2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] BUR v TOT [WK 6]

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Notable absentees today: Dele, Sanchez, Aurier, and Winks. Bale on the bench likewise Rodon and Reguilon.
Please tell me, who is first choice right back? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: dd, there is nothing funny about it. Just because a new face walks through the door doesn't guarantee a start. Knowing JoMo, he is more about what you bring to the team rather than what you have. Aurier is known factor and JoMo is comfortable with him therefore Matt has to show in training he deserves to start over him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its very funny. You really should try comedy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same way I guaranteed you that your crap favorite players will be sold, I am guaranteeing you now-- Doherty will be your starting right back. Absolutely nothing you, Aurier or his agent can do about that. The decision has been made.
So guess who is first choice RB :taunt:?
Rotation. Competition. This is what Aurier needs to keep him focused. Remember when he said he didn't have competition for his spot when it was only KWP? Now he knows he has to has to start playing better and consistently.
Doherty played on thursday, shouldn't he be the one resting? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Notable absentees today: Dele, Sanchez, Aurier, and Winks. Bale on the bench likewise Rodon and Reguilon.
Please tell me, who is first choice right back? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: dd, there is nothing funny about it. Just because a new face walks through the door doesn't guarantee a start. Knowing JoMo, he is more about what you bring to the team rather than what you have. Aurier is known factor and JoMo is comfortable with him therefore Matt has to show in training he deserves to start over him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its very funny. You really should try comedy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same way I guaranteed you that your crap favorite players will be sold, I am guaranteeing you now-- Doherty will be your starting right back. Absolutely nothing you, Aurier or his agent can do about that. The decision has been made.
So guess who is first choice RB :taunt:?
Rotation. Competition. This is what Aurier needs to keep him focused. Remember when he said he didn't have competition for his spot when it was only KWP? Now he knows he has to has to start playing better and consistently.
Doherty played on thursday, shouldn't he be the one resting? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Let Thursday come and we can make a determination if Aurier was dropped completely for performance or for rotation. Don't get me wrong I think he and Sanchez are bonehead players. We'll see how Rodon fairs.

BTW I didn't read your assessment of Rodon. Is he any good? Is he an upgrade to Sanchez?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele off to a great start making Burnley pick up a yellow card within 2 mins.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Toby with his signature cross from deep pass finds Kane but couldn't finish.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Is that a possible red card offense against Barnes?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Toby gets stitched up for an elbow to the head.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Barnes the thug offside
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

How was that not a YC for the Burnley player?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Burnley defending resolutely. They are going to be a touch team to crack open.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura needlessly gives the ball away in a promising build up.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hugo with a great save.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh no, Kane holding his ankle.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is not a good first half performance by Spur's standard. No shots on target so far for them.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

See Matt getting easily disposed.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

HT 0-0
Burnley successfully frustrated Spurs
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nothing worth of note done by the lads. Burnley has had the decent chances of scoring and have defended resolutely. Spurs has to come out stronger and faster to keep them at the back foot and force an error of out them.

This game looks like it will end in one goal scored and can go either way.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

bale warming up
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Davies nearly caused a disaster.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nothing is working on the offensive side.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Lamela about to come on
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lamela should be coming on for Lucas

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Lucas off, Lamela on
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Toby's block stopped a Barne's possible goal.