Rohr out!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Rohr out!

Post by doctorollie »

Head to Head Sierra Leone won this. Home and away, SL would have qualified to the next round. I cant believe this!

Sorry its time to go Rohr!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr out!

Post by ohenhen1 »

There is still time to fix things. But the first step should be to remove both Rohr and Pinnick. Hopefully Nigeria can be lucky to get a young up and coming coach that want to make a name for himself.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

SL was the better team! 4 away goals!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria should have fired Rohr after the WC. If Rohr had been a Nigerian they would have fired him. That is the most disappointing part about this saga.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote:SL was the better team! 4 away goals!
Yes, SL won this double encounter. I had thought otherwise.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria should have fired Rohr after the WC. If Rohr had been a Nigerian they would have fired him. That is the most disappointing part about this saga.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohr has the best win ratio of any Nigerian coach! Rohr must stay!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Amunike or/and Ndubuisi Egbo have got to be contacted ASAP, I rather we succeed and fail with our own... Algeria did the same with Belmadi and we can now see how well it has turned out for the better.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Assuming this was a 2 legged affair where the winner progresses to the next round, Nigeria would have been knocked out! I can't believe SL came out better over two games! It is seriously time to refresh things
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tobi17 wrote:Amunike or/and Ndubuisi Egbo have got to be contacted ASAP, I rather we succeed and fail with our own... Algeria did the same with Belmadi and we can now see how well it has turned out for the better.
Leave Rohr alone.

We need to change or jersey to the one with a lucky charm
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Amunike or/and Ndubuisi Egbo have got to be contacted ASAP, I rather we succeed and fail with our own... Algeria did the same with Belmadi and we can now see how well it has turned out for the better.
Leave Rohr alone.

We need to change or jersey to the one with a lucky charm
The new jersey is causing us confusion....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like the away white kit.

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ohenhen1 wrote:I like the away white kit.
Are you sure the white it is away jersey? So the green is the home jersey yet we didn't wore it on Friday? The whole thing is more confusing than the useless team formation!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I wouldn't be in a hurry to fire Rohr if I were part of the NFF. Finish out the qualifiers then reassess. If we're firing Rohr to bring in Amunike, Ebgo, or Finidi then I have my concerns due to their inexperience. If we're firing Rohr and bringing in someone with great coaching pedigree and experience on the African or international level then I'm ok with that.

Teams have been impacted differently by the long period of inactivity caused by COVID, and I really feel like the inactive period has affected us more than some teams. For example a team like Liverpool was flying high before COVID and hasn't looked nearly as invincible since the restart, same goes for Manchester City to a lesser degree. On the other hand Manchester United seemed to improve last season after the restart and are now back to their mediocre pre-COVID form.

Our home loss to SA in the last CAN qualifiers came under somewhat similar circumstances. That loss was after the players had come back not playing together for an extended period with a few key players missing.
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

ohenhen1 wrote:There is still time to fix things. But the first step should be to remove both Rohr and Pinnick. Hopefully Nigeria can be lucky to get a young up and coming coach that want to make a name for himself.
Abeg stop this nonsense. There is still time is what we have been saying for the last years, if it's a Nigerian coach they would have sack him.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohenhen1 wrote:There is still time to fix things. But the first step should be to remove both Rohr and Pinnick. Hopefully Nigeria can be lucky to get a young up and coming coach that want to make a name for himself.
And Musa but I know whatever happens we are going to end up with an incompetent NFF and they are going to cut corners and appoint a weak coach so for now this is our lot!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Pa Rohr still dey learn? :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Rohr, though part of the problem is less of it.
Our main problem is not having sense of what our collective task is with regards football.
First, we fail to acknowledge that we are not the only country trying to better our team, thus
making us get arrogant about the competition. Our officials also add to the problem with their
lack of sense of place, and meddling with the team instead of focusing on doing their part.
Also the players truly lack team discipline, and sometimes go for personal glory instead of playing
for the team.
Lastly, some of us fans refuse to acknowledge the fact that there are not many minnows in the game.
Fans believe the SE have a right to victory, and fail to see when some of the popular players are the
main culprits with regards team discipline. In short politics and popularity seems to drive most of the
discussions.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

Abeg stop we don't need xxxx xxxxx players. We need a coach that will watch Nigerian leagues not Germany or Holland leagues to look for xxxx xxxxx players to call up.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

No-oooo! What for? Those people are NOT better than coach Rohr
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

doctorollie wrote:Assuming this was a 2 legged affair where the winner progresses to the next round, Nigeria would have been knocked out! I can't believe SL came out better over two games! It is seriously time to refresh things
Had the encounter been a two-legged affair, I bet things would have been different. The first game would not have ended the way it did
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

LeonPhelps wrote:
Abeg stop this nonsense. There is still time is what we have been saying for the last years, if it's a Nigerian coach they would have sack him.
And that would have been the correct thing to do in your eyes?
Just asking....

I thought it was agreed that sacking Amodu after qualifying us for AFCON and then the WC was the height of stupidity.
No?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Whats funny is people want a coach sacked when he is top of the group and on path to qualify.

The team finished 3rd in last AFCON after missing the previous 2 editions.

People act as if Nigeria never struggled in qualifying. In fact Rohr brought the most stable qualifying in SE history, sadly this seems to be changing, but every single previous Nigeria coach had hiccups in qualifying, every single one.

I dont know what people want, but they are acting emotionally. They act as if we have so many great options beyond Rohr, and truth is we just don't.

I used to really like Rohr. Now frankly he passes me off tbh, but the alternative is not good at all.

A hastily appointed coach, who will have to implement his style and system, and it WILL disrupt the team. They will not magically improve. Rohr has his faults, but many of the problems we saw in Benin, are the same problems that have haunted SE of the past.

1. Lack of guts and hustle
2. Poor fitness
3. Complacency and arrogance

While we can blame Rohr for poor selection and poor use of subs, we cannot blame him for the stupidity displayed by Iwobi, Sanusi, Chkwueze, for passing the ball to opponents at the back. We cannot blame Rohr for Ajayi falling asleep, after being on the pitch, literally a few minutes. There is blame to go round, and plenty of it is on the players for their lackadaisical attitude after going 4-0 up.

A new coach will not fix that, nor will he fix the piss poor pitches we must play on.

I have seen these piss poor displays by SE under all coaches.

Rohr, Oliseh, Keshi, SSS, Amodu, Vogts,

These poor displays are not the norm with Rohr. I mean the first 70 minutes against SL, was literally some of the best football we have seen under SE in a long time. Same with the Lesotho match, and the Ukraine friendly. All some of the best football I have seen SE play in a decade. So we should just ignore this, ignore the fact we still top the group and should easily qualify.

All for what ?

There is no miracle out there, I have seen enough coaches foreign and domestic to know there is no magic cure out there. Stability is vastly underrated by Nigerians.

Tell me that Kopp or Van Gaal is out there just waiting to coach SE, and I will say to sack Rohr. But there is no easy fix out there. Things can be much worse than they are now, I have seen this scenario many times before.

For all the clamor for a homegrown coach, the last 3 failed to qualify for AFCON. Amunike who people are touting coached the worst team of the last AFCON.Peoples memories are short.

What this situation reminds me of is the political situation in the US on 2016.

People were so passed at Hillary Clinton and democrats, they thought "what the heck, let's vote for Trump, IT CANNOT GET ANY WORSE"

Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Frankly I am far more scared of another Keshi or Oliseh, than I am of Rohr.