We miss Vic Mo big time.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
We miss Vic Mo big time.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Vic was a ball carrier for SE who was able to make runs that destabilized the defense and open up running and passing lanes for other to utilize. No he wasn't the world class winger we needed but his power, dribble runs and passing worked well against a lot of African teams. Since his departure we've tried Iwobi but there's something about his game thats missing. Chukwueze and Kalu have shown promise but none have the power of Vic Mo to be able to impose their will on defenses.

I actually don't see any wide player on the horizon that offers the level of effectiveness Vic Mo had. Remember, we won AFCON and qualified for 2 world cups with him as the primary creative player from the wings. Crosses rarely come n anymore, runs are mostly dead end runs with poor final balls. Musa, our most effective direct winger is a shadow of himself these days. Some are hoping it'll be Lookman but I doubt he can play his type of game on the cassava fields we play on in Africa as we've seen with Aribo and Akpoguma. If we don't have effective wingers we need to start looking at changing shape or it'll be a long next few yrs.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We miss Vic Mo big time.

Post by vancity eagle »

The sooner we get rid of Musa, the better.

It is glaringly obvious, and I'm glad people are starting to see it, but its painfully obvious.

We are minus one in attack with him playing.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You go beg am for us? We don't have any winger anywhere close to Moses at the moment, but I doubt he would come back.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:You go beg am for us? We don't have any winger anywhere close to Moses at the moment, but I doubt he would come back.
It's not even close. Even though we seem to have about 4-6 wingers on the cusp of a breakthrough none is actually delivering on a regular basis. Chukwueze has the tools but he also has Iwobi tendencies. All he might need is a dirty slap on his right cheek and a good beat down. The boy no dey learn, someone have to teach him niaja style. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:You go beg am for us? We don't have any winger anywhere close to Moses at the moment, but I doubt he would come back.
Might have to consider it. We're only months away from wc qualifications and less than 2yrs to Qatar 22. Vic could still be very effective.

Can you imagine?

Vic M. Osihmen. Chukwueze
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I agree. Not a world class player but Vic has "it"...at least when it came to african opposition
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I'm calling for Kalu and chukwueze to meet me at a startbucs for a chat ,coffee and koboko where I will show them how vic does it on my tablet, waste 2 kobokos on them and slap them with my tablet after which the police can take me to jail. :laugh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFU9O0IkpD8[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I'm calling for Kalu and chukwueze to meet me at a startbucs for a chat ,coffee and koboko where I will show them how vic does it on my tablet, waste 2 kobokos on them and slap them with my tablet after which the police can take me to jail. :laugh:

Victor has his faults too. He can be overly selfish sometimes. Especially when playing for the country versus club.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Abbey wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I'm calling for Kalu and chukwueze to meet me at a startbucs for a chat ,coffee and koboko where I will show them how vic does it on my tablet, waste 2 kobokos on them and slap them with my tablet after which the police can take me to jail. :laugh:

Nigeria has never produced a player without fault. Our great JJ had many.

Victor has his faults too. He can be overly selfish sometimes. Especially when playing for the country versus club.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abbey wrote:

Faulty player that delivers easy qualification and AFCON championships...I'll take that over our current faultless ones :dream: :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Emotional and kneejerk responses to a draw with an unintimidated Sierra Leone team.
I wonder how these same folks felt in 1994 when the SE, in its World Cup debut, beat Bulgaria that denied France
qualifying for that tournament? BTW Bulgaria ended that tourney with a third place play.
Now other teams are doing to us what we've done to others, and instead of being realistic and working to fix our problems,
we are getting panicky and wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If we can just reflect on our mistakes and shortcomings, we might be able to reassert ourselves as able contenders.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I think we're suffering from some romanticized form of nostalgia here guys, and for perhaps good reasons. Let's not forget that Moses although brilliant and nearly world class on his best days, was VERY notorious for numerous brainfarts and head-pulling decisions as well. The WC games against Croatia and even Argentina easily come to mind...
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Once Moses Simon is not playing, Rohr tactics becomes rudderless.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:Once Moses Simon is not playing, Rohr tactics becomes rudderless.
All you've done is condemn and find fault lines in everything, yet you can't name one competent replacement for Rohr if he gets fired, or even the so called world class players and gems that seem to be hidden in the NPFL!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote:
fabio wrote:Once Moses Simon is not playing, Rohr tactics becomes rudderless.
All you've done is condemn and find fault lines in everything, yet you can't name one competent replacement for Rohr if he gets fired, or even the so called world class players and gems that seem to be hidden in the NPFL!
names are aplenty.....

including:

Bruno lage
Ndubushi Egbo
Siasia
wily sagnol
marco silva
Laurent blanc
Leonardo jardim
sam Allardyce
mark hughes
quique flores
goran Djorovic
seedorf & kluivert
poyet
and many more

I know Lamouchi was keen few yrs back...

these are progressive, attacking managers
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........