Pictures of Stadiums in Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Pictures of Stadiums in Nigeria

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Please pin this post mods. :biggrin:
Last edited by Benedict Iroha on Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Stadiums of Nigeria

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Onikan Stadium, Lagos. 10,000 Capacity

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Pictures of Stadiums in Nigeria

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Moshood Abiola National Stadium, Abuja| 60k Capacity.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s not about the stadia it’s the turf they play on, even if a Wembley or Allianz Arena was built in Nigeria the turf will be worse than that of a pub team in Northern Ireland!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Eaglezbeak wrote:It’s not about the stadia it’s the turf they play on, even if a Wembley or Allianz Arena was built in Nigeria the turf will be worse than that of a pub team in Northern Ireland!
I pointed it out in a previous thread that the problem is that those pitches are being regrassed by planting new grass on it. Football pitches have gone past that level. We see new pitches being relaid not planted in the western world and it gives a good surface. The planted pitches look good in photos until the teams start playing on them and their limitations become obvious.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:It’s not about the stadia it’s the turf they play on, even if a Wembley or Allianz Arena was built in Nigeria the turf will be worse than that of a pub team in Northern Ireland!
I pointed it out in a previous thread that the problem is that those pitches are being regrassed by planting new grass on it. Football pitches have gone past that level. We see new pitches being relaid not planted in the western world and it gives a good surface. The planted pitches look good in photos until the teams start playing on them and their limitations become obvious.
why don't you make a bid towards the authorities or try to educate them on such? we are in 2020 going on 2021....it is embarrassing. I am a little bit tipsy right now though
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
why don't you make a bid towards the authorities or try to educate them on such? we are in 2020 going on 2021....it is embarrassing. I am a little bit tipsy right now though
Despite being tipsy, you do have a point. Governors rehabilitating stadiums don't know much about football pitches. I've seen the same scenario in the regrassed Adokiye Amasiameka stadium in PH, where grass was planted. The Lekan Salami Stadium,Adamasingba in Ibadan is currently being reconstructed. I hope someone can call Governor Makinde's attention to the proper grassing of the pitch. I just hope the MKO Stadium in Abuja is being properly regrassed as well as the previous pitch was laid by Julius Berger. The NFF should advise the governments on the right pitches. In the alternative, hybrid pitches like the one in the Enyimba Stadium in Aba can be considered.
I am happy
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Despite being tipsy, you do have a point. Governors rehabilitating stadiums don't know much about football pitches. I've seen the same scenario in the regrassed Adokiye Amasiameka stadium in PH, where grass was planted. The Lekan Salami Stadium,Adamasingba in Ibadan is currently being reconstructed. I hope someone can call Governor Makinde's attention to the proper grassing of the pitch. I just hope the MKO Stadium in Abuja is being properly regrassed as well as the previous pitch was laid by Julius Berger. The NFF should advise the governments on the right pitches. In the alternative, hybrid pitches like the one in the Enyimba Stadium in Aba can be considered.
The Eyimba pitch must be the only hybrid pitch in Naija.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yeap, that Enyimba pitch seems to be the best as far as i am concerned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6mHpZ_vDUI[/video]
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:
And that is why the NFF have failed,they rely on the government but haven’t even asked for a football specific stadium with no running track and a slightly knowledgeable maintenance group to keep the pitch and stadium running well,they wouldn’t need to accept any park if they changed the backward way of operation.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
The Eyimba pitch must be the only hybrid pitch in Naija.
Hybrid pitches are not without their problems.
The link with cancers is a continuous debate and no conclusive decision either way has been reached.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Stadiums of Nigeria

Post by Bell »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Onikan Stadium, Lagos. 10,000 Capacity

ONIKAN LOOKING VERY GOOD, BUT...

...Eyimba sitting area looking ugly. Very ugly. What's with those view-obstructing and crude pillars that seem to be always present in those smaller Nigerian stadiums? I hope Onikan has dressing rooms for the players and bathrooms for spectators which would make it ideal for some smaller matches.
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy9GOlnRz00[/video]

see pitch, now compare
SuperEagles

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DIMKA76 wrote:The Eyimba pitch must be the only hybrid pitch in Naija.
Onikan is hybrid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEqrRLAO-kQ[/video]

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:And that is why the NFF have failed,they rely on the government but haven’t even asked for a football specific stadium with no running track and a slightly knowledgeable maintenance group to keep the pitch and stadium running well,they wouldn’t need to accept any park if they changed the backward way of operation.
Onikan does NOT have a running track.
Nonetheless, multipurpose stadiums are generally better suited for Nigeria, given its financial resources (or lack thereof).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL