Nigerian Professional Football League 2021

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian Professional Football League 2021

Post by Purity »

List of stadium approved by lmc for NPFL season.

Finally, LMC axe Umuahia Township stadium until they upgrade.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzYpQr4gEA&t=19s
Last edited by Purity on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: List of stadium approved by lmc for NPFL season.

Post by ukwala »

Approved stadia are:

Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos;
Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo;
Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin;
Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba;
Okigwe Township Stadium;
Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt;
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium, Bauchi;
Pantami Stadium, Gombe,
Aper Aku Stadium, Makurdi;
Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna;
Enyimba Stadium, Aba;
Muhammadu Dikko Stadium, Katsina;
Ilorin Township Stadium.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Listed for upgrade/repair are:

Umuahia Township Stadium;
Dutse Township Stadium;
Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano;
Agege Stadium;
Akure Stadium;
Warri City Stadium;
New Jos Stadium;
Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu;
Lafia Township Stadium;
Ifeanyi Ubah Stadium, Nnewi;
Fufure Stadium, Yola
Last edited by ukwala on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

The stadia listed for upgrade/repair require relaying of new playing surfaces (pitches), provision of floodlights, TV camera platforms, upgrade of changing rooms, additional exit & entry gates among others

Umuahia Township Stadium & Dutse Township Stadium are however recommended for complete remodelling & reconstruction.

Clubs whose preferred grounds have been recommended for upgrade would have to choose from any of the approved stadia should they be unable to complete the upgrade before the start of #NPFL21
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ukwala wrote:Approved stadia are:

Okigwe Township Stadium;
Pantami Stadium, Gombe,
Enyimba Stadium, Aba;
Ilorin Township Stadium.
I like the fact that most of these stadiums have natural grass playing surfaces.
I am happy
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Dammy wrote:

Okigwe Township Stadium;
Pantami Stadium, Gombe,
Enyimba Stadium, Aba;
Ilorin Township Stadium.
I like the fact that most of these stadiums have natural grass playing surfaces.
Yes but how many of them have the facilities to maintain the grass? Don’t be surprised to see bald patches and puddles soon after the start of the league.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Purity wrote:Finally, LMC axe Umuahia Township stadium until they upgrade.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzYpQr4gEA&t=19s
I am amused by your use of "finally" in reference to the Umuahia Stadium .... and to be honest, it is a rather unusual-looking venue. What is the purpose of that long building beside the playing field, the one that looks like a dormitory?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Okigwe Township Stadium;
Pantami Stadium, Gombe,
Enyimba Stadium, Aba;
Ilorin Township Stadium.
I take it this means Nationale (a.k.a. Heartland to younger folks) will be playing their home matches in Okigwe?

I was wondering why the Dan Anyiam Stadium (Owerri) didn't show up on the list of stadia to be renovated (frankly, it needs to be rebuilt entirely) ... but I guess renovations are happening, hence the temporary move to Okigwe.

PS: El Kanemi's home stadium was another that needed to be rebuilt .... last time I saw it.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

The Eagle wrote:

Okigwe Township Stadium;
Pantami Stadium, Gombe,
Enyimba Stadium, Aba;
Ilorin Township Stadium.
I take it this means Nationale (a.k.a. Heartland to younger folks) will be playing their home matches in Okigwe?

I was wondering why the Dan Anyiam Stadium (Owerri) didn't show up on the list of stadia to be renovated (frankly, it needs to be rebuilt entirely) ... but I guess renovations are happening, hence the temporary move to Okigwe.

PS: El Kanemi's home stadium was another that needed to be rebuilt .... last time I saw it.
They've been playing there for a while, at least since last season and perhaps earlier.

Dan Anyiam stadium has been out of service for quite some time. The stadia listed for renovation were in contention for use this season and hence of interest to the LMC.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian Professional Football League 2021 Season

Post by Purity »

Nigeria football league may not start until Jan in 2021.
No football fans in this years Gov Wike Pre season due to covid.
LMC yet t resume fixtures and rule of engagement ahead of kick off.
NPFL will likely play without fans.
Very good for our security in the NFPL, No more hooligans in the stadia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkJPtT0TKsc
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Governor parks!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

The Eagle wrote:
Spartans to those more than slightly older .
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No Football fans in this years years Gov Wike Pre season

Post by Purity »

Our Show today after Rivers United loss at home in opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6YhBUy2Nyk
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No Football fans in this years years Gov Wike Pre season

Post by Purity »

Our show today. Pre Season in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UhIUC1uQDk
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Professional Football League 2021 Season

Post by Purity »

Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season RESUMES dec 6th, 2020.

Rivers United to host Rangers Int'l

The NPFL season will end on July 4, 2021.

More:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkMLu6xIeR8&t=20s
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian Professional Football League 2021 Season

Post by ukwala »

Purity wrote:Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season RESUMES dec 6th, 2020.

Rivers United to host Rangers Int'l

The NPFL season will end on July 4, 2021.

More:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkMLu6xIeR8&t=20s
Good news. I take it the original decision to bar fans from the stadia will still apply, in which case the commercial agreement with Redstrike had better still be in place. That is the only way fans will get to watch their teams. I look forward to the details of the agreement, i.e. which matches will be shown live and on which media/channels.

I wonder how much each time will make from the Redstrike deal. I pity the privately owned teams as they will find it difficult to cope with no fans.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL resumes in Dec 6th, 2020. to end July 4th, 2021

Post by Purity »

Rivers United and Kano Pillars will face easy teams in the CAF Confed cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4xrRuiK7TQ
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Rangers back in training for the new season...

>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Gotti wrote:Rangers back in training for the new season...

>
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Purity wrote:Rivers United and Kano Pillars will face easy teams in the CAF Confed cup.

From your optimism, I thought they were drawn against teams from Djibouti, Niger, Somalia, Mauritania, Swaziland or Seychelles. The Senegalese team (vs Kano Pillars), and the newly formed team from Equatorial Guinea (vs Rivers Utd) may turn out not to be the push overs you assume they are. Senegal continues to produce great players, and for the EG team to reach the continent within 3 years of existence likely means they are backed by serious cash and you may have a Leventis United there.
I would be more cautious in my expectations.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

ukwala wrote:
Purity wrote:Rivers United and Kano Pillars will face easy teams in the CAF Confed cup.

From your optimism, I thought they were drawn against teams from Djibouti, Niger, Somalia, Mauritania, Swaziland or Seychelles. The Senegalese team (vs Kano Pillars), and the newly formed team from Equatorial Guinea (vs Rivers Utd) may turn out not to be the push overs you assume they are. Senegal continues to produce great players, and for the EG team to reach the continent within 3 years of existence likely means they are backed by serious cash and you may have a Leventis United there.
ukwala, I agree on the Equaitorial Guinea team, not so much on the Senegalese team. The only decent team they have in Senegal is AS Police plus most of their better players take flight and head off to lower reaches of the French League soonest to progress their careers or are born in France and never played locally. So I am not sure their league is that strong.

I wouldn't use the word "easy" like Purity did though, it's not like our teams are continental juggernauts.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Aswani wrote:
ukwala wrote:

ukwala, I agree on the Equaitorial Guinea team, not so much on the Senegalese team. The only decent team they have in Senegal is AS Police plus most of their better players take flight and head off to lower reaches of the French League soonest to progress their careers or are born in France and never played locally. So I am not sure their league is that strong.

I wouldn't use the word "easy" like Purity did though, it's not like our teams are continental juggernauts.
Precisely Aswani. As you rightly noted, our teams are not great and also considering the fact that they will be playing these continental games without having played competitive football for upwards of 8 months, I definitely would not say the matches will be easy.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Aswani wrote:
ukwala wrote:

Aswani

AS Police? Bros, there are at least three other teams doing better in Senegal in the last few years. This isn't a decade or more ago. The arrival of strong academies in Senegal has not only bolstered local the Senegalese national team but has improved local football especially with two local clubs that are linked directly to strong academies.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics