MY STARTING LINEUP FOR RETURN LEG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MY STARTING LINEUP FOR RETURN LEG

Post by ohenhen1 »

chuks69 wrote:Instead of Maduka in goal, i will play Akpeyi.. Akpeyi makes saves, Maduka doesnt.. The first goal through the torros Maduka conceeded, Akpeyi would have saved that.
Akpeyi is still the best Nigerian goal keeper out there, but just inconsistency in the GWG color.
Uzoho is Nigeria number one. Okoye is currently the 2nd choice.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Okoye

Awaziem. Balogun. Troost. Sanusi

Etebo. Ajayi

Chukwueze. Iwobi. Ejuke

Nacho
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Okoye

Awaziem. Balogun. Troost. Sanusi

Etebo. Ajayi

Chukwueze. Iwobi. Ejuke

Nacho
I actually like this formation, we might need two sitting CDMs in Etebo and Shehu (better in that role than Ajayi), Ebuehi definitely starts over Awaziem
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

vancity eagle wrote:Rohr should do no less than this for the return match.

*************************************OKOYE***************************************

EBUEHI***********************AKPOBUMA**********BALOGUN**********************AINA

******************************ETEBO************ARIBO****************************

**************************************IWOBI**************************************

CHUKWUEZE***********************************************************DENNIS/EJUKE

**************************************IHEANACHO*********************************

Sanusi for all the hype is just OK to me. He's definately better than Collins, but I think Aina is a better LB to be honest, and Sanusi should be benched for his nonsense that cost us with his nonchalant play. Too bad we dont have other options to punish other players like Iwobi.

Ajayi should be brought on at DM once Aribo starts to tire.

Troost should drop to bench for his shameful display at heart of defence, and Akpobuma should play his natural position for effs sake.

I dont want to see the basketball player.

That your backline ehn. Sierra Leone would break all.of them I to 2 before half time. By half time, rorhr would make 4 subs in the defense due to ijury
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

vancity eagle wrote:
mystic wrote:Aribo has yet to play well on African soil.

He played well for much of the first half, then faded out.
Even that first half, he couldn't deal with the physicality. Altho he kept it simple
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

What the first game has revealed is that players born and bred in Europe cannot play 90 mins in the heat and humidity: in the return leg the lineup has to reflect this. If Aribo starts he has be replaced in the second half the same applies to Iwobi,Ebuehi,Aina, Akpouma,Ekong & Balogun.

Therefore my back line would be: RB Awaziem CB Balogun & Omeruo, LB Zaidu
midfield Etebo, Shehu & Aribo,
Attack Ejuke, Nacho, Iwobi.
Ajayi can replace Aribo when he starts to feel the fatigue
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:What the first game has revealed is that players born and bred in Europe cannot play 90 mins in the heat and humidity: in the return leg the lineup has to reflect this. If Aribo starts he has be replaced in the second half the same applies to Iwobi,Ebuehi,Aina, Akpouma,Ekong & Balogun.

Eaglezbeak, its a little embarassing to have to point this out to you, but it is not about where you were "born and bred', but about where you live (reside) and have done for a while.
Human physiology is not exactly rocket science and you should know that your body adapts to the environmental factors it is exposed to on a regular basis.

If you were "born and bred" in the Sahara desert and then go live out in Siberia for a few months or years, your body slowly adapts to the new conditions. But being "born" in the Sahara doesn't necessarily make you more suitable on return to the extreme heat of the desert in the short term than an Eskimo who has never been there before.

'Acclimatisation' isn't only about altitude.
Extreme heat and humidity can affect anybody at any time. It is the sudden contrast in climates that affects the human performance.
The body will adapt to such changes but at different rates.

It is basic physiology at the end of the day.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sorry but to say that players playing in Europe cannot last in Africa is nonsense.

When we easily topped the WCQ group of death for the 2018 world cup, using nothing but European based players, what was going on then ?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:What the first game has revealed is that players born and bred in Europe cannot play 90 mins in the heat and humidity: in the return leg the lineup has to reflect this. If Aribo starts he has be replaced in the second half the same applies to Iwobi,Ebuehi,Aina, Akpouma,Ekong & Balogun.

Eaglezbeak, its a little embarassing to have to point this out to you, but it is not about where you were "born and bred', but about where you live (reside) and have done for a while.
Human physiology is not exactly rocket science and you should know that your body adapts to the environmental factors it is exposed to on a regular basis.

If you were "born and bred" in the Sahara desert and then go live out in Siberia for a few months or years, your body slowly adapts to the new conditions. But being "born" in the Sahara doesn't necessarily make you more suitable on return to the extreme heat of the desert in the short term than an Eskimo who has never been there before.

Extreme heat and humidity can affect anybody at any time. It is the sudden contrast in climates that affects the human performance.

So after providing this scientific responses what are you saying ? Were the players that were born and and live in Europe able to cope with the conditions ? Were the players that live and play in the temperate regions climatized to the heat and humidity ? Are you saying players such as Omeruo, Awaziem, Etebo, & Zaidu Sanusi who play in the Mediterranean are not better equipped to play in the heat? I am trying to make sense of your lecture
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Flex Swift, its a little embarrassing to have to point this out to you, but it is not about where you were "born and bred', but about where you live (reside) and have done for a while.

So after providing this scientific responses what are you saying ? Were the players that were born and and live in Europe able to cope with the conditions ? Were the players that live and play in the temperate regions climatized to the heat and humidity ? Are you saying players such as Omeruo, Awaziem, Etebo, & Zaidu Sanusi who play in the Mediterranean are not better equipped to play in the heat? I am trying to make sense of your lecture
If you think its a lecture, then forget it.
You never see lecture. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

vancity eagle wrote:Sorry but to say that players playing in Europe cannot last in Africa is nonsense.

When we easily topped the WCQ group of death for the 2018 world cup, using nothing but European based players, what was going on then ?
Europe based and Europe born are 2 different things.

When we qualified for WC and anc, the first 11 had 25% Europe born. Today it's 65%.

Europe born would struggle with both weather and physicality in Africa. Only Balogun has that physicality. And when that SL striker jam am, game was over.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

chief nfachairman wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Sorry but to say that players playing in Europe cannot last in Africa is nonsense.

When we qualified for WC and anc, the first 11 had 25% Europe born. Today it's 65%.

Europe born would struggle with both weather and physicality in Africa. Only Balogun has that physicality. And when that SL striker jam am, game was over.
Good point! We even had two players in the team (Okoye and Akpoguma) that had never in their life played on African soil.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Good point! We even had two players in the team (Okoye and Akpoguma) that had never in their life played on African soil.
Na Rohr wey choose them, he had options with way more experience but opted for the ones with little experience, then afterwards proceeded to complain about the lack of experience of his team. Complained about fatigue and tiredness from travel without any mention of worse from the Salone team that arrived the day before, nor any mention of having 5 total subs (along with water breaks) to help mitigate this problem but not using the subs adequately to counter the fatigue and jet lag. This guy is clearly taking us for a ride as he never bares any blame in anything that goes wrong but takes the praise when it goes right. Even in the pre-game interview when he was asked why he invited so few midfielders he said he didn't hear the question and started answering something completely different, the question was repeated after his answer and he went ahead to ignore it for the next question. Just watch after the boys rally to beat Salone at home how Rohr's boys will come out claiming how much of a genius he is, they don't want to say anything right now very quiet waiting for redemption so they gloss over his clear deficiencies that continue to rear their ugly head...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bros nobody has ever claimed Rohr is a genius.

I am not aware of one person claiming such. If you have evidence, please provide it.

What we have said is that he has brought stability (which has been seriously lacking for years) since he took over. We also stated that his callups were mostly based on merrit (another thing seriously lacking over the years)

I have been very vocal with my disagreements with Rohr.

1. Lack of midfielders
2. Obsession with Musa and Shehu and Onuachu
3. Lack of forward thinking at times.
4. Poor usage of subs

Despite all these disagreements I will take Rohr any day over some local coach who will call up wastepipes and ignore far superior players.

Do I miss the days of Gambo Mohammed, Oduamadi, Ejike, ?

Hell no.

Do I miss the days when Oliseh thought he could play "big man" and drop Mikel for some wastepipe based in Finland.

HELL NO.

I will take Rohr any day over that nonsense.

I dont have a short memory and I Remember this piss poor football we played under local coaches like Keshi, Oliseh, etc.

For those complaining about Rohr, we played worse, and had far more head scratching decisions with those local coaches.

No way in hell would I want to return to that.

Rather the devil I know.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:Bros nobody has ever claimed Rohr is a genius.

I am not aware of one person claiming such. If you have evidence, please provide it.

What we have said is that he has brought stability (which has been seriously lacking for years) since he took over. We also stated that his callups were mostly based on merrit (another thing seriously lacking over the years)

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Despite all these disagreements I will take Rohr any day over some local coach who will call up wastepipes and ignore far superior players.

Hell no.

Do I miss the days when Oliseh thought he could play "big man" and drop Mikel for some wastepipe based in Finland.

HELL NO.

I dont have a short memory and I Remember this piss poor football we played under local coaches like Keshi, Oliseh, etc.

For those complaining about Rohr, we played worse, and had far more head scratching decisions with those local coaches.

Rather the devil I know.
I hear you, but this your Rohr no dey take blame for anything, he even blamed the reporters saying see ‘I told you they were a good team...’, until he recognizes his mistakes he will never change. They’ve asked him about this subbing thing, till this day he still refuses to use his full available subs. Why? When it’s clear to everybody our players were tired, even he said they were tired so why did you sit there watching tired players and didn’t do anything? I really don’t know what he’s there for if he can see issues but never does anything to fix them. And keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over without ever acknowledging it and always blaming it on the inexperience of his players, or that the reporters didn’t believe him mschew...he can’t even give sound reasoning to why he invited so few midfielders dodging the question anyhow...he’ll continue taking you for a ride, the rest of us know what’s up.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Rather the devil I know.
I hear you, but this your Rohr no dey take blame for anything, he even blamed the reporters saying see ‘I told you they were a good team...’, until he recognizes his mistakes he will never change. They’ve asked him about this subbing thing, till this day he still refuses to use his full available subs. Why? When it’s clear to everybody our players were tired, even he said they were tired so why did you sit there watching tired players and didn’t do anything? I really don’t know what he’s there for if he can see issues but never does anything to fix them. And keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over without ever acknowledging it and always blaming it on the inexperience of his players, or that the reporters didn’t believe him mschew...he can’t even give sound reasoning to why he invited so few midfielders dodging the question anyhow...he’ll continue taking you for a ride, the rest of us know what’s up.
If Rohr gets the sack, whom do you suggest we hire?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Rather the devil I know.
That’s for NFF to decide, but while he’s there shouldn’t we at least expect that he doesn’t just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over? Where is the accountability? That has to be there regardless of who is coach...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Rather the devil I know.
That’s for NFF to decide, but while he’s there shouldn’t we at least expect that he doesn’t just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over? Where is the accountability? That has to be there regardless of who is coach...
I agree

He can't continue to make the same mistakes over and over, which is why I think some kind of intervention needs to take place, rather than just tearing everything down.

He must be mandated to call up a certain amount of midfielders.

At least 6 (including Iwobi) Every match.

He must be told to play players in their positions, and must be told to make better and more pro active use of subs.

And needs to be told to leave Musa alone for the sake of the team.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Rather the devil I know.
I agree

He can't continue to make the same mistakes over and over, which is why I think some kind of intervention needs to take place, rather than just tearing everything down.

He must be told to play players in their positions, and must be told to make better and more pro active use of subs.

Intervention is good but structural rather than what you are proposing which is called interference.

1stly, the last list had 5 midfielders. You can't force him to use Mikel Agu that he has invited for 3 yrs. You cant force him to use Azeez that has not started games this season though he put him on standby.

2. I dont share your Musa sentiments. Like Deanotito said, he has that "it" factor and that is always a major factor in TOurnaments. So like i said, intervention should be structural. I would like an intervention like "Clubless players shuold not be invited and/or players that haven't played upto 1month of active football should not be invited". That way, an Ezenwa would not make the team, and when we see Musa on the team list, it means, he is fully fit. A clubless Musa cannot produce any "it", he woudl be a liability like he was last week.

3. I think another intervention is that ROhr must always defend his team list with the Technical Committee. The committee are not to make player inputs but can recommend a removal.

4. NFF must provide a sound tactical assistant to Rohr and he must be the first assistant. He would be boss over all those other white dudes with Rohr. He must also be Nigerian.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

chief nfachairman wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Rather the devil I know.
I agree

Intervention is good but structural rather than what you are proposing which is called interference.

1stly, the last list had 5 midfielders. You can't force him to use Mikel Agu that he has invited for 3 yrs. You cant force him to use Azeez that has not started games this season though he put him on standby.

2. I dont share your Musa sentiments. Like Deanotito said, he has that "it" factor and that is always a major factor in TOurnaments. So like i said, intervention should be structural. I would like an intervention like "Clubless players shuold not be invited and/or players that haven't played upto 1month of active football should not be invited". That way, an Ezenwa would not make the team, and when we see Musa on the team list, it means, he is fully fit. A clubless Musa cannot produce any "it", he woudl be a liability like he was last week.

3. I think another intervention is that ROhr must always defend his team list with the Technical Committee. The committee are not to make player inputs but can recommend a removal.

4. NFF must provide a sound tactical assistant to Rohr and he must be the first assistant. He would be boss over all those other white dudes with Rohr. He must also be Nigerian.
I agree with most of what you posted except that the NFF should provide a sound tactical assistant for him. Rohr himself should be mandated to look for such a person so as to avoid imposition. Westerhoff brought in Bonfrere and they worked together, it was not the NFA that brought in an assistant for him. These issues are repetitive and it's obvious he needs to bring in someone he can trust and work with.
I am happy
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Dammy wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

1. Lack of midfielders
4. Poor usage of subs

Hell no.

HELL NO.

Rather the devil I know.
I agree

I agree with most of what you posted except that the NFF should provide a sound tactical assistant for him. Rohr himself should be mandated to look for such a person so as to avoid imposition. Westerhoff brought in Bonfrere and they worked together, it was not the NFA that brought in an assistant for him. These issues are repetitive and it's obvious he needs to bring in someone he can trust and work with.
He already has some of those foreign assistants like the video guy. BUt i think they need to go. He needs fresh ideas.

Again, it could be a joint interview of NFF and Rohr, they have a scoring system and the best man is selected and agreed to by all.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: I agree with most of what you posted except that the NFF should provide a sound tactical assistant for him. Rohr himself should be mandated to look for such a person so as to avoid imposition. Westerhoff brought in Bonfrere and they worked together, it was not the NFA that brought in an assistant for him. These issues are repetitive and it's obvious he needs to bring in someone he can trust and work with.
Why are you throwing your man under the bus? If Rohr doesn´t recognise where he needs assistance, what´s the use of an assist?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim