ANCQ SIL 0 - NIG 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ANCQ SIL 0 - NIG 0

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:and we have learned from him. Another progress after learning from Madagascar
4 years and still learning on the job. This one is on the job training or learning?
odiegwu! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote:I am afraid that if we get Eze....Rohr can play him as a DM....guy needs to go sorry. He is a coward...not acceptable with the talent in his disposal and not with the current footballing climate
like i have always said, some of us see things years before others do. i truly hope you guys are more proactive in your real lives
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Enyi wrote:I am afraid that if we get Eze....Rohr can play him as a DM....guy needs to go sorry. He is a coward...not acceptable with the talent in his disposal and not with the current footballing climate
like i have always said, some of us see things years before others do. i truly hope you guys are more proactive in your real lives
Well I see months before you then, Eze is an England international.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:So after watching this match, I have to say that this covid period and the lack of playing time has seriously hurt our team chemistry. The team has lost its engine in that midfield, and we are seriously missing Ndidi.

In addition, this pitch was a nightmare, especially for players used to playing in Europe. The coaching staff need to organize more friendlies on African soil. All these Europe based friendlies are nice, but will not get us ready for the upcoming CAF.

Finally, the referee was and linesmen where useless. Kelechi was not offside for his goal, and it was a clear foul/penalty that should have been called, but wasn't.

All in all, we are practically qualified which is the most important, but we need more games on African soil to get this team reacclimatized with playing CAF football.
Yes, Nigeria is the only team that didnt play because of covid :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: other teams were playing and keeping fit. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

tufia! the black man will humiliate himself and even sell his own family just to protect his white master! disgusting
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
green4life wrote:Congrats on the 0-0 draw against mighty Sierra Leone ... home and away draw :clap: :dream: :dream:
Rohr warned us Sierra Leone is a difficult team. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now that he has learned about sierra leone, i expect that when we play them on neutral ground we will show them :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fledy wrote:Not fun watching these crop of players on the SE.
BORING, BORING, BORING!!!
yes, its the black players! lets do whatever it takes to protect your white god. shameless!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

i think Nigeria has qualified for ANC though with this draw
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Moral of the story is, you have to finish your opponent when he is down. If we won the game at home, we would have beaten Sierra Leone today.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I doubt a black coach can be this bad like t his stupid German coach.
Hopefully its his last game incharge.Wasted 4 plus years for this coward.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...what an eyesore of a match.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kajifu wrote:I doubt a black coach can be this bad like t his stupid German coach.
Hopefully its his last game incharge.Wasted 4 plus years for this coward.
Yeah, this man hasn't done well - lately. At this point, I am beginning to see what many of us here has been saying about coach Rohr.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

How many Sierra Leonian players play for top clubs in europe?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I wouldn't be in a hurry to fire Rohr. Finish out the qualifiers then reassess. If we're firing Rohr to bring in Amunike, Ebgo, or Finidi then I have my concerns due to their inexperience. If we're firing Rohr and bringing in someone with great coaching pedigree and experience on the African or international level then I'm ok with that.

Teams have been impacted differently by the long period of inactivity caused by COVID, and I really feel like the inactive period has affected us more than some teams. For example a team like Liverpool was flying high before COVID and hasn't looked nearly as invincible since the restart, same goes for Manchester City to a lesser degree. On the other hand Manchester United seemed to improve last season after the restart and are now back to their mediocre pre-COVID form.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Na we see chic way we know no go amount to a Cockrel.

I blame Pinnick.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bigpokey was insulted on these forums when i called the clueless manager out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: STARTING LINEUP

Post by vancity eagle »

surakat wrote:This is unwatchable and the pitch is a disgrace. CAF needs to regulate pitches in the whole of Africa. There must be basic acceptable standard agreed upon by both FIFA and CAF. This one should never be considered at all :curse: :curse: :curse:

KPOOM

this pitch is an utter disgrace.

Honestly CAF and FIFA need to intervene.

If a country cannot provide a pitch that is approved by CAF and FIFA, then they should just forfeit the right to host matches, and they play AWAY in both legs.

A fricking disgrace.

There is no coincidence that virtually every top seed cannot win on the road. These African pitches are a complete disgrace.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

green4life wrote:Jokes aside, as thin as our midfield is, Rohr & NFF should consider convincing Mikel to reconsider his decision to retire at 33. He's been playing 90 mins twice per week for Stoke City as their Captain and they are only 4 pts off the top of their table yet, there's no use for him on a team where an injury to Ndidi & injury prone Etebo leaves us with no capable cover.

Whether you like the bobo or not, there is still a big need for Mikel on this paper thin midfield squad. Ah ah.

I agree.

But will Mikel show up just to sit on bench ?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:Jokes aside, as thin as our midfield is, Rohr & NFF should consider convincing Mikel to reconsider his decision to retire at 33. He's been playing 90 mins twice per week for Stoke City as their Captain and they are only 4 pts off the top of their table yet, there's no use for him on a team where an injury to Ndidi & injury prone Etebo leaves us with no capable cover.

Whether you like the bobo or not, there is still a big need for Mikel on this paper thin midfield squad. Ah ah.

I agree.

It depends on who is available and the role he is asked to play. At this point of his career he can competently play as a DM for Nigeria. He can start some games and come off the bench in others. The key for this type of player is his understanding how he fits into the squad - and that is a task for the manager and not the player. This is academic given he's retired but our midfield is lightweight in terms of quality depth.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

jb wrote:How many Sierra Leonian players play for top clubs in europe?
...how many SE players play for top club in Europe?
Btw, while there define "top club".
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

green4life wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

It depends on who is available and the role he is asked to play. At this point of his career he can competently play as a DM for Nigeria. He can start some games and come off the bench in others. The key for this type of player is his understanding how he fits into the squad - and that is a task for the manager and not the player. This is academic given he's retired but our midfield is lightweight in terms of quality depth.
I doubt Mikel will unretire at this point
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:bigpokey was insulted on these forums when i called the clueless manager out

And you can't understand why you were insulted as being clueless? How clueless do you have to be to call a coach that has his team on top of the group table clueless? In my opinion you weren't insulted enough. :veryangry: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:bigpokey was insulted on these forums when i called the clueless manager out

And you can't understand why you were insulted as being clueless? How clueless do you have to be to call a coach that has his team on top of the group table clueless? In my opinion you weren't insulted enough. :veryangry: :veryangry:
troll, when you speak, this is all i see

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Please those of us calling for the sack of Rohr - Abeg which coach una wan hire to replace Rohr ?

Btw Amuneke get work ? Can we hire him ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates