Thomas Partey: ‘locked down’ three Man Utd midfielders

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Thomas Partey: The Part(e)y starts now!

Post by Rawlings »

After Partey's debut start for Arsenal
  • Owen Hargreaves: "Thomas Partey had one of the best debuts I've ever seen."
  • Arteta on Partey: "I think he held the midfield by himself in the second-half when we were a little bit more open and started to take more chances attacking certain spaces with some players. But I think he was fantastic tonight and there is much more to come from him obviously.
  • Mikel Arteta on Thomas Partey: "He looked really solid and really comfortable. He held the midfield by himself in the second half when we were leaving it more open to take more chances. There's much more to come."
  • After 15 years, Arsenal have finally found their Patrick Vieira replacement in Thomas Partey
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Thomas Partey: Arsenal Falls in Love

Post by Rawlings »

Thomas Partey high ratings earn him Arsenal MoTM against Rapid Vienna
Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey has been named the best player during Arsenal's 2-1 win against Rapid Vienna in the UEFA Europa League on Tuesday night.
Partey is gradually becoming a cult hero at Arsenal after playing just two games for the side since joining from Atletico Madrid this summer.
https://ghanasoccernet.com/thomas-parte ... pid-vienna
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Partey is making Elneney look like a baller. :shock:

They made ManU's MF look like a bunch of schoolboys. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote:Partey is making Elneney look like a baller. :shock:

Bobo na baller :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

maceo4 wrote:

Thanks to our PE teacher parading as a coach
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Stop blaming your coach its getting old,you blame Jose now its OSG.
What else do you want him to do,this team best like of PSG just a week before expose by Partey and crew.
Your players were poor and you dont have a MF of Partey quality
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG singled out Thomas Partey for praise after he 'locked down' three Manchester United midfielders.

The £45million deadline day signing was the star of the show as Arsenal beat Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side 1-0 at Old Trafford.
Partey was up against Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay in the midfield.

But the 27-year-old earned rave reviews as he managed to keep a lid on the United trio.

Speaking in the club's matchday programme ahead of their win over Molde, Aubameyang said: “It was a great performance from the whole team and it was great to see Thomas Partey play like that even though he’s not been here long.

“Off the pitch, he’s a really humble guy and you can see that on the pitch as well because he really gives everything in the game.

“He is really simple and quiet, so humble, and we all really like him.

“On the pitch, his strengths are his energy and the way he can stop counter-attacks and dangerous situations. That’s really important for us.”

Before he added: “I think he locked down three of Manchester United’s midfielders on Sunday – that’s my point of view anyway – and that’s really important for us.

“Also he can play forward really well when he regains the ball and that’s a good point for us."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ubameyang/
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Thomas Partey: ‘locked down’ three Man Utd midfielders

Post by YemiBrazil »

United needs midfielders from Mali.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I hope you see how he bounce back with a victory away at everton
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This reminds me of the hype when Arsenal bought ... Oh wait it is always the same hype. Aubameyang - hype, Lacazette - hype, Sokratis - hype
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cristao II wrote:This reminds me of the hype when Arsenal bought ... Oh wait it is always the same hype. Aubameyang - hype, Lacazette - hype, Sokratis - hype
Yeah and they all have something Kane, Dier, Alliyah and Lamela will never have:
A title celebration @ Wembley.
You Totts fans are the last 2 talk, please focus on yer club!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:This reminds me of the hype when Arsenal bought ... Oh wait it is always the same hype. Aubameyang - hype, Lacazette - hype, Sokratis - hype
Yeah and they all have something Kane, Dier, Alliyah and Lamela will never have:

Eh yah all that spend and your club has spent that time looking at our behinds. Congratulations on your winning the cups.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cristao II wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Eh yah all that spend and your club has spent that time looking at our behinds. Congratulations on your winning the cups.
Bruv so football is no longer ‘bout winning
but now about book keeping?
Yeah only losers talk like dat son.
Not calling ya one but winners don’t reason like that :sneaky: :sneaky:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Bruv so football is no longer ‘bout winning
but now about book keeping?
Yeah only losers talk like dat son.
Not calling ya one but winners don’t reason like that :sneaky: :sneaky:
We hear you.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Partey after Party ... Was dominated, bossed and used like a rag to wipe emirates grass yesterday by Luiz (City reject) and some young british lad named Jack Grealish :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Welcome to England my breda. :laugh:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:Partey after Party ... Was dominated, bossed and used like a rag to wipe emirates grass yesterday by Luiz (City reject) and some young british lad named Jack Grealish :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Welcome to England my breda. :laugh:
Kai from hero to zero just like that week to week in EPL no easy o!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Partey is a good player and I am sure we all wish him the best, despite Rawlings attempting to troll using him.

I for one hope he does well at Arsenal.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Aswani wrote:Partey is a good player and I am sure we all wish him the best, despite Rawlings attempting to troll using him.

I for one hope he does well at Arsenal.
He will do well of course, but the way he was being hyped by Arsenal fans made me to be afraid for him. The intensity with which fans hype is you is the same with which they cast you down. Good thing that the Villa game hurriedly cut him down to size, now he knows what to expect from the EPL.

I have no doubt about his quality, what I have problem with is the absurdity of the hype that surrounded his coming....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho