Match Report: Gernot Rohr on the Ropes........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Match Report: Gernot Rohr on the Ropes........

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
In fact, Rohr outperforms Keshi our 'best ever' coach in ALL AREAS, whether competitive games or ALL games combined; whether you include the 2020 games, or you don't.
It makes NO difference.

The major and only difference which they hold on to and which they use to *trump* everything else are the AFCON Gold vs Bronze, and the one extra WC game which we lost to France 2-0.
It's all down to that.

I will post the competitive game records (since the word 'stats' is now unacceptable to the Anti-Rohr Squadies) once I finish compiling.
But like I said, this is a sentimental argument not based on facts, the very same argument used to dismiss Amodu twice - yet they all argue that it was totally unacceptable what they did to the man.

Very confusing, but let's see how they will spin the 'competitive' game comparison.

My guess is they will dismiss the records as "misleading" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Interesting that according to you a coach with ANC Bronze and 1st Round WC exit out performs a coach with ANC Gold and Qualification for 2nd round of the WC.

Maybe you should check how much Keshi was paid and how much he 'earned' for Nigeria and do a RETURN ON INVESTMENT and compare that with Rohr.
wanaj0, in the words of Bro Shaggi.... E shock you :biggrin:

Rohr has outperformed Keshi in statistics and winning ratio.

Keshi has outperformed Rohr in Winning ANC and WC 2nd round.

The only difference is ONE GAME. Keshi use ONE GAME better pass Rohr! Rohr in four years, still never use ONE GAME outperform Keshi!

That ONE GAME is not a right or privilege. You earn it or win it. Rohr is yet to win that ONE GAME!

That´s the difference!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Wise countries/clubs take a wholistic approach, otherwise top coaches like Klopp and Low would never achieve what they have ended up achieving for club and country.
They don't have the '20/20 Vision' that Nigeria has obviously perfected and insists on sticking with, come what may.
It has served us very well over the last 25 years, innit? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We are now comparing Klopp and Low to Rohr :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Fabio, stop falling your hand like this nah, haba!

"Comparing Rohr to Klopp".
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Leave such dumbed-down logic to the half-wits, abeg. English shouldn't be your problem.

Very embarrassing. :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Interesting that according to you a coach with ANC Bronze and 1st Round WC exit out performs a coach with ANC Gold and Qualification for 2nd round of the WC.

Maybe you should check how much Keshi was paid and how much he 'earned' for Nigeria and do a RETURN ON INVESTMENT and compare that with Rohr.
How much was he paid? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

You are correct that people are picking and choosing. You have done exactly that.

The difference, however, is whatever people pick and choose must coincide with the metrics used by the majority of people and the federation to measure success. That measure is whether a coach wins a trophy or not. In the case of the AFCON, Nigeria generally measures this by placing on the medal table and at the height the team may infact receive additional acknowledgment by the leaders of the country as happened in 1980, 1994, and under Keshi. I am yet to know awards given for percentage of games won. Ask Eguavoen and Bonfrere. Those lead in that category but even you cannot even remember anything remarkable done by Eguavoen? If you did, why have you not listed him given your metrics?.

Rohr was hired to win trophies for Nigeria. He has achieved third place at the AFCON. It is a commendable spot and definitely one reason that has kept him on the job. Not some obscure winning percentage.

I asked for your data to be posted because I was unable to open it and I believe that when you make a claim it needs to be supported by some compelling data, if you claim that one exists. I have not asked for it to be posted because I think it is critical to evaluating whether a coach stays or leaves the Nigerian position. There is a difference there.
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I never really knew that coaches are now receiving trophies for winning percentages. Soon there will be trophies for victories of Brazil or Germany. Thankfully, while Nigerian fans acknowledge winning percentages, i sure know that they will prioritize trophies ahead of mere winning percentage.
But prof, you are the oone that asked for the records from competitive games and asked deantito to publish them for all to see.
E be like tori don suddenly change. :rotf:
It is not news that Keshi won Gold vs Rohr's bronze, so which records were you asking to see again if not their PWDL ratios?
Na you ask kweshon, na you come dey tell us say kweshon nor dey relevant again.
Which wan nah?
You've not even asked to see the evidence you yourself asked for. I could be lying, like our danfo driver here. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

In all this back n forth, people are picking and choosing.
The management of two individuals is being compared.
At one end of the scale, peak achievement (AFCON bronze) is being touted as not good enough and is compared to the AFCON gold of the other. Fair comparison.
At the other end of the scale, the dismal failure to qualify for a second AFCON is kept all hush-hush and is for some reason not relevant, whilst for the other guy's second campaign his two draws with a 'minnow' whilst topping the qualification group is trumpeted on the rooftops as further evidence of failure.

And people are claiming to be objective here? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

fabio wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
In fact, Rohr outperforms Keshi our 'best ever' coach in ALL AREAS, whether competitive games or ALL games combined; whether you include the 2020 games, or you don't.
It makes NO difference.

The major and only difference which they hold on to and which they use to *trump* everything else are the AFCON Gold vs Bronze, and the one extra WC game which we lost to France 2-0.
It's all down to that.

I will post the competitive game records (since the word 'stats' is now unacceptable to the Anti-Rohr Squadies) once I finish compiling.
But like I said, this is a sentimental argument not based on facts, the very same argument used to dismiss Amodu twice - yet they all argue that it was totally unacceptable what they did to the man.

Very confusing, but let's see how they will spin the 'competitive' game comparison.

My guess is they will dismiss the records as "misleading" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

wanaj0, in the words of Bro Shaggi.... E shock you :biggrin:

Rohr has outperformed Keshi in statistics and winning ratio.

Keshi has outperformed Rohr in Winning ANC and WC 2nd round.

The only difference is ONE GAME. Keshi use ONE GAME better pass Rohr! Rohr in four years, still never use ONE GAME outperform Keshi!

That ONE GAME is not a right or privilege. You earn it or win it. Rohr is yet to win that ONE GAME!

That´s the difference!
African teams basically participate in 2 ( or possibly 3 tournaments). Ultimate aim is to 'win' those tournaments

1) ANC Keshi came 1st while Rohr came 3rd
2) Confederation Cup - Rohr was not good enough to qualify
3) World Cup - Keshi got to 2nd round while Rohr crashed out at first round
4) ANC - Keshi did not qualify while Rohr is on the verge of qualification.

Interesting how Rohr now outperformed by not reaching the heights attained by Keshi!

So a team who has more wins BUT less points is outperforms a team with higher points? Hmmmmm
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”