Awoniyi hangs!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Awoniyi hangs!!

Post by Adisboy »

Awoniyiiii. 4th Bundesliga goal of the season against Stuttgart. Boy has improved!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awoniyi hangs!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

That was a goooalasoo! Taiwo is looking like the real deal so far.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ajayi don hang too. Kai... where are the ghana strikers?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ajayi don hang too. Kai... where are the ghana strikers?
Where did Ajayi score?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Surely Awoniyi deserves a call up to the NT already, he has overtaken Nacho in the pecking order... Osimhen, Awoniyi, Nacho, Umar Sadiq and then maybe Onuachu in that order.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ajayi don hang too. Kai... where are the ghana strikers?
Where did Ajayi score?
V Man City.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:Surely Awoniyi deserves a call up to the NT already, he has overtaken Nacho in the pecking order... Osimhen, Awoniyi, Nacho, Umar Sadiq and then maybe Onuachu in that order.
1, Osihmen
2, Awoniyi.

Nacho will have to find a new position or start playing regularly.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Surely Awoniyi deserves a call up to the NT already, he has overtaken Nacho in the pecking order... Osimhen, Awoniyi, Nacho, Umar Sadiq and then maybe Onuachu in that order.
1, Osihmen
2, Awoniyi.

We can play Nacho as a false 9 behind Osimhen/Awoniyi, I remember he excelled in that position during his U17 breakout stint... Nacho isn't a target man type of player.
. And also Ike Ugbo apparently just switched to represent Nigeria, and it seems Rohr will add him to the team.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
1, Osihmen
2, Awoniyi.

We can play Nacho as a false 9 behind Osimhen/Awoniyi, I remember he excelled in that position during his U17 breakout stint... Nacho isn't a target man type of player.
. And also Ike Ugbo apparently just switched to represent Nigeria, and it seems Rohr will add him to the team.
Ugbo? Who im be? Where is he switching from ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

22 yr old, ex-England youth international, currently on loan from Chelsea for the season.
10 goals this season for Cercle Brugge K.S.V - Belgium.
Tobi17 wrote:
1, Osihmen
2, Awoniyi.

Ugbo? Who im be? Where is he switching from ?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Where una find this jam-body striker :lol:? He is just not comfortable with his left foot. Average player in my opinion.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

iworo wrote:
Where una find this jam-body striker :lol:? He is just not comfortable with his left foot. Average player in my opinion.
Yeah he lacks the type of finesse you will expect in a modern day striker, looks too clumsy.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

iworo wrote:
I wonder o. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

On Awoniyi.

I have an eye for talent. Clap for myself.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Where's Bushboy?
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Where's Bushboy?
He's under quarantine in the bush. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The team is taking shape.
Retire Paul.
Retire the German/Franco coach
Hire Amunike and/or Finidi George.
Then Nigeria would be ready for the next World Cup.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote:The team is taking shape.
Retire Paul.
Retire the German/Franco coach
Hire Amunike and/or Finidi George.
Then Nigeria would be ready for the next World Cup.
Fire the man doing the building and hire the one that never built anything to complete the job. This is why Africa continues to lag behind. Poor mentality!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Owngoal just confirmed Rohr is looking to make Awoniyi an alternative to Osimhen, so far none of the other strikers have shown they can step to that alternative #9 role behind Osimhen... Onuachu is definitely not it and Nacho isn't a natural #9 (play him behind the striker). I actually see Nacho and Awoniyi actually striking a solid partnership like they did in their U17 years, simply rest Osimhen for the less important games then play Awoniyi upfront with Nacho playing the role Firmino plays at Liverpool. Then add the attacking force of Lookman/Iwobi on the wings, then Ejaria as the CAM, Chukwueze/Samuel Kalu/Ejuke on the other side, Ndidi sitting back to do what he does best - protecting the back 4 like the boss that he is... then Aribo or Etebo playing the box-2-box mid role.

Defence- I'll fancy Adarabioyo or Akpoguma and Balogun as the CB's, Sanusi and Aina will have to slug it out at the LB position cause both have been in good form at their clubs. Ebuehi will always start for me in that RB position with Awaziem as a solid option.

GK- nothing much to see here, right now Maduka is the Numero Uno already.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

If goals scored is the issue:

Who has scored more goals this season out of all named here?
Who is 2nd in goals scored?
And who is 3rd?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
1, Osihmen
2, Awoniyi.

I thought I was the only one that still believed this.
U are spot on! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:Owngoal just confirmed Rohr is looking to make Awoniyi an alternative to Osimhen, so far none of the other strikers have shown they can step to that alternative #9 role behind Osimhen... Onuachu is definitely not it and Nacho isn't a natural #9 (play him behind the striker). I actually see Nacho and Awoniyi actually striking a solid partnership like they did in their U17 years, simply rest Osimhen for the less important games then play Awoniyi upfront with Nacho playing the role Firmino plays at Liverpool. Then add the attacking force of Lookman/Iwobi on the wings, then Ejaria as the CAM, Chukwueze/Samuel Kalu/Ejuke on the other side, Ndidi sitting back to do what he does best - protecting the back 4 like the boss that he is... then Aribo or Etebo playing the box-2-box mid role.

Defence- I'll fancy Adarabioyo or Akpoguma and Balogun as the CB's, Sanusi and Aina will have to slug it out at the LB position cause both have been in good form at their clubs. Ebuehi will always start for me in that RB position with Awaziem as a solid option.

GK- nothing much to see here, right now Maduka is the Numero Uno already.
Your team has a good chance to beat Argentina and England but will be ruthlessly dealt with in the fields of Cameroon. Saro or Zambia. Just saying... :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!