Napoli Doctor hails Nigerian doctors over Osimhen.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Napoli doctor provides Osimhen injury update

Post by Jmal »

Napoli doctor provides Osimhen injury update
By Football Italia staff
https://www.football-italia.net/163476/ ... ury-update
Napoli doctor Raffaele Canonico confirms Victor Osimhen doesn’t need surgery and reveals when he could return to action.

The Nigerian striker picked up a shoulder injury while on international duty in November.

A report of Tuttosport, denied by the player, had claimed Nigeria medics made his shoulder injury worse.

“My colleagues deserve to be praised,” Canonico told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

"They were quick in the clinical approach. Victor was lucky, he could have had more serious damages. He suffered a with no surgical interest,” he added.

“The recovery time always depends on the person. For this kind of injury, it could take from 30 to 70 days to return to action.

“It is not the problem of resetting the shoulder. The hard work comes later with physiotherapy which must be done in order to restore the strength and protect the shoulder joint. A player who uses his arms needs a secure muscle structure. Both physical therapists and [Gennaro] Gattuso’s trainers are doing a great job.

“I see a guy who improves every day, in an important way. I hope he comes back before the Christmas break but it’s hard to make predictions. The best thing would be to let him complete the rehab with no rush.”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Napoli doctor provides Osimhen injury update

Post by maceo4 »

I agree, going by recent Omeruo interview where he described how his recurring shoulder injury has hampered his career especially at Chelsea due to the initial injury not being properly taken care of, I think Osimhen should take as much time until he feels comfortable so hopefully it doesn’t become a recurring injury.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Shoulder injuries take are unpredictable and could linger for a long time.
I am happy
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Napoli Doctor hails Nigerian doctors over Osimhen.

Post by Purity »

Professor Castagna, one of the best shoulder surgery experts of sportsmen, who confirmed the diagnosis. It must be clarified that this is the first event that this shoulder undergoes, it is not true that it had already been operated on. He had already had a problem on the left, but on the right it was the first traumatic event " . Canon also wanted to underline the skill of the doctors of the Nigerian national team, who intervened suddenly and in the best possible way: "I congratulate the doctors of the Nigerian national team because their speed in the maneuver and in the clinical approach for a traumatic injury of this kind is it was really sudden and done at a high level. Victor was lucky, he could have had more serious damage. We are talking about a dislocation that is not of surgical interest.

Source: Sky Italia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLp7jlsgr34&t=89s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLp7jlsgr34&t=89s[/video]
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Napoli Doctor hails Nigerian doctors over Osimhen.

Post by DIMKA76 »

Oya Bigpokey24 alias Omey2k4 and Co line up here to chop egba!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Dammy wrote:Shoulder injuries take are unpredictable and could linger for a long time.
Even something as minor as a frozen shoulder can take an unbelievably long time to sort.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Purity wrote:Professor Castagna, one of the best shoulder surgery experts of sportsmen, who confirmed the diagnosis. It must be clarified that this is the first event that this shoulder undergoes, it is not true that it had already been operated on. He had already had a problem on the left, but on the right it was the first traumatic event " . Canon also wanted to underline the skill of the doctors of the Nigerian national team, who intervened suddenly and in the best possible way: "I congratulate the doctors of the Nigerian national team because their speed in the maneuver and in the clinical approach for a traumatic injury of this kind is it was really sudden and done at a high level. Victor was lucky, he could have had more serious damage. We are talking about a dislocation that is not of surgical interest.

Who was the moron that wrote a shytt article criticising the first responders? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Its rare to find a foreigner admitting that Nigerian doctors did well..

"I congratulate the doctors of the Nigerian national team because their speed in the maneuver and in the clinical approach for a traumatic injury of this kind is it was really sudden and done at a high level. Victor was lucky, he could have had more serious damage. We are talking about a dislocation that is not of surgical interest.

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote:
Purity wrote:Professor Castagna, one of the best shoulder surgery experts of sportsmen, who confirmed the diagnosis. It must be clarified that this is the first event that this shoulder undergoes, it is not true that it had already been operated on. He had already had a problem on the left, but on the right it was the first traumatic event " . Canon also wanted to underline the skill of the doctors of the Nigerian national team, who intervened suddenly and in the best possible way: "I congratulate the doctors of the Nigerian national team because their speed in the maneuver and in the clinical approach for a traumatic injury of this kind is it was really sudden and done at a high level. Victor was lucky, he could have had more serious damage. We are talking about a dislocation that is not of surgical interest.

Who was the moron that wrote a shytt article criticising the first responders? :roll:
That is my question. The person had a very devious motive
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

highbury wrote:
Damunk wrote:

That is my question. The person had a very devious motive
That was a typical self indicting moron who never believed in himself not to talk about a fellow Nigerian.
Dem full ground for here, you no for look too far.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am confident that Damunk was not one of the Nigerian doctors
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Translated from Italy to English.

He had already had a problem on the left, but on the right it was the first traumatic event ". Canon also wanted to underline the skill of the Nigerian national team doctors, who intervened quickly and in the best possible way:" I congratulate the doctors of the Nigerian national team because their speed in the maneuver and in the clinical approach to such a traumatic injury was really sudden and done at a high level. Victor was lucky, he could have had more serious damage. Let's talk about a dislocation that is not of surgical interest . The return? A shoulder dislocation ranges from 30-40 days up to 60-70 days. It is not only the problem of putting the shoulder back in place, which was done in Nigeria, but the discussion also concerns the path of therapy to recover the strength of the limb. It is however a shoulder that, having suffered a trauma, can have a higher risk and therefore it is necessary to create protection for the joint. It is an athlete who strikes head, smanaccia, use the arms, then build a support for the upper limb. Both my physiotherapists and the Gattuso trainers are doing a very high level job. Victor works twice a day, he is 21 and the psychological aspect must be understood ".

Arrived in Italy last summer from Lille for 50 million euros plus bonuses and with a five-year contract at 4.5 million per season in his pocket, Osimhen has so far played 8 official matches with Napoli. Of these, he played 6 in Serie A, where he scored 2 goals (in the 4-1 at Atalanta and in the 0-1 in Bologna) and served an assist in the 6-0 at Genoa last September 27th. There are two appearances in the Europa League, in the first two rounds

Sky Italia