The Dumb Sulley Muntari

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Dumb Sulley Muntari

Post by danfo driver »

Kaii! i just saw a few videos of this guy on youtube and i immediately remembered how dumb this guy was. There was one match, Inter v. Catania, where i was convinced this guy was bribed! Inter was chasing the title that season, they were drawing 1-1. Mourinho took out Cambiasso and brought in Muntari. Within 1 minute, Muntari got a red card and gave away a penalty :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOXDqeosDvg[/video]

Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JHV8ia8mII[/video]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Dumb Sulley Muntari

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Where is Kraw-Krawlings to defend his countryman? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I saw that Catania game live I think and still laugh whenever I think of it. I remember him wearing Inter Milan shorts underneath when he was playing for Milan.

He has the most beautiful wife in the world so you are reminded how life is not fair.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys Danfo curse the bobo no blame him about dumb this or that.Danfo hand work
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Muntari... very solid player on his days, but a complete nutjob.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Tobi17 wrote:Muntari... very solid player on his days, but a complete nutjob.
He was solid for Pompey and Udinese, everyone after that...
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Where is Kraw-Krawlings to defend his countryman? :laugh:
:rotf: Do you know that Muntari is a zongo boy, originally from Nigeria? :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Those were hilarious clips but in fairness to Muntari, he was a very useful piece of Jose's treble winning squad. His workrate and long range shooting power was put to good use notwithstanding the occasional brain farts. I watched all of Inter's games for the 2 seasons when Jose was their manager and more often than not, I liked Muntari's contributions for the team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:Those were hilarious clips but in fairness to Muntari, he was a very useful piece of Jose's treble winning squad. His workrate and long range shooting power was put to good use notwithstanding the occasional brain farts. I watched all of Inter's games for the 2 seasons when Jose was their manager and more often than not, I liked Muntari's contributions for the team.
You sure so?

The starting midfield for the second season was Sneidjer/Cambiasso/Motta

He was competing with Stankovic, Mariga and Khrin for bench.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He was very good at waving the flag in the final.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Muntari is a crazy man
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:Those were hilarious clips but in fairness to Muntari, he was a very useful piece of Jose's treble winning squad. His workrate and long range shooting power was put to good use notwithstanding the occasional brain farts. I watched all of Inter's games for the 2 seasons when Jose was their manager and more often than not, I liked Muntari's contributions for the team.
You sure so?

The starting midfield for the second season was Sneidjer/Cambiasso/Motta

He was competing with Stankovic, Mariga and Khrin for bench.
He wasn't in the starting Jose's 11 (which was set in stone back then especially in the treble wining season) but he played many games They had a very crack squad back then so coming off the bench is relative given the team was complete especially the starting 11.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

One of Africa's best but had a penchant for doing stupid things
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YUJAM wrote:One of Africa's best but had a penchant for doing stupid things
He was NEVER one of beloved best.Not a Top 25 MF from Africa
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kajifu wrote:
Was one of the best players at the 2008 Nations Cup definitely the star for Ghana there, also played solidly in the 2006 World Cup.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Don’t mind him. Sulley was capable of some dumb stuff but he was also a terrific footballer. I think he even played and scored in 2010 WC

I actually rate him top 10 in best African midfielders. He played longer at the top level for much longer than most and could play a variety of positions. He won a Champs League and league title too

kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Was one of the best players at the 2008 Nations Cup definitely the star for Ghana there, also played solidly in the 2006 World Cup.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

YUJAM wrote:Don’t mind him. Sulley was capable of some dumb stuff but he was also a terrific footballer. I think he even played and scored in 2010 WC

I actually rate him top 10 in best African midfielders. He played longer at the top level for much longer than most and could play a variety of positions. He won a Champs League and league title too

kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Yup against Uruguay, a great goal that would been considered more had it not been for more eventual moments later in that game. I don't rate much of his career post Portsmouth and his International career was longer than Essien or Appiah but the guy was very indisciplined off the pitch, had a huge insubordination problem don't forget he was always fighting coaches.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LMAO @ "top 10"

Just off the top of my head, dude cant wipe the boots of;

Essien
Appiah
Abedi
Okocha
Oliseh
Mikel
Partey
Ndidi
Seydou Keita
Yaya Toure
Moustafa hadji
MV Foe
Finidi
Mahamadou Diarra
Tarek Dhiab
Karim Abdul Rasak
Amuneke
Theophile Abega
Geremi
Doctor Khumalo
Aboutrika
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:LMAO @ "top 10"

Essien
Appiah
Abedi
Okocha
Oliseh
Mikel
Partey
Ndidi
Seydou Keita
Yaya Toure
Moustafa hadji
MV Foe
Finidi
Mahamadou Diarra
Tarek Dhiab
Karim Abdul Rasak
Amuneke
Theophile Abega
Geremi
Doctor Khumalo
Aboutrika
Had more of a career than Appiah who was done at 26 or Foe (RIP), the big problem with him is that he was a dummy but talented I won't declare him top 10 either but I dont have him under some of these names.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:

Essien
Appiah
Abedi
Okocha
Oliseh
Mikel
Partey
Ndidi
Seydou Keita
Yaya Toure
Moustafa hadji
MV Foe
Finidi
Mahamadou Diarra
Tarek Dhiab
Karim Abdul Rasak
Amuneke
Theophile Abega
Geremi
Doctor Khumalo
Aboutrika
Had more of a career than Appiah who was done at 26 or Foe (RIP), the big problem with him is that he was a dummy but talented I won't declare him top 10 either but I dont have him under some of these names.
"top 10 midfielders in Africa." Thus the question is, did he perform better than Appiah and Foe? Gervinho is still banging in goals in Serie A, I guess he performed better than Weah and is in the top 10 Strikers in Africa.'

And even if we take out Appiah and Foe, i have 19 other names on that list. You;ll have to tell us how "he had more of a career" than 10 of the names on that list to push him into the top 10
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Essien
Appiah
Abedi
Okocha
Oliseh
Mikel
Partey
Ndidi
Seydou Keita
Yaya Toure
Moustafa hadji
MV Foe
Finidi
Mahamadou Diarra
Tarek Dhiab
Karim Abdul Rasak
Amuneke
Theophile Abega
Geremi
Doctor Khumalo
Aboutrika
"top 10 midfielders in Africa." Thus the question is, did he perform better than Appiah and Foe? Gervinho is still banging in goals in Serie A, I guess he performed better than Weah and is in the top 10 Strikers in Africa.'

And even if we take out Appiah and Foe, i have 19 other names on that list. You;ll have to tell us how "he had more of a career" than 10 of the names on that list to push him into the top 10
I said he wasn't top 10 but he was better than those two at least. I didnt watch some of the others from the 80s and before.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...his position calls for his style of play, tough, no-nonsense, and may be dumb, but coaches still like him, select him, and they pay him good.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:...his position calls for his style of play, tough, no-nonsense, and may be dumb, but coaches still like him, select him, and they pay him good.
I dont think you understand football very well. That position actually calls for a very smart player. No top club at a high level can start him. No chance! He can only start in a sh1t low level club like Udinese and Pompey. And when he was at Milan, they were at their worst level in history and he was on the bench.

There is a reason the likes of Mahamadou Diarra, Keita and Oliseh played for Madrid, Barca, Juve, Dortmund. They are tough, no nonsense, but very very very smart footballers.