Very Good News: Rohr won't be sacked- Pinnick

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ahidjo2
Egg
Egg
Very Good News: Rohr won't be sacked- Pinnick

Post by ahidjo2 »

Pinnick: Under-Fire Rohr Won’t Be Sacked
President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pelvin Pinnick has reiterated his support for Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr despite recent calls for the German dismissal, reports Completesports.com.

Rohr came under intense criticism after the Super Eagles failed to beat the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone in their 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying double-header.

The Super Eagles were forced to a 4-4 draw by the Leone Stars at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium Benin City last Friday, while both sides battled to a 0-0 draw in the reverse fixture on Tuesday at the Siaka Stevens Stadium, Freetown...

https://www.completesports.com/pinnick- ... be-sacked/
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Very Good News: Rohr won't be sacked- Pinnick

Post by deanotito »

Finally, some sanity
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

deanotito wrote:Finally, some sanity
Some confusionists and anarchists want to fire a coach for playing draws and topping the group. They will not achieve their aims. I believe that mistakes have been noted (that's what professionals do) and will be corrected subsequently. Besides, winning every game was never part of the contract expectations. Yes, we were all disturbed by the 4-4 loss but emotions have to be put in check.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ahidjo2 wrote:
Some confusionists and anarchists want to fire a coach for playing draws and topping the group. They will not achieve their aims. I believe that mistakes have been noted (that's what professionals do) and will be corrected consequently. Besides, winning every game was never part of the contract expectations. Yes, we were all disturbed by the 4-4 loss but emotions have to be put in check.
the manager is gone, peaknick, is being politically correct... smh..if only you know what's cooking come January
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No sane person would fire a coach whose team is on top of his group table just because he did not get desired result against a particular team. I called for his firing during the game in Benin, but that was because I lost my sanity temporarily after Sierra Leone scored the 4th goal.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
Some confusionists and anarchists want to fire a coach for playing draws and topping the group. They will not achieve their aims. I believe that mistakes have been noted (that's what professionals do) and will be corrected consequently. Besides, winning every game was never part of the contract expectations. Yes, we were all disturbed by the 4-4 loss but emotions have to be put in check.
the manager is gone, peaknick, is being politically correct... smh..if only you know what's cooking come January
Gone for what offense? Losing 4-4 at home? Topping his group?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote:
I called for his firing during the game in Benin, but that was because I lost my sanity temporarily after Sierra Leone scored the 4th goal.

Bros we are all human, and we all have emotions.

But sanity is being able to deal with those emotions and think rationally in the aftermath. I became ambivalent after the two matches, but the more I thought about it, sacking a coach who is leading his group is just completely asinine.

This angry mob mentality never leads anywhere productive, and usually leads to further destruction.

I am not a nihalist.

Rohr is not the greatest, but I do not see anything positive comming if we fire him and replace him with another journeyman, or even worse an unqualified former SE.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:
No sane person would fire a coach whose team is on top of his group table just because he did not get desired result against a particular team. I called for his firing during the game in Benin, but that was because I lost my sanity temporarily after Sierra Leone scored the 4th goal.

Uncle has recovered! :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Just delaying the inevitable.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria is playing Benin Republic next right?

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Just delaying the inevitable.
Yup, word around is that he will be gone by January, it's almost political arm-twisting at play at this point and it's beyond Pinnick.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
1naija wrote:

Uncle has recovered! :clap: :clap: :clap:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My Job told me to snap out of it. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?
Last edited by 1naija on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:
Same here. I said "Hope Rohr knows this is a fireable offense". But that is why we all need sanity. Emotions are one thing. When the dust settles, we need to think through things.

Will never forget a conversation I had with my dad in the 90s. We were watching TV, and there was this clamoring for firing Phillipe Troussier - who had then just achieved WC qualification. My Dad asked me why they wanted to fire him. I said because he doesn't allow the team to play good football (Remember, this was the 90s, with all sorts of jigida/entertaining play from the Eagles). My dad was close to incredulous. He said you hire a guy to do something, he does it...and then you want to fire him based on some flimsy excuse??

I think most sane watchers of Nigerian football would agree today that firing Troussier was an error.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
Same here. I said "Hope Rohr knows this is a fireable offense". But that is why we all need sanity. Emotions are one thing. When the dust settles, we need to think through things.

Will never forget a conversation I had with my dad in the 90s. We were watching TV, and there was this clamoring for firing Phillipe Troussier - who had then just achieved WC qualification. My Dad asked me why they wanted to fire him. I said because he doesn't allow the team to play good football (Remember, this was the 90s, with all sorts of jigida/entertaining play from the Eagles). My dad was close to incredulous. He said you hire a guy to do something, he does it...and then you want to fire him based on some flimsy excuse??

I think most sane watchers of Nigerian football would agree today that firing Troussier was an error.
Massive error if I might add.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It wasn't just an error, it was plain stupid. All because the imbecile of a sports minister at the time wanted a 'World Class' coach.
Well, Nigerians sure got one in Bora Milutinović, who led us to embarrassing losses to Paraguay and Denmark at the 1998 WC. Dude of course, immediately bailed after the Denmark game, with the thousands of dollars Nigeria foolishly paid him, for doing absolutely nothing.

We are yet again 'blessed' with another buffoon of a sports minister advocating the same thing. Good luck to the anti-Rohr brigade and their pipe-dream quest to get a so called 'world class' coach. What a discombobulated set of human beings.
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

At this stage it is not stupid. It is not foolish to fire Rohr. Rohr hasn't really improved the team. There is still 2 years until the next world cup. It is foolish to delay and drag your feet and then decide to fire him when it is too late like they normally do in the NFF. Fire him now or don't fire him at all. I don't want to see a situation where the fools decide to fire him 6 months before a major tournament.

I go talk real. Rohr can't win any major tournament for Nigeria. You are wasting your time with him. Source for the funds to pay him his 1.2 million dollars and end his tenure. Bring in Amuneke and let him pick his own staff. Also look at a long term replacement in case Amuneke is not the answer.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:At this stage it is not stupid. It is not foolish to fire Rohr. Rohr hasn't really improved the team. There is still 2 years until the next world cup. It is foolish to delay and drag your feet and then decide to fire him when it is too late like they normally do in the NFF. Fire him now or don't fire him at all. I don't want to see a situation where the fools decide to fire him 6 months before a major tournament.

I go talk real. Rohr can't win any major tournament for Nigeria. You are wasting your time with him. Source for the funds to pay him his 1.2 million dollars and end his tenure. Bring in Amuneke and let him pick his own staff. Also look at a long term replacement in case Amuneke is not the answer.
So what happens if Amuneke cant get the team to play well? After how many games should he be fired?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cool :thumb: , if you gonna stick by your man stick by him all the way through, but don't now change your mind at the eleventh hour when there is not enough time to find a proper replacement before the next tournament. To me, this was a good time to explore a proper replacement, so if they are happy with **** stick with him through the next two tournaments...regardless of outcome
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:At this stage it is not stupid. It is not foolish to fire Rohr. Rohr hasn't really improved the team. There is still 2 years until the next world cup. It is foolish to delay and drag your feet and then decide to fire him when it is too late like they normally do in the NFF. Fire him now or don't fire him at all. I don't want to see a situation where the fools decide to fire him 6 months before a major tournament.

So what happens if Amuneke cant get the team to play well? After how many games should he be fired?
If Amuneke is a disaster, you fire him too, but you tell the public the truth like you don't expect the team to do well at the world cup. Hire a coach and have a long term strategy. Keeping Rohr on the job now is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. There is still 2 years left until the next world cup. Nigeria shouldn't go to the next world cup to learn.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

And what will be the basis of your firing him? Failure to meet deliverables? No, because he met both on his first contract - Qualification for WC (check) and Qualification and reaching semi finals of AFCON (check). Or should we fire him based on the Nigerian fans belief that he is not 'tactical' enough and can't win anything?
So, fire him now, even when he is clearly on track to meet/exceed on his next deliverable. Sure. Real smart.
Again, for some context, this is a man that has the best win/loss percentage of arguably ANY Nigerian coach, including the so-called greatest coach, Clemens Westerhof.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

There are issues but replacing the coach now will only introduce more IMO. We still top our group and are in a comfortable place to qualify for the AFCON.

At the very least Rohr should take us to the next AFCON (if we qualify). He would have learned something from that game in Benin and why the team's defence collapsed after such an impressive start. He would have learned one of two things about certain players. He is in a better position than a new coach who will start from scratch in understanding our players and what roles they’re best suited for. A draw away to one of the smaller West African teams on a bad pitch is not an unusual result for the SE historically.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Otitokoro wrote:And what will be the basis of your firing him? Failure to meet deliverables? No, because he met both on his first contract - Qualification for WC (check) and Qualification and reaching semi finals of AFCON (check). Or should we fire him based on the Nigerian fans belief that he is not 'tactical' enough and can't win anything?
So, fire him now, even when he is clearly on track to meet/exceed on his next deliverable. Sure. Real smart.
Again, for some context, this is a man that has the best win/loss percentage of arguably ANY Nigerian coach, including the so-called greatest coach, Clemens Westerhof.

Basis for firing him.

1. The team is regressing defensively
2. The team is regressing offensivelly
3. Poor in game management

If I see progress, light at the end of the tunnel, I will support keeping Rohr. The guy has reached his ceiling, I can't see the team getting better with him as coach. It is time to move on.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:There are issues but replacing the coach now will only introduce more IMO. We still top our group and are in a comfortable place to qualify for the AFCON.

At the very least Rohr should take us to the next AFCON (if we qualify). He would have learned something from that game in Benin and why the team's defence collapsed after such an impressive start. He would have learned one of two things about certain players. He is in a better position than a new coach who will start from scratch in understanding our players and what roles they’re best suited for. A draw away to one of the smaller West African teams on a bad pitch is not an unusual result for the SE historically.
What are the benefits of keeping him as coach? What is he doing to improve the team? What is the target for the next Afcon and next world cup?