Nigeria 4 - 4 S\Leone (Iwobi (2), Osimhen, Chukwueze)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 4 - 4 S\Leone (Iwobi (2), Osimhen, Chukwueze)

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Team totally ran out of gas. Esp in MF...

Under that intense humidity, Rohr should've seen this and subbed earlier and better...

A combination of taking their eye off the game and tiredness...

Either way, its a bad, bad look for everybody involved in this clusterfuck of a game...
Lol. Zero direction and leadership from the bench. Clearly the team had lost its shape long before the goals started pouring in yet Rohr refused to make the adjustments to make the team more compact. This guy is finished. Done. As in he has nothing more to add. Time to move on.

You want to fire a coach for this? And in the middle of a pandemic?

Seriously?

We chuck down this as a one off and move on...

We have an average coach; we always knew this. We move on...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:
txj wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Under that intense humidity, Rohr should've seen this and subbed earlier and better...

Either way, its a bad, bad look for everybody involved in this clusterfuck of a game...
Bottom line is POOR coaching...
Was it also poor coaching when they were 4-0 up and apparently smoking a cigar :oops:

Of course the coach takes the blame, don't get me wrong.

But its more than just that.

I saw my Liverpool lose 8-2 to Aston Villa; I saw shades of that game in 2HF
Dude, if you do not even realize that a football game lasts 90+ minutes...
Then obviously it would be too much to expect you to recognize POOR coaching!

My point appears lost on you.

Yes it is poor coaching- as in mgt of the game esp in 2hf.

But it is more than just that...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rohr is a disgrace as well as his employers who don’t even conduct pitch inspections before taking cash in hand from governors and the inclusion of Musa and that Giraffe is baffling!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Rohr is a disgrace as well as his employers who don’t even conduct pitch inspections before taking cash in hand from governors and the inclusion of Musa and that Giraffe is baffling!
Pardon my ignorance of the inner workings
of the Super Eagles but is dis 4 real?
:scared: :scared:
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

So many folk overreacting, do periods synchronise when you register on CE?

Nothing to do with the coach, this is all about professional footballers unable to take responsibility and stand up to be counted.

Watch what happened just before Saro's equaliser. Two Super Eagle's players showing the little heart and pride they have for the team.

I am glad we didn't sneak a win in at the end.

We will be ok though, freak results like this happen every so often.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote:Sierra Leone will beat Nigeria 3-0 in the next leg and then Rohr will be fired after that.

Mark it here!
I don't doubt it at all. With this result, Sierra Leone has been EMBOLDENED to do wonders against us in the home. Wow, whatca shocking result.

Well, let's wait and see what the Super-eagles can do in four days time
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

fabio wrote:Conceded 4 goals in 29 minutes. Rohr is building a defensive team!
Defending starts from the forwards to the midfield, a squad of 10 defenders will do nada.

Get players who are comfortable with the ball and KEEP the freaking ball..
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

This right here is why i now join the Rohr must go chorus. This was A TERRIBLE example of game management. And it started with who was invited for the game.

Aribo and Iwobi could not be subbed because he did not invite anyone capable of replacing them. The tiredness directly contributed to our conceding stupid goals.

Then Akpoguma at RB for 90 mins! My goodness.

Ihenacho for Musa for a game requiring control. Assinine. Onuachu for Osimhen with Kele still on the field and 3 tired ppl in idfield and an out of position player in defense!!!!

Rohr's cup is full. He has to go now. He can't manage this group.

Akpoguma is a RB who transitioned to a CD.

He had played well until the 2hf and was clearly struggling and should've been subbed.

The game mgt is worse than it has usually been since Rohr started.

But it would be crazy to fire the coach for this.
I would have fired him after the game against South Africa in Uyo!
the man has been a fake coach since day 1
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Aswani wrote:So many folk overreacting, do periods synchronise when you register on CE?

Nothing to do with the coach, this is all about professional footballers unable to take responsibility and stand up to be counted.

Watch what happened just before Saro's equaliser. Two Super Eagle's players showing the little heart and pride they have for the team.

I am glad we didn't sneak a win in at the end.

We will be ok though, freak results like this happen every so often.
Exactly! It's the supposedly PMS-ing CEs who picked the players for the game...
Not sure which is worse: the subjugated ONO mindset or the underlying sexism/misogyny. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

chif456 wrote:Congratulations are due to S/L they recovered superbly. For some reason out team was not at it physically in the second half. Perhaps too many games, fatigue, tactical laziness and mental naivety of being 4-0 up.

Lets call today a bad day at the office. Onwards Eagles.
Thanks for being realistic.
The main problem with the coach is that he is trying new players in key positions instead of
staying with those he knows very well. AS for the players, how much should it take at this level
to be able to hold on to a four goal lead at home.
With my limited coaching knowledge, at the point we were up 4-0 I will employ a counter attacking
strategy with my 'sprinters' getting one-on-one with defenders and the goalie.
Everybody - NFF, coaches, and players need to slurp up the blame and shut down the naysayers
come Tuesday, or they can all take a permanent leave..
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Can we just go back to being the Green Eagles? We are officially the laughing stock of the whole world❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Can we just go back to being the Green Eagles? We are officially the laughing stock of the whole world❗️

Cheers.
What difference would the national team title make when the team and coach are garbage?
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

This game was fixed.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ElHadary wrote:This game was fixed.
It's funny you pointed this out, saw something about a possible match fixing in this game in a post match reddit forum...cause the way those guys just stopped trying completely and literally just strolled around rather than chase down every ball lends credence to some shady deals somewhere.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Tobi17 wrote:
It's funny you pointed this out, saw something about a possible match fixing in this game in a post match reddit forum...cause the way those guys just stopped trying completely and literally just strolled around rather than chase down every ball lends credence to some shady deals somewhere.
It was extremely suspicious and if Rohr was in on this he needs to go now.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ElHadary wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
It was extremely suspicious and if Rohr was in on this he needs to go now.
Why would we fix or should I say sell the game? I mean come on mehn...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

chif456 wrote:Congratulations are due to S/L they recovered superbly. For some reason out team was not at it physically in the second half. Perhaps too many games, fatigue, tactical laziness and mental naivety of being 4-0 up.

Lets call today a bad day at the office. Onwards Eagles.
Thank you my brother. Even defending champions Algeria gave away a two goal lead today as they were held 2-2 by hosts Zimbabwe. Despite the draw the Algerians have confirmed their place at the next Africa Cup of Nations finals in Cameroon.