The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Those wey sabi football wey dem o ..

FYI ..anytime we meet a team that puts 8 people behind the ball this is what will happen to us...

so if you guys really sabi ya football better call Arteta and borrow him ya bright ideas o.

Xhaka, Ceballos and PARTEY are not your attacking midfield options ..Now I see why we really pursued

Btw

Dermot Gallagher ex ref feels that our disallowed goal was a wrong decision.

Oh well.
It was a wrong decision. A terrible call.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: “Our organisation could cope, Granit Xhaka coming to the side meant Dennis Praet could press him, but it was about closing the lines, concentrating and then playing through when we had the ball.”
Azuka just a nugget for ya.
The fact that yer guy is a weak link
is so obvious even opposition coaches
have no qualms about calling him out.

Like I said earlier in the game, Chaka
was determined to gift Leicester a goal ... and he did.
An absolute shyt uv a player. How on earth Arteta decided 2
keep him on the field and persist with Laca centrally
is a question the Kroenke’s need answers to.

You obviously have an agenda, so miss the point. From deep, our main outlet is Xhaka, so teams come with a plan to stop him from playing.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers: “Our organisation could cope, Granit Xhaka coming to the side meant Dennis Praet could press him, but it was about closing the lines, concentrating and then playing through when we had the ball.”

Stop Sleak. In the 4-3-3 formation that Arteta put up today, tell me what Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos your man were supposed to do. What exactly is the definition of the tasks of each one of them on the pitch today. Who among this 3 is the DM? What happened to his Ozil-clone Willian?
This loss today is on Arteta. We have lost 9 points against teams with a better team selection we would have won.
I am sorry, Arteta is beginning to lose it.
Loss all on Arteta for sure.

With Leicester focusing on making sure our dangerous left side in contained, Arteta blew it with his lack of creativity in his set up. They man marked Xhaka and Saka, but left huge time and spaces for Ceballos and Luiz. Luiz steps forward from defence to try and create, but was is not a consistent outlet, just like Ceballos because there was always limited options. No one of Ceballos or Luiz to thread simply passes between the lines, or quick one twos with Partey. It was all going sideways or a long diagonal pass.

The main responsibility for drawing pressure away from the press from Xhaka should have Partey and Ceballos, but Partey team mates spent most of the evening avoiding him. I even heard Arteta shouting to Gabriel Partey, instead he passed to a marked Xhaka when Partey was free. Ceballos was unwell and out of sorts, he should not be on the pitch.

Overall, we lacked creativity and lost a game we should have won. Notice when Leicester pushed up, Luiz hit the pass into the space but Bellerin just could not control. From that moment, they dropped deep, taking away the space this nulifying that pass.

When your most creative player is your CD, your team is easily nullified as an attacking threat. When Luiz got injured, they pushed started believing, confident we had no options in terms of creativity.

Teams have sussed Arteta's 3-4-3 system. His 4-3-3 is in its infancy, Partey is not yet in the overall tactical schemes and has not settled fully yet. But, Arteta failure to get Ozil's replacement, is already proving costly way earlier than he had hoped. He has tried Willian but it does not look promising, with the Owner taking Ozil out, he best option to me is Saka. I would have played Saka there, with Niles at LB supporting Tierney.

But Arteta has time despite impatient fans.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Can't stand losing because the manager in denial that likes of Lacazette & Xhaka are washed.

PL has no mercy on slow, immobile and unathletic players. Can't move ball at optimal level with players who move like a 90 year old ridden with arthritis. AMN, El neny, Nelson, Rowe, Saliba, Balogun are better options.

Arteta has to end process of selecting any player based on expectations or experience. Forget hype long overdue to build team based on attributes that coincide with the PL i.e power, pace, stamina, physicality & bottle.
Nothing unathletic about Laca's headed disallowed goal. Defeat has nothing to do with these players. The manager visit us the game.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
slyk wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Stop Sleak. In the 4-3-3 formation that Arteta put up today, tell me what Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos your man were supposed to do. What exactly is the definition of the tasks of each one of them on the pitch today. Who among this 3 is the DM? What happened to his Ozil-clone Willian?
This loss today is on Arteta. We have lost 9 points against teams with a better team selection we would have won.
Losses to Man City, Liverpool and Leceister, three sides that finished way ahead of Arsenal when the league ended a few months ago and you feel Arteta is losing it? I really do not get some of you. So you feel that because Arteta did not pick the team that you in your vast experience as a fan picked for the game, that is the main reason Arsenal lost to these sides.

Why are some of you seemingly so eager to throw Mikel under the bus? We had a "legit" goal disallowed, Laca missed a sitter and we did create some decent chances, yet Arteta is losing it. Just so you know, Willian is injured. Please stop bringing up Ozil whenever Arsenal lose. Mesut of the last three years is not the Mesut of 5 years ago so I am pretty certain having him in the team would have made the team worse not better. We should be looking forward but having Ozil in the team would be taking the team backwards.
I don't mind losing. But losing without a fight is what hurts. And that's what we did. Yes he seems to be losing it. I hope I am wrong.

Can you please tell me what exactly Partey, Dani and Xhaka were supposing to be doing on Saturday? Who was to play where and how?
Your point about losing without a fight is a concern. I have looked at the numbers, too many players were below their average physical output. I hear there is a bug in camp.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

With Leicester focusing on making sure our dangerous left side in contained, Arteta blew it with his lack of creativity in his set up. They man marked Xhaka and Saka, but left huge time and spaces for Ceballos and Luiz. Luiz steps forward from defence to try and create, but was is not a consistent outlet, just like Ceballos because there was always limited options. No one of Ceballos or Luiz to thread simply passes between the lines, or quick one twos with Partey. It was all going sideways or a long diagonal pass.

The main responsibility for drawing pressure away from the press from Xhaka should have Partey and Ceballos, but Partey team mates spent most of the evening avoiding him. I even heard Arteta shouting to Gabriel Partey, instead he passed to a marked Xhaka when Partey was free. Ceballos was unwell and out of sorts, he should not be on the pitch.

Overall, we lacked creativity and lost a game we should have won. Notice when Leicester pushed up, Luiz hit the pass into the space but Bellerin just could not control. From that moment, they dropped deep, taking away the space this nulifying that pass.

When your most creative player is your CD, your team is easily nullified as an attacking threat. When Luiz got injured, they pushed started believing, confident we had no options in terms of creativity.

Teams have sussed Arteta's 3-4-3 system. His 4-3-3 is in its infancy, Partey is not yet in the overall tactical schemes and has not settled fully yet. But, Arteta failure to get Ozil's replacement, is already proving costly way earlier than he had hoped. He has tried Willian but it does not look promising, with the Owner taking Ozil out, he best option to me is Saka. I would have played Saka there, with Niles at LB supporting Tierney.

...agreed
I would also like to add that the goal was the fault of Mustafi not heeding the forewarning from Gabriel. As usual Mustafi failed to pick up the run of Vardy. He didn't even try. I question Arteta's decision
to keep Mustafi in the squad. I'm flabbergasted that Arteta wants to offer him a contract extension. He plans to leave on a free, so let him languish in the U23. His mind is not on the task at hand
and never was up to par at the best of times. I would take a green Saliba over him any day
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

You obviously have an agenda, so miss the point. From deep, our main outlet is Xhaka, so teams come with a plan to stop him from playing.
‘Tis amazing how brilliant and smart some individuals
try to be after they know the answers to the quiz or the
outcome uv The battle.
You & another chap here hv the same mentality.
You only choose ta show up post game with ur noise.
If I can’t be brave enough 2 Post in game then spare
is the post game narrative with all due respect ...
Sorry don’t mean 2 be churlish.
Just MHO!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

I like Saka but are you sure you want to put that load on him to consistently deliver week after week?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

I like Saka but are you sure you want to put that load on him to consistently deliver week after week?
Saka is not a creator and never will be. I think it's time he tries Smith in the 10 role or dig deep into the under-23 or under-18 for a creator.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

...agreed
I would also like to add that the goal was the fault of Mustafi not heeding the forewarning from Gabriel. As usual Mustafi failed to pick up the run of Vardy. He didn't even try. I question Arteta's decision
to keep Mustafi in the squad. I'm flabbergasted that Arteta wants to offer him a contract extension. He plans to leave on a free, so let him languish in the U23. His mind is not on the task at hand
and never was up to par at the best of times. I would take a green Saliba over him any day

Well, if ‘Haka and his lead feet and slow brain had not been drawn out of position in the first place
and dropped back anticipating the ball over the top the whole structure of the defense wouldn’t have broken down. That goal was so basic in its construction and XHAKA so piss poor
In his positioning that it’s so beyond the pale.
The man has no bloody business on the team.
Why are ya trying to squeeze tight to a player when
there is no pressure on ball, space behind ya, and yer know you’ve got no
catch up speed?
The man is so hopeless.
Schoolboys don’t even make those kinda errors!

No need stressing. The club has gone 2 the dogs anyway.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

...agreed

My brother - I was like you until a gunner sent me a link to watch u23 with Saliba playing a full match..lets just say Arteta was on point with Saliba - He is not fit and ready, the time away and the personal loss he had took a tool on his form. He is VERY big and cant run yet, he does have very very very good positional sense and thats what got him through the u23 game. So I have learnt - na the person wey dey see them everyday go decide.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

assanal are you people ready for united?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Saka is not a creator and never will be. I think it's time he tries Smith in the 10 role or dig deep into the under-23 or under-18 for a creator.
Not saying he is the answer, but of all the options he has tried so far, he looks the best bet. I'd take Saka over Willian in that position from the two games he has played Willian in that position. He also instructed Ceballos to move up - to play the creator role in the Leicester game.

But we needed balance in that midfield. One player with discipline that stays behind and can defend (Partey) and two that can take the ball forward and move into spaces, with one more offensive than the other. I'd have gone with Ceballos and Saka. It is how you play a fluid 4-3-3. But we did not play a fluid 4-3-3, it was more like Emery's flat 4-3-3, if it was a 4-3-3.

But, what do I know? I know he has options he is not using.

IMHO, Arteta did not play a 4-3-3. To me, Arteta fielded 3 CMs to disguise the fact that it was actually a 3 at the back with Xhaka LCB.

If he played a 4-3-3 which many mistakenly claim, it was pointless playing the 3 CMs flat in a game like that. All it encouraged was continuous sideways passing with our players scared to play between the lines or to a marked player.

An offensive minded manager picks two in that midfield, plays Saka in the 8 and puts Pepe right side. Against Sheffield United we struggled until he brought in Pepe, played 2 in midfield with a 4-2-3-1 system.

Against Leicester who came to defend like Sheffield United, we sat with 10 behind the ball for 70 mins and we played effectively with 3 deeper lying midfielders. At times, we looked like Emery's teams with the FBs high up.

I know Partey needs to settle in and get to know his teammates. But the stats suggest a team looking to play and attack from wide positions only. Once again pointing to Emery's tactics.

Xhaka made 98 passes and Partey 54. Such an imbalance in numbers is just ridiculous. But it gets worse, Gabriel passed to Xhaka 35 times. Xhaka passed to Gabriel 24 times. They both passed to Partey 8 times each. I know it is early days for Partey, but those numbers are criminal.

Also, if he wants to play a 4-3-3, then play it properly. Why not bring in Niles for Ceballos or Xhaka, with Partey as first choice.

Personally, I will make a special application to the FA for Ozil right now. If not, I consider Smith Rowe or another a youth team player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

...agreed

My brother - I was like you until a gunner sent me a link to watch u23 with Saliba playing a full match..lets just say Arteta was on point with Saliba - He is not fit and ready, the time away and the personal loss he had took a tool on his form. He is VERY big and cant run yet, he does have very very very good positional sense and thats what got him through the u23 game. So I have learnt - na the person wey dey see them everyday go decide.
For Saliba is all about fitness - both physically and mentally.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

He will be better than Ceballos or Willian. Although not the answer.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:assanal are you people ready for united?
THERE WILL BE A PARTEY AFTER PARTEY :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
I am expecting another bore fest ... OGS will not want to lose and neither will Arsenal.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I am expecting another bore fest ... OGS will not want to lose and neither will Arsenal.
they dont care about you or your entertainment , no one wants to lose max points to rivals
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

“ Arteta: “I feel really bad for William Saliba. Because we had so many central defenders, we decided to leave him out of the squad which was really hurtful for me to do.
“I was hoping that Pablo would be back in two weeks but he had a setback and then we don’t have Pablo and we don’t have William when he’s fit and available to play. But when you make those decisions, you can’t always think about every possible outcome.””
Imagine the wailing had Unai Emery admitted this kind uv foolishness.
No excuse not 2 register the kid 4 the Europa where he can learn and grow.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

@gunnerblog
: "Arteta has made it quite clear that in build-up this is Xhaka’s team. When Xhaka plays everything goes through him. How that responsibility is shared between Xhaka and Partey is going to be a really interesting development."
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Na wa! Willian Attacks Arteta's tactics

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -play.html
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Back of Four of

Kolas
Mainland-Niles
Mustafi
Cedric

How does Arteta explain not
registering Saliba 4 the Europa.