The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Siddonlook11 »

[quote="oloye"]I don't think I set out to scapegoat Lacazete in what was a total team failure. I asked a question that has been burning in my mind long before Aston Villa set the Emirates on fire. :lol:

Kpom. !! It was a total team failure even plus coaching and and management this loss... dem be all olodos..

But that Grealish boy Sabi play o chai drool drool drool
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Need the five sub rule to be reinstated. Arsenal looked clay footed all day...
oh really? How about Arteta getting out coached & schooled by the British block head named Dean Smith ... oh wait :rotf:
To the victor the spoils of war...
But doesn't change my opinion of Dean Smith...
There's a reason he's at Villa...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Need the five sub rule to be reinstated. Arsenal looked clay footed all day...
oh really? How about Arteta getting out coached & schooled by the British block head named Dean Smith ... oh wait :rotf:
and there is a reason Benitez is in China :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Danfo ...Can we dash Villa Pepe and Willian and Willock and ..... Get Grealish from them :( and add 80 Million on top ?

My fear is Arteta will coach the lion out of him and turn him to a kitty cat cat sha
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

3 kondo to a crappy team. yeleberetoooo my ribs. We don turn to sooting blank starts of the EPL sha. :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Danfo ...Can we dash Villa Pepe and Willian and Willock and ..... Get Grealish from them :( and add 80 Million on top ?

My fear is Arteta will coach the lion out of him and turn him to a kitty cat cat sha
The time to get Grealish was 2 years ago when EPL clubs (like Tottenham) were dithering. He is a fantastic player. My concern is that any club that wants him now will be forced to pay something that is outrageously above what is appropriate for him. VIlla will be asking for 100 million. :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:...the moment I knew that Arteta is out of his depth......when he subbed Partey...
Even with Partey, Aston Villa MIdfielders (McGinn, Luiz & Barkley) ran riot and controlled the midfield from the opening whistle. Partey was not relevant yesterday.
Partey got a knock earlier on in the game. Arteta completely mismanaged that situation.

But my contention is not about one game. It is about a collection of games and I have documented our creative issues in central midfield as well as our defensive issues centrally since he resumed from the lockdown without Ozil.

We have at least tried to address the defensive part of central midfield with Partey but this is not enough, just one injury to Partey, and we are derailed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup
Is this another fantasy tale or did I watch a diff
cup run?
Do you watch football or you just set out to reinforce your prejudices? Go have a look at the key role Laca played in a team effort in our cup run. I know you often use bad moments in games to reinforce your prejudices about a player you do not like. To you, these players must not make any mistakes and any good they do is often ignored. Fair enough, that's your your modus operandi.

Here is the opposite. Remember Auba's goal that came off the post against City. Do you remember the key role Laca played in controlling a difficult pass from Tierney on the half turn before the pass wide to Pepe. That was a key moment because that play got us out of the press into space, giving us time to dictate the next phase of play leading to the goal. I can go on and highlight many other key contributions from the player in that game but it is pointless.

On the day Laca's contribution in the role he played for the team was key to us winning that game on the way to the FA cup. Prejudice should not be used for reason, it makes us look like f00ls.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The Leicester game did too. It is not just one game my bro.

If Laca looks ridiculous right now, how does Auba look?

This is the problem, Auba not scoring. Arsenal fans say, we need more creative players. Sleaky blames Arteta

Laca not scoring. Sleaky leads Arsenal fans in raining abuse; he is sh*te, finished, the French Troy Deeney, get out of my club etc.

Even you has joined the Laca bashing. What about Auba? How many goals has he scored this season from open play in the league. Hint. Laca has scored more. :lol:

Also, Arteta is thinking this game too much at present.
oloye wrote:I don't think I set out to scapegoat Lacazete in what was a total team failure. I asked a question that has been burning in my mind long before Aston Villa set the Emirates on fire. :lol:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:Guys I have one question about Lacazete, can he run with the ball. I mean can he run 10 - 20 metres with the ball? Everytime I see him with the ball he is either turning and blocking or the ball is always dancing palongo in between his legs while he struggles to keep his balance. These were masked by his goal scoring ability, but with the goals dried up, he looks pathetic.
This is not about any individual player. This is about the system that failed to produce on the day. It is about our approach to these games. It something I have touched on here many a time.

Only a few weeks ago, our goals to chances or strike rate was was above the norm. This is a trend that continued from last season. It was always obvious we will hit a bad patch and goal scoring will become an even bigger problem with the number of shots at goal and chance we are creating.

Arteta is a coach who loves his data, so he would have been aware of the need for creativity. To be fair, he tried to address this in the summer but when you chose to sideline your most creative player you leave a big void no matter what system you play. The game is about players.

Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup. He is also a striker who depends on service. Auba is not scoring, hardly anyone is scoring, why pick on Lacazette? There is a reason why, it is not about any individual player.

Our problems are clear at present, we lack creativity and when we create the little we create we do not take them. Also teams have sussed out Arteta's system, it is easy to defend against and they are doing it. Arteta must find the answer to teams that play to hit us from their defensive blocks of 3.

Another problem is he has not stuck with the players who won silverware. Why not play Niles and Tierney on that left side. Start with Pepe, Willian is struggling to fit into Arteta's system and will take time. Stick with one creative outlet you had last season. Why change it so soon?

Arteta needs to find solutions, the hoid thing is, there is plenty time. But he must act sooner rather than later.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup
cup run?
Do you watch football or you just set out to reinforce your prejudices? Go have a look at the key role Laca played in a team effort in our cup run. I know you often use bad moments in games to reinforce your prejudices about a player you do not like. To you, these players must not make any mistakes and any good they do is often ignored. Fair enough, that's your your modus operandi.

Here is the opposite. Remember Auba's goal that came off the post against City. Do you remember the key role Laca played in controlling a difficult pass from Tierney on the half turn before the pass wide to Pepe. That was a key moment because that play got us out of the press into space, giving us time to dictate the next phase of play leading to the goal. I can go on and highlight many other key contributions from the player in that game but it is pointless.

On the day Laca's contribution in the role he played for the team was key to us winning that game on the way to the FA cup. Prejudice should not be used for reason, it makes us look like f00ls.
Don’t wanna 2 be rude, but there is a chasm in yer understanding of this game.
Don’t even need 2 bring up the litany of yer stories that R so wrong they make
a fiction writer blush or claims and assertions that would make Trump blush.
But now you’re trying to bamboozle us in broad daylight.

Here I’ll make it clear for ya: Laca is shiet!
Poor to average in dribbling, heading, striking, and in every attribute or index
used in rating strikers ... and that’s a bloody fact!

Ye keep talking about instances, where Auba used his unmatched predatory instincts
2 credit Lacazette? This is mental and instance and I ask you what yer watching?
Clearly we are watching diff games. Yer example is also laughable but have it to
your taste ... it’s yer opinion and you’re entitled to it. I’ll just stick to mine.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oloye wrote:I don't think I set out to scapegoat Lacazete in what was a total team failure. I asked a question that has been burning in my mind long before Aston Villa set the Emirates on fire. :lol:

Kpom. !! It was a total team failure even plus coaching and and management this loss... dem be all olodos..

We are still in mourning in Ireland because he turned us down for England, having played for the Irish junior teams. I have been angry with him for about 4 years or so now. For about 2 seasons it appeared he had missed his way, drinking, indiscipline, Villa almost sent him away, it was when Terry went there to play that he took him under his wings and helped him to sort himself out.
Now the boy is balling again, even better than when I first saw him 5 seasons ago. The guy is a legit midfielder, the way he glides with the ball and he goes by players makes it look like he is skating.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Since when did asking as question turned to bashing? Even when I stated in my response that there was a general systemic failure, you are still going on that I am bashing Lacazete, na wai. Looks like you are looking for an arguement. Read the simple question I asked again, if you can answer please do, if you can't,, please don't change my narrative... All I ask is a simple question that has nothing to do with one game but over several games..... Does Lacazete have the ability to run with the ball, can he do something else other than score?

When Pep came to City he dropped Kele because of this and told Aguero, yes you can score, but I want you to be able to do more other than score.

Auba is being sacrificed on the wings to accommodate Lacaq, in an ideal situation Auba and Láca should be able to switch regularly, but becauseof what I suspect about Láca which prompted my question, it is not happening, so Auba is forced to remain on the wings, a scorer in himself is now forced to be a provider.
Waffiman wrote:The Leicester game did too. It is not just one game my bro.

This is the problem, Auba not scoring. Arsenal fans say, we need more creative players. Sleaky blames Arteta

Laca not scoring. Sleaky leads Arsenal fans in raining abuse; he is sh*te, finished, the French Troy Deeney, get out of my club etc.

Even you has joined the Laca bashing. What about Auba? How many goals has he scored this season from open play in the league. Hint. Laca has scored more. :lol:

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:Guys I have one question about Lacazete, can he run with the ball. I mean can he run 10 - 20 metres with the ball? Everytime I see him with the ball he is either turning and blocking or the ball is always dancing palongo in between his legs while he struggles to keep his balance. These were masked by his goal scoring ability, but with the goals dried up, he looks pathetic.
This is not about any individual player. This is about the system that failed to produce on the day. It is about our approach to these games. It something I have touched on here many a time.

Only a few weeks ago, our goals to chances or strike rate was was above the norm. This is a trend that continued from last season. It was always obvious we will hit a bad patch and goal scoring will become an even bigger problem with the number of shots at goal and chance we are creating.

Arteta is a coach who loves his data, so he would have been aware of the need for creativity. To be fair, he tried to address this in the summer but when you chose to sideline your most creative player you leave a big void no matter what system you play. The game is about players.

Lacazette's quality is not in question. He delivered for is on our way to winning the FA cup. He is also a striker who depends on service. Auba is not scoring, hardly anyone is scoring, why pick on Lacazette? There is a reason why, it is not about any individual player.

Our problems are clear at present, we lack creativity and when we create the little we create we do not take them. Also teams have sussed out Arteta's system, it is easy to defend against and they are doing it. Arteta must find the answer to teams that play to hit us from their defensive blocks of 3.

Another problem is he has not stuck with the players who won silverware. Why not play Niles and Tierney on that left side. Start with Pepe, Willian is struggling to fit into Arteta's system and will take time. Stick with one creative outlet you had last season. Why change it so soon?

Arteta needs to find solutions, the hoid thing is, there is plenty time. But he must act sooner rather than later.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:Since when did asking as question turned to bashing? Even when I stated in my response that there was a general systemic failure, you are still going on that I am bashing Lacazete, na wai. Looks like you are looking for an arguement. Read the simple question I asked again, if you can answer please do, if you can't,, please don't change my narrative... All I ask is a simple question that has nothing to do with one game but over several games..... Does Lacazete have the ability to run with the ball, can he do something else other than score?

When Pep came to City he dropped Kele because of this and told Aguero, yes you can score, but I want you to be able to do more other than score.

Auba is being sacrificed on the wings to accommodate Lacaq, in an ideal situation Auba and Láca should be able to switch regularly, but becauseof what I suspect about Láca which prompted my question, it is not happening, so Auba is forced to remain on the wings, a scorer in himself is now forced to be a provider.

Waffiman wrote:

Thanks Chief :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Danfo ...Can we dash Villa Pepe and Willian and Willock and ..... Get Grealish from them :( and add 80 Million on top ?

The time to get Grealish was 2 years ago when EPL clubs (like Tottenham) were dithering. He is a fantastic player. My concern is that any club that wants him now will be forced to pay something that is outrageously above what is appropriate for him. VIlla will be asking for 100 million. :lol:

correct. Even when we blanked them 4-0 at the FA Cup finals, he was using Bellerin to drink garri. There was even a PK that wasnt called after he abused Bellerin who dragged him down.

100 million for him is not bad if we paid 70 million for the Ivorian set player
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

We are still in mourning in Ireland because he turned us down for England, having played for the Irish junior teams. I have been angry with him for about 4 years or so now. For about 2 seasons it appeared he had missed his way, drinking, indiscipline, Villa almost sent him away, it was when Terry went there to play that he took him under his wings and helped him to sort himself out.
Now the boy is balling again, even better than when I first saw him 5 seasons ago. The guy is a legit midfielder, the way he glides with the ball and he goes by players makes it look like he is skating.
No wonder! because when I saw him @ the FA cup finals, I thought he was a solid player that a big team would snap up.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Defensively aloof Jack of the beanstalk toast of the very same town where defensively aloof Alhamdilozil was jettisoned for defensive aloofness.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Guys, forget the Özil, Saliba, Guendouzi decisions. Willian could well be the sword with which Arteta will stab himself!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

correct. Even when we blanked them 4-0 at the FA Cup finals, he was using Bellerin to drink garri. There was even a PK that wasnt called after he abused Bellerin who dragged him down.

The boy will use anyone to drink garri, he has this Irish swag around him. Kai imagine if we had the this boy and Declan Rice?

shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The boy will use anyone to drink garri, he has this Irish swag around him. Kai imagine if we had the this boy and Declan Rice?
Who are WE ? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Your reference to;

"Everytime I see him with the ball he is either turning and blocking or the ball is always dancing palongo in between his legs while he struggles to keep his balance"

is not a nice observation. But that's besides the point.

Can Laca run, hold up the ball etc., apart from scoring. Here is the evidence.

https://youtu.be/jeLCUT61fgY

https://youtu.be/ID7Ae-txnlA

We all want to see Auba play in the central striking role. However, this was never a problem when he was banging in goals. Now Auba is not scoring, Arsenal not winning, it is now a case of, Auba is being sacrificed for Laca. It is your opinion, which is fair enough. Have a look at Auba's Arsenal career, he has played the wide left attacking role more that the central attacking role, it had not stopped him winning the golden boot or always being in the top 3 top scorers.

I see Auba playing his role, as part of a set up of the attacking trio to get the best out of the system. I take the view that teams have sussed out our system and it needs a major or more that a minor rethink. Of course, there are other issues but Laca is not the reason why we are struggling. Not saying you are saying it is.

If you follow Arsenal, when he joined the club, the team played to Laca, the system was set up to take maximum advantage of his talent and he delivered.

The team is now set up differently, and he has suffered as a result. I really cannot blame a quality player who has tried to adapt his game to a system not suited to him.

oloye wrote:Since when did asking as question turned to bashing? Even when I stated in my response that there was a general systemic failure, you are still going on that I am bashing Lacazete, na wai. Looks like you are looking for an arguement. Read the simple question I asked again, if you can answer please do, if you can't,, please don't change my narrative... All I ask is a simple question that has nothing to do with one game but over several games..... Does Lacazete have the ability to run with the ball, can he do something else other than score?

Waffiman wrote:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
cup run?

Poor to average in dribbling, heading, striking, and in every attribute or index

Ye keep talking about instances, where Auba used his unmatched predatory instincts
2 credit Lacazette? This is mental and instance and I ask you what yer watching?
Clearly we are watching diff games. Yer example is also laughable but have it to
your taste ... it’s yer opinion and you’re entitled to it. I’ll just stick to mine.
Your opinion of Laca being whatever is just that, an opinion. We all know that a player with the career he has enjoyed is nothing like your opinion. You don't get to play for France if you are what you claim he is. You don't get yo score and create all the chances he has done if he is what you claim he is.

I leave you with these videos. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

This is not opinion, it is called evidence and there is a ton of them where they came from.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

shaq wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Who are WE ? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
If you don't know who we are then I won't tell you who are we :lol:

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
cup run?

Your opinion of Laca being whatever is just that, an opinion. We all know that a player with the career he has enjoyed is nothing like your opinion. You don't get to play for France if you are what you claim he is. You don't get yo score and create all the chances he has done if he is what you claim he is.

I leave you with these videos. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

This is not opinion, it is called evidence and there is a ton of them where they came from.
Chief we will not see eye to eye on this and let’s just agree on that.
You’re a top man but I hate to break it 2 ya but Guenduozi has a better
chance uv wearing Les Blues colors in a major tourney than Laca.
uv fact when’s the last time he’s been invited for a major game?
The fact that Giroud is ahead of him says it all but what does a young-in
like me know