Efan Ekoku

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Efan Ekoku

Post by bushboy »

I always enjoy listening to him on commentary. He sounds very knowledgeable of the modern game. He is an ex Super Eagle and has also obtained ALL of his FA and UEFA coaching badges. He should be in the SE coaching mix. Instead of chasing after white men, we can give opportunities to our own.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Efan Ekoku

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He has even less coaching experience than Amunike, Egbo, and Finidi.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

..."a prophet is not known in his hometown", to quote the bible.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Unbelievable! See how they have dumbed down CE :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

He probably makes more doing commentary
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

chif456 wrote:He probably makes more doing commentary

Its not the making more .... na the peace of mind :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Small money with less cursing is better than big money that will be owed and you will be cursed endlessly on top.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

Small money with less cursing is better than big money that will be owed and you will be cursed endlessly on top.
:clap: Coaching in Nigeria is not for those that want a peaceful life and it can’t be good or your health.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bushboy wrote:I always enjoy listening to him on commentary. He sounds very knowledgeable of the modern game. He is an ex Super Eagle and has also obtained ALL of his FA and UEFA coaching badges. He should be in the SE coaching mix. Instead of chasing after white men, we can give opportunities to our own.
Love his commentary ... Very assured and insightful.
Top draw!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

:clap: Coaching in Nigeria is not for those that want a peaceful life and it can’t be good or your health.
This is true. People often underestimate this about working in Nigeria. It’s why I took to Rohr relatively early in his stay. He seemed to understand Nigeria even better than Nigerian coaches. If you look at the absolute disaster that was Sunday Oliseh’s tenure, you would know it’s not by DNA alone
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

This is true. People often underestimate this about working in Nigeria. It’s why I took to Rohr relatively early in his stay. He seemed to understand Nigeria even better than Nigerian coaches. If you look at the absolute disaster that was Sunday Oliseh’s tenure, you would know it’s not by DNA alone
dean

You may be simplifying things ooo. First, Rohr is being paid by a private entity which way different from being paid by NFF as was the case of Oliseh if my memory serves me correctly. Secondly, Oliseh combustic personality is way different from Rohr's and gas little to do with nationaluty.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

dean

You may be simplifying things ooo. First, Rohr is being paid by a private entity which way different from being paid by NFF as was the case of Oliseh if my memory serves me correctly. Secondly, Oliseh combustic personality is way different from Rohr's and gas little to do with nationaluty.
Prof, I don't think you would disagree with anyone that says coaching the SE comes with a higher than average occupational hazard.
If its not the NFF its the fans. If its not them, its the Sports Ministry or even the government.
Anyone that takes on the job should be both respected and pitied. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

dean

If Oliseh was the only one, I would agree. But all SE coaches I have observed since Westerhof have dealt with the madness of the Nigerian system pretty poorly. The notable exceptions were Amodu and Egu...but they didn’t last and the madness still did them in.

And with respect to who was paying him...I still remember Rohr being owed months of salary a few years ago that he and Pinnick had to address in the media. So I think he was being paid by the NFF.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

dean

If Oliseh was the only one, I would agree. But all SE coaches I have observed since Westerhof have dealt with the madness of the Nigerian system pretty poorly. The notable exceptions were Amodu and Egu...but they didn’t last and the madness still did them in.

And with respect to who was paying him...I still remember Rohr being owed months of salary a few years ago that he and Pinnick had to address in the media. So I think he was being paid by the NFF.
Dean,

You think? Why? Please read the arrangement on how Gernot Rohr is paid:

https://businessday.ng/analysis/article ... world-cup/
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics