Amokachi criticizes NFF over Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Amokachi criticizes NFF over Rohr

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

“For the administration to bring somebody like Oliseh and not giving him time because he’s Nigerian and they let go.

To bring in somebody like Amuneke and not giving him time then they let him go. Then you bring a new coach where those two coaches are far better than him; pedigree-wise and portfolio-wise.

But still, they gave the machinery a lot of money, $60 plus with all the bonuses, if they play two matches in a month, then you’re talking over $100,000.

And then at the end of the day, you put a $2m clause on a coach that has never won anything. A coach that came from Burkina Faso to Tunisia then to Nigeria and you put a $2m clause, that’s the first I’m hearing such.

If you were bringing Guardiola you can put $10m if he says he wants it because you know who he is; he has won laurels. But for a coach that has not done anything, not achieved anything and you put a $2m clause? There’s a lot of failure in that.

I’ll not rate them (NFF) out of 10, but all these things I’ve broken down will tell anybody with common sense where I’m coming from.”

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -contract/
Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Amokachi criticizes NFF over Rohr

Post by Adisboy »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:“For the administration to bring somebody like Oliseh and not giving him time because he’s Nigerian and they let go.

To bring in somebody like Amuneke and not giving him time then they let him go. Then you bring a new coach where those two coaches are far better than him; pedigree-wise and portfolio-wise.

But still, they gave the machinery a lot of money, $60 plus with all the bonuses, if they play two matches in a month, then you’re talking over $100,000.

And then at the end of the day, you put a $2m clause on a coach that has never won anything. A coach that came from Burkina Faso to Tunisia then to Nigeria and you put a $2m clause, that’s the first I’m hearing such.

If you were bringing Guardiola you can put $10m if he says he wants it because you know who he is; he has won laurels. But for a coach that has not done anything, not achieved anything and you put a $2m clause? There’s a lot of failure in that.

I’ll not rate them (NFF) out of 10, but all these things I’ve broken down will tell anybody with common sense where I’m coming from.”

But Oliseh resigned. The NFF DID NOT LET HIM GO!! Na wa oo. People sabi re-write history.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Adisboy wrote:
proclaimjesus02 wrote:“For the administration to bring somebody like Oliseh and not giving him time because he’s Nigerian and they let go.

But Oliseh resigned. The NFF DID NOT LET HIM GO!! Na wa oo. People sabi re-write history.
So is that the only thing you could deduce from the wtite up??? And we keep wondering why our country is in this state? Oliseh was owed 4 months salary before he resigned and Keshi for 9 months.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...one doesn't need common sense to know that those guys at the NFA, and Nigeria as a whole, are a criminal entrepreneurs.
They commit fraud in the open, like what we have here in the USA Trump.
The only the difference, here the media and the law will go after him, but in Nigeria you can't, no one within the country will say shiite except beat around the bush like the above right up.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

gochino wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

So is that the only thing you could deduce from the wtite up??? And we keep wondering why our country is in this state? Oliseh was owed 4 months salary before he resigned and Keshi for 9 months.
I can bet my last dollar the Rohr is currently being owed upwards of 4 months. It has happened to every coach under the employ of the NFF. This is where we are. It would take a lot to fix due to us politicizing everything.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mcal wrote:...one doesn't need common sense to know that those guys at the NFA, and Nigeria as a whole, are a criminal entrepreneurs.
They commit fraud in the open, like what we have here in the USA Trump.
The only the difference, here the media and the law will go after him, but in Nigeria you can't, no one within the country will say shiite except beat around the bush like the above right up.
The sports press especially football, were good at calling out fraud etc.... The last past 5 years, they have been very quiet. If you speak online, you are either called an agent or a relic from the Keshi era or not a genuine fan of SE.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Adisboy wrote:

that's all you got from the article? You ignored the $2m awoof
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Do you think you can hire & fire coaches anyhow nowadays without consequence? Go check why Zimbabwe was kicked out of the last World Cup qualifiers. Did you hear that NFF had to pay compensation to Oliseh's Belgian assistant coach who they didn't even fire? How much do you think compensation for sacking a decent coach is. $2m is even small.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote:

Adisboy,

YEP. It is important to set the record straight. If Amokachi stated that Oliseh was let go then Amokachi was definitely wrong. There are other inaccuracies in that story as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Do you think you can hire & fire coaches anyhow nowadays without consequence? Go check why Zimbabwe was kicked out of the last World Cup qualifiers. Did you hear that NFF had to pay compensation to Oliseh's Belgian assistant coach who they didn't even fire? How much do you think compensation for sacking a decent coach is. $2m is even small.
iBigporkey likes to do things in the very 'Nigerian' way he criticises the NFF of doing.
We are yet to com to terms with professional practise in every spect of life and the funny thing is Nigerians will do things professionally and properly when abroad, but once they get to Nigeria, or deal with Nigerians, professionalism goes out the window.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Adisboy,

YEP. It is important to set the record straight. If Amokachi stated that Oliseh was let go then Amokachi was definitely wrong. There are other inaccuracies in that story as well.
This is the thing.
All kudos to you Prof.
Others will ignore or even support such inaccuracies as long as it furthers their argument.

No case is served by presenting false facts - whether deliberate lies or simple and honest errors.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

iBigporkey likes to do things in the very 'Nigerian' way he criticises the NFF of doing.
We are yet to com to terms with professional practise in every spect of life and the funny thing is Nigerians will do things professionally and properly when abroad, but once they get to Nigeria, or deal with Nigerians, professionalism goes out the window.
...because no legal consequences. 'The Lady Justice' is not/never blind in Nigeria.
In Nigeria and among Nigerians, the law is applied with regard to wealth, power, and other status.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

gochino wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Well, no matter how anyone might see it; Oliseh, my 'homeboy' resigned. I am sure Rohr is; sometimes, owed but he does his complaints very diplomatically
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Part of the challenge is that our ex internationals are predominantly unemployed, and have been that way for many many years.

So in a sense, they are desperate. So putting sentiment aside, if you are negotiating with guys like those, why would you offer them top drawer salaries?

I agree with him that the disparity in pay between a Siasia/Keshi/Amu and Rohr is shocking....but thinking about it from a market perspective, its reasonable. If you will accept 5 Naira as salary, why should I offer you $2M
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sam Agunsoye
Egg
Egg

Post by Sam Agunsoye »

You guys just too funny and love to create controversy to compare any of our indigenous qualified coaches to a coach that made a name for himself in Europe with no bribery opportunity for any of you so the worst that you could write is putting the man down.
You’re all the enemies of Nigeria looking for every opportunity to get yourself or someone you could use getting into that position.
No shall not win now and never again. You should all go out make a name for yourself by upgrading yourselves first.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sam Agunsoye wrote:You guys just too funny and love to create controversy to compare any of our indigenous qualified coaches to a coach that made a name for himself in Europe with no bribery opportunity for any of you so the worst that you could write is putting the man down.
You’re all the enemies of Nigeria looking for every opportunity to get yourself or someone you could use getting into that position.
No shall not win now and never again. You should all go out make a name for yourself by upgrading yourselves first.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The slow demonisation of Rohr on cybereagles is a well-recognised agenda and on these pages the truth doesn't really matter.
Try and challenge that narrative and you are a 'WOWO' with a racial inferiority complex.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:Part of the challenge is that our ex internationals are predominantly unemployed, and have been that way for many many years.

So in a sense, they are desperate. So putting sentiment aside, if you are negotiating with guys like those, why would you offer them top drawer salaries?

I agree with him that the disparity in pay between a Siasia/Keshi/Amu and Rohr is shocking....but thinking about it from a market perspective, its reasonable. If you will accept 5 Naira as salary, why should I offer you $2M
The difference in pay between Rohr and Keshi isn't that much at all.
And I'm not even sure Keshi was paying any of his assistants out of his salary which was about $31,000/month in 2014.

Oliseh was on about $30,000/month if I remember correctly in 2016.

By 'Amu' do you mean Amodu, Amuneke or Amokachi himself?
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

We need to pause and listen to Amokachi on this being that he has Nigeria's best interest at heart and wants to do the right thing. :tic:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Best interest? Puhlease!
The guy is full of BS.
icee wrote: We need to pause and listen to Amokachi on this being that he has Nigeria's best interest at heart and wants to do the right thing. :tic: