclude him. Kudos to the club for making such a bold statement that even though a business, the club places a higher premium on loyalty than money.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

slyk wrote:

This is beyond football. Footballistically, Mesut is certainly needed by Arsenal but he did something which has unfortunately made him a pariah at the club.

From what I can ascertain, his decision to not take a pay cut when almost all the other players did made him an outcast. Arteta even alluded to it in one of his interviews that everyone should put the team and club first and not their own interests but the opposite is what Mesut did. When the team and club needed him the most, he was found wanting. Being the highest earner at the club, him taking a pay cut would have made a huge financial impact.

He showed that he did not really care about the club or his team mates by that singular action and that goes against the grain of the culture Arteta is trying to instill in the club. I'll miss seeing him playing for the Arsenal but I understand the decision to exclude him. Kudos to the club for making such a bold statement that even though a business, the club places a higher premium on loyalty than money.
_______
No one of us other than Ozil , his agents and the club hierarchy will ever know the truth. He had not been in the club plans before the pay cut episode , that was just the publicized reason. I think Waffi posted here that Ozil did not refuse the pay cut ( plus he was not the only one ) ..what he asked for was a written guarantee that if they applied the cut jobs will be saved... the club refused to give the guarantee and he refused the cut.

Fast forward a few months later the club sacked the same people they had said the pay cut was for !!

_____

Now do I believe this version ? It would not matter because he will get his pay disgraced or not ...and will leave when the contract ends..and very likely get another club.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ozil was dropped by 3 different managers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Bukayo Saka! Keep up the great work Fam!
https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/sto ... emperament
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Azuka my dude, I think this blog post kinda ticks all the relevant boxes.
https://le-grove.co.uk/

One lout down, next on the block is ya other misguided Swiss idol :tic: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Matter uv fact, his replacement is already in the building.
Long may we Partey :sneaky: :sneaky:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Ozil is now calling Arsenal out 4 lack uv loyalty,
despite them giving him a fortune that no other
decent team would hv even met half way.
I said it B4, Edu and Mikel need 2 strip the #10
Jersey off of him and negotiate a buy out.
This dude just wants to take shots on social
media and play Fortnite.
He has ZERO desire to play fball and it’s so
obvious.

Bale, alexis, Mikhi, James and others in the same situation
all found a way out 2 go play the game they luv
but not this dude. He’d rather manipulate and
park his arse in front of the fortnite screen.
Thanks Wenger and Gazidis!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

slyk wrote:

Honestly after reading his interview and why he did not take the cut i stand by Ozil. Will any of us take such a cut if we have a choice under similar clouded circumstances. 3 players we heard refused the cut, why is Ozil the only one mentioned? Was taking a cut justified when at the end of the day over 55 members of staff got laid off? Above all in the EPL, how many teams did their players take a cut?
For me it is a shame and this is beyond Ozil. God keep us all alive we will revisit the situation when one of our players is being accused of lacking loyalty to the club? Do you guys the players are happy with what's being done to Ozil?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:Ozil is now calling Arsenal out 4 lack uv loyalty,
despite them giving him a fortune that no other
decent team would hv even met half way.
I said it B4, Edu and Mikel need 2 strip the #10
Jersey off of him and negotiate a buy out.
This dude just wants to take shots on social
media and play Fortnite.
He has ZERO desire to play fball and it’s so
obvious.

Bale, alexis, Mikhi, James and others in the same situation
all found a way out 2 go play the game they luv
but not this dude. He’d rather manipulate and
park his arse in front of the fortnite screen.
Thanks Wenger and Gazidis!
The players you mentioned are not World Cup winners, the epitome of a footballers' success. That said to me it's beyond Ozil. I hope you guys will stop blaming our former captain who down tools to force a transfer to France? And i hope you all too forgive RVP now for forcing a transfer to Man U?
With a club like ours, who won't? Note the players are watching. The richochet effect of this Ozil's situation will come back and bite us in future.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Let everyone give an honest opinion. If you were in Ozil's shoes would you have taken the cut?

I wouldn't and the reason is simple enough. All the years Arsenal were making a profit, did they pay any player anything extra above what was stated explicitly in each player's contract?

In the same vein will the British jurnos and commentators have reacted the same way they are doing now, if Ozil is a British player?
This is purely injustice. Let's call a spade a spade.

As per Arteta i hope he learns a big lesson in this episode. What happened to Ozil can happen to him. Also he should draw the line going forward in his coaching career. He should never be involved in players pay discussions. That was a rookie mistake at best.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

And lastly on Ozil. Let's remember that when the star players we made were all jumping ship, he an outside star joined us and helped steadied our ship. Thus helping us win 3 FA Cups our first trophies in the Emirates era, after many years of drought. So to be so badly treated is a shame on the values of what the club stands for.

Thanks Ozil for the memories. You will remain in our minds.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:

Honestly after reading his interview and why he did not take the cut i stand by Ozil. Will any of us take such a cut if we have a choice under similar clouded circumstances. 3 players we heard refused the cut, why is Ozil the only one mentioned? Was taking a cut justified when at the end of the day over 55 members of staff got laid off? Above all in the EPL, how many teams did their players take a cut?
For me it is a shame and this is beyond Ozil. God keep us all alive we will revisit the situation when one of our players is being accused of lacking loyalty to the club? Do you guys the players are happy with what's being done to Ozil?
Even without 55 getting laid off, no footballer should be pressured into taking a paycut or being ostracised for it.

Besides, Arsenal are in danger of breaking employment law!

This is a case of constructive dismissal. If I was Ozil, I'd take the club to the cleaners and be well within my rights to do so.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

The players you mentioned are not World Cup winners, the epitome of a footballers' success.
Azuke, you my guy but this is really scraping at the bottom of the barrel, sir.
So by yer logic, O. Girl us is a more accomplished player than Ronaldo and Messi because he was on a World Cup winning squad :atc: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What kinda desperation is making Ya reach 4 such rubbish?

Again Sanchez, Bale, James, Suarez we’re overpaid and unwanted, and decided to
leave to play football rather than be a stool pigeon and pick at bones.
Your argument on World Cup winner is so lame I can’t stop laughing.
Stop Bro please :sneaky:

T
hat said to me it's beyond Ozil. I hope you guys will stop blaming our former captain who down tools to force a transfer to France
?

Your argument is as funny as Ozil claiming that Arsenal that paid him almost 1.5 mill a month to sit and play video games Were disloyal to him :blushing: :mrgreen:
Talk of about having lost the plot! No one asked him to lose money and leave, but he would rather stick it to the club because Daddy Wenger ain’t around to coddle and pat him on the back. No surprise that Ramsey spilled the beans and said how he got things from Wenger that none of them would even dare ask for.

Dude is a sham, and I hope he gets shamed out uv the Emirates. They need to pull the jersey number from him. IMHO. Not an Arteta but he has slowly won me over.
With a club like ours, who won't? Note the players are watching. The richochet effect of this Ozil's situation will come back and bite us in future.
What’s the warning for? Did he perform and get binned? Are you ok?
You actually think serious minded clubs and people take Ozil seriously?
Lol.
Go and ask Germans what they think of Ozil and maybe you will understand
that he is the bloody problem and not everyone else.
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:And lastly on Ozil. Let's remember that when the star players we made were all jumping ship, he an outside star joined us and helped steadied our ship. Thus helping us win 3 FA Cups our first trophies in the Emirates era, after many years of drought. So to be so badly treated is a shame on the values of what the club stands for.

Thanks Ozil for the memories. You will remain in our minds.
Ozil did nothing and was subbed when we beat Hull.
We stomped Villa, and would have done so with or without him.
We will thank our Aaron, the Big German and Holding for beating Chelski,
and oh yeah, he didn’t even smell the grass on the freshly
Cut Wembley field, during our latest win.
Stop my brother, yer becoming 2 darn desperate my friend.
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:Let everyone give an honest opinion. If you were in Ozil's shoes would you have taken the cut?

I wouldn't and the reason is simple enough. All the years Arsenal were making a profit, did they pay any player anything extra above what was stated explicitly in each player's contract?

In the same vein will the British jurnos and commentators have reacted the same way they are doing now, if Ozil is a British player?

As per Arteta i hope he learns a big lesson in this episode. What happened to Ozil can happen to him. Also he should draw the line going forward in his coaching career. He should never be involved in players pay discussions. That was a rookie mistake at best.

Everyone else took the bloody cut and he is the highest paid player.
Sorry he is greedy, lousy lout.
Goodbye Mesut.
You can go hang out with Erdo in peace now.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

What i dont understand with some Arsenal fans is their love for clowns.
Arsenal is one of the nicest clubs that treat players well.
Ozil is getting paid even without playing or making the 25 man team.Great players have been poorly treated,even clowns like Pedro that won world cup,Euro more trophies than Ozil can dream were push and allow to go for free.You dont hear them complain.
Ozil refused pay cut during tough time which is fine,refused to go on loan and still get paid same,refused to go to other clubs which is fine.
The club doesnt need him,he is not good to play the way Arteta intend to play and Arteta plans are long term.
What i hate about the club is been nice to him,if he is not in your plan,dont allow him train with the first team and take the jersey from him.
The club will pay his wages but let him not play or train but come to training ground and watch the boys training.

Ozil brought nothing good to Arsenal for years never was he the main man but his old good friend spoil him to t he extend that it mess our wages.
Wenger need to be investigated if he is getting some % of Ozil salary
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:Let everyone give an honest opinion. If you were in Ozil's shoes would you have taken the cut?

Everyone else took the bloody cut and he is the highest paid player.
Sorry he is greedy, lousy lout.
Goodbye Mesut.
You can go hang out with Erdo in peace now.
The only good thing about Arteta is that he has seen the light by not putting that guy in his plans.
Ozil should have been let go long time.He is just a trouble maker.
The club will keep paying his wages but some one should start wearing #10 come sunday.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ohenhen how is beloved gonna line up come tomorrow for Europa?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cchinukw wrote:

It's that stingy Stan.

Arteta has spoken and he was very clear, no room for speculation or conspiracy theories

Here is part of the transcript from when he was asked, together with the link

on whether Ozil has played his last game for the club...

Honestly, I take full responsibility. I have to be the one getting the best out of the players. It's my responsibility and again, it's nothing related to anything, any behaviour or things like I read, like the pay cuts. It's not true, it's my decision. If someone has to blame me, and that will happen when we lose football matches, it's my responsibility. I have to make the decision to get the best possible squad out there to win football matches and competitions as often as we can. In order to do that, I try to be fair with him and with any other players in the squad to defend, as much as possible, the interests of the football club.

Full Transcript here : https://www.arsenal.com/news/arteta-mes ... d-omission