Nigeria 4 - 4 S\Leone (Iwobi (2), Osimhen, Chukwueze)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 4 - 4 S\Leone (Iwobi (2), Osimhen, Chukwueze)

Post by DIMKA76 »

Choi!!
Excuses you can't use
1. The pitch was poor
2. They took the game to Kano, too hot.
3. The ref gave us a funny look
4. The deputy governor's fault
5. Bigpokey24 and 1Naija are spies

It was a straightforward out-of-gas situation. Rohr should have managed the situation proactively. There was no strategy or tactic. I've been saying it for a long time. Rohr has taken Naija as far as he can. Next coach please......
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria can't win anything with Rohr as coach. At best first round exit at the World cup or Golden Bronze at the Afcon. We need a change.
They will learn the hard way. We will waste our talented generation like Belgium
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

If we don't beat them in the away leg, then it's time to let Rohr go.

He has become to comfortable and his player selection is now looking very suspect. Akpoguma had not business being on the pitch. What did he promise the boys? And he should have replaced one of Iwobi or Aribo at 4-2.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
surakat
Egg
Egg

Post by surakat »

Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:Team totally ran out of gas. Esp in MF...

Under that intense humidity, Rohr should've seen this and subbed earlier and better...

A combination of taking their eye off the game and tiredness...

Either way, its a bad, bad look for everybody involved in this clusterfuck of a game...
This right here is why i now join the Rohr must go chorus. This was A TERRIBLE example of game management. And it started with who was invited for the game.

Aribo and Iwobi could not be subbed because he did not invite anyone capable of replacing them. The tiredness directly contributed to our conceding stupid goals.

Then Akpoguma at RB for 90 mins! My goodness.

Ihenacho for Musa for a game requiring control. Assinine. Onuachu for Osimhen with Kele still on the field and 3 tired ppl in idfield and an out of position player in defense!!!!

Rohr's cup is full. He has to go now. He can't manage this group.

This is somebody that understands the game :clap: :clap: :clap:
oju lo pe si!

Uche Shriners Club...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0D82yjA2o
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I am sad today, not because we didn't win. But because of Osimhen's injury. Poor chap. Thank God its a hand/wrist injury and not his shoulder, knee, ankle or foot.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

@Damunk and etc
Like I said, as long as Rohr is the coach. I have written the team off. I need to find another team to support at Afcon and the World cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Under that intense humidity, Rohr should've seen this and subbed earlier and better...

Either way, its a bad, bad look for everybody involved in this clusterfuck of a game...
:agree: :agree: :agree:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:

This right here is why i now join the Rohr must go chorus. This was A TERRIBLE example of game management. And it started with who was invited for the game.

Aribo and Iwobi could not be subbed because he did not invite anyone capable of replacing them. The tiredness directly contributed to our conceding stupid goals.

Ihenacho for Musa for a game requiring control. Assinine. Onuachu for Osimhen with Kele still on the field and 3 tired ppl in idfield and an out of position player in defense!!!!

Akpoguma is a RB who transitioned to a CD.

He had played well until the 2hf and was clearly struggling and should've been subbed.

The game mgt is worse than it has usually been since Rohr started.

But it would be crazy to fire the coach for this.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

Ugbowo wrote:

I actually saw Aribo gassing out, limping, and bending with hands on the knees in the second half when we were still up. I was hoping the coaching crew will catch it and do something.
Very sad display all around.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Conceded 4 goals in 29 minutes. Rohr is building a defensive team!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The way I see it is that the game should have been 0-0 to begin with and so in the end it shuffled itself
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

He had played well until the 2hf and was clearly struggling and should've been subbed.

He's clearly too comfortable in his position to think he can get away with inviting 2 true CMs for 2 games and get away with it.

We paid d price after 60 mins. He needs to go.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I didn't see the game, but I can tell that team discipline was lacking when a team
gives up four straight goals after being up 4-0 at home. Definitely the team lacks cohesiveness.
This surely speaks of the coach losing grip of his players.
Last edited by joao on Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

surakat wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Nothing wrong with Akpoguma! He defended well.
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

Goldleaf wrote:Gernot Rohr has managed to kill the love any fan can have for the Super Eagles. This guy has not moved this team forward one bit. At 4-1 up, the game was being controlled by a hungrier SL and as they were given space to roam and cross, the result was inevitable. Upfront for us, nobody could bring the ball down and just control and dominate it. Another 5mins and another cross, SL would have won 5-4. We dont have a coach that can motivate these players. Iwobi dribbling at the edge of the box at 4-3? Can he do that for Ancellotti at Goodison Park? As for Paul Onuachu, I am sure there are players better than him on CE.

Mscheeeew!!
Haba, fear God now :shock: :shock: :shock: . Name one.

This comment actually made me laugh. Needed the humor for this shocker. Thanks. :D
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

fabio wrote:Conceded 3 goals in 14 minutes. Rohr is building a defensive team!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

BabaNaija wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Gernot Rohr has managed to kill the love any fan can have for the Super Eagles. This guy has not moved this team forward one bit. At 4-1 up, the game was being controlled by a hungrier SL and as they were given space to roam and cross, the result was inevitable. Upfront for us, nobody could bring the ball down and just control and dominate it. Another 5mins and another cross, SL would have won 5-4. We dont have a coach that can motivate these players. Iwobi dribbling at the edge of the box at 4-3? Can he do that for Ancellotti at Goodison Park? As for Paul Onuachu, I am sure there are players better than him on CE.

Mscheeeew!!

This comment actually made me laugh. Needed the humor for this shocker. Thanks. :D
I am better than Onuachu :| :|
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

highbury wrote:
BabaNaija wrote:

Mscheeeew!!

In talking?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:

Coachito, abeg tell dem. They think na today we begin play/watch this game?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

highbury wrote:
surakat wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Nothing wrong with Akpoguma! He defended well.

Agreed Akpogume did well
He had no cover in the 2nd Half he was practically all by him self.
Now we see the value of Leon Balogun
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

DIMKA76 wrote:
highbury wrote:
BabaNaija wrote:

Mscheeeew!!

In talking?
Both :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote:

KPOM

this all started with calling up 3 fricking midfielders.

Me and others said it, and we were told, don't worry Ajayi na midfielder.

Rohr is just horrific at game management.

With a tired midfield, why would he bring on his only remaining midfielder (AJayi) and put him at CB ?

He could have replaced Balogun with Aina and shifted Akpobuma to his natural position, and then used Ajayi as a DM to replace a tired Aribo.

But no, Rohr has some sick fascination with playing out of position players at RB (Shehu, Akpobuma, Awaziem)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

I would have fired him after the game against South Africa in Uyo!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!