2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [EL] ANT v TOT [GP-J MCT 2]

Post by toyin133 »

Antwerp blaze another good chance over the bar after catching Spurs on the counter
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thank goodness. Our pants were left hanging.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

see sanchez running away from a tackle :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We won't score. I see it now.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kai see awa defense o. It is like they doing promo.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Antwerp defending with their lives.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Are the Twerps from Belgium about 2 take down the Totts?
Surely no way?
This is a full strength Spurs squad on the field too.
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Antwerp defending with their lives.
This must look so foreign to you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is just poor play all round.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am done. Not watching again.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Give the Twerps some credit on the real tip.
These lads know how 2 defend. This is some
Courageous rear guard action that’s so far stymied
the Totts, who are down but always still dangerous
with the firepower at their disposal.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote:I am done. Not watching again.
Stop being lame. Still time 4 ur mob.
Never seen a player who fouls when on the attack
as much alameda. It’s so weird.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:I am done. Not watching again.
Hope this burns you deep in your soul :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Nothing more impressive than defensive lads who take pride in defending.
This has been impressive so far but they can still get stung.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote:Nothing more impressive than defensive lads who take pride in defending.
This has been impressive so far but they can still get stung.
No o! IAG will prefer davies, Sanchez and Aurier. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This is just the beginning of his pain.

You want to win titles and you parade defenders who will undermine you? Good luck! :lol:
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT
Antwerp win
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

What an incredible win for the Twerps.
The Special Once gets plunked!
Dang!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

C-U-R-S-E-D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote:What an incredible win for the Twerps.
The Special Once gets plunked!
Dang!
You are in the wrong thread. Arsenal may be a small club which will celebrate a routine win in the first round. Antwerp isnt.

Antwerp is top of their league. Winning a group stage game is NOT incredible for them
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

IAG:

Where are you to run your mouth. You were talking nonsense to me last week abi? I warned you not to try me. You will see pepper.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: IAG:

Where are you to run your mouth. You were talking nonsense to me last week abi? I warned you not to try me. You will see pepper.
This was all on Jose. He messed up right from the start by taking his opponent for granted. 9 changes!!! Come on. Playing nervous Sanchez together with non-natural CB in Davies is only asking for disaster and I pretty much said so before the match started. Further 2 not in-form players in Dele and Bale together was only going to lead to a big struggle.

He should have played one of Rodon, Dier or Toby together with Sanchez and start with Lo Celso ahead of either Dele or Bale. The good thing is Jose knew this and accepted he was at fault for today's result rather than blame any of the players. It is the first loss in 11 matches so it is not as bad as looks. Weekend will be a good opportunity to put right what went wrong today and then go on to the next EL match and win it.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

To be honest, I didn't watch this match. I looked at the starting lineup - saw Dele, Bale and switched to another channel. Looked at the results and yup.

Without watching - let me guess one primary thing that happened. Dele stunk up the joint and Bale was match rusty.

Good thing is the first team (Toby and Hojberg especially) had a break.

Onto the next match. Mourinho must be livid with some players.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: IAG:

This was all on Jose. He messed up right from the start by taking his opponent for granted. 9 changes!!! Come on. Playing nervous Sanchez together with non-natural CB in Davies is only asking for disaster and I pretty much said so before the match started. Further 2 not in-form players in Dele and Bale together was only going to lead to a big struggle.

He should have played one of Rodon, Dier or Toby together with Sanchez and start with Lo Celso ahead of either Dele or Bale. The good thing is Jose knew this and accepted he was at fault for today's result rather than blame any of the players. It is the first loss in 11 matches so it is not as bad as looks. Weekend will be a good opportunity to put right what went wrong today and then go on to the next EL match and win it.
Before the match Jose said this was some players (Dele and Bergwijn) chance to prove themselves. The problem now is we will suffer a comparable loss if we sell Alli now. Dude doesn't realise it yet. He still thinks he is young.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8