2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAC [WK 9]

Post by Its a Goal »

Handball, should be ruled out.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Handball.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Dean going to check VAR
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Mike Dean has done us a favour still 1-0...
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

No goal
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ruled off as handball.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier with a fantastic job there.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Reguilon defended well there. Did all the right thing to dispose Mahrez and tuck his hands behind his back avoid getting the ball hit to it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The defensive shape looks solid. They are closing all the gaps.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kenmega wrote:Mike Dean has done us a favour still 1-0...

Not a favor. It was the right call.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

2 mins added time
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Half time still 1-0 somehow
Danny Blanchflower
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Very strong defensive performance by Aldeweireld, individually and the 11 players, collectively. One or two lack of concentration has proven very dangerous.

As for City, they need to shoot from outside the box and make quick passes in the middle. Everytime they have done that, they have moved the Tottenham block. I know they are trying to work the wide areas, like Pep likes, but Tottenham is prepared for that.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nice way to see out the half.

Toby is giving someone, who said he is finished, a lot of humble pie to eat :rotf:.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As expected. Next up the Torres vs Barcelona moment. Bale or Moura perhaps.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:
kenmega wrote:Mike Dean has done us a favour still 1-0...

Not a favor. It was the right call.
Yep. Na handball.

Spurs defending very well and possess the threat on the counter attack to close the game in the second half as long as they don't self destruct.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Coming out for the second half will be crucial. This is where City is dangerous as they will go straight on the attack so all the players have to stay alert and concentrated.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier playing defensively well so far. We all know he can't maintain that discipline for 90 minutes as he just did there.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

City are helping Lloris pad up his stats with saves. They are all routine saves.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

My money on a Spurs second....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Kevin DB is a cyborg.
This man is at one minute defending his 18 yard box
and the next minute is leading the charge into the Tottenham box.
What a player
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Reguilon should be doing better.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojbjerg is a machine. Nothing goes past him.