Tuchel out at PSG! Pochettino lined up as replacement.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Tuchel out at PSG! Pochettino lined up as replacement.

Post by Scipio Africanus »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... 0-win.html

Thomas Tuchel has been sacked by Paris Saint-Germain and is set to be replaced by Mauricio Pochettino, with a meeting with the former Tottenham boss planned for today.

Pochettino has already spoken to PSG chiefs about succeeding Tuchel, who was revealed to have been sacked on Wednesday night, just hours after overseeing PSG's 4-0 win over Racing Strasbourg.

According to Sky Germany, PSG's sporting director Leonardo sacked the 47-year-old after the club's emphatic win at the Parc des Princes, which came four months after Tuchel led the Parisian outfit to the Champions League final.

Pochettino has been without a club since parting company with Tottenham last year and is being lined up to make a return to the club where he featured as a player.

Pochettino has been linked with the other top managerial positions across the continent with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United all being linked with the 48-year-old in the past year. However, he has been biding his time for the perfect project.

Pochettino recently said: 'I have always said that one day it would be a pleasure to manage a big club like Paris, a dream.

'I try to watch all of their games, especially in the Champions League and sometimes I speak with [Paris Saint-Germain assistant coach] Jean-Louis Gasset.'

While PSG haven't quite dominated Ligue 1 like in previous years, Tuchel managed to come out on top in their awkward Champions League group, which contained RB Leipzig and Manchester United.

However, Wednesday night's game against Strasbourg proved to be Tuchel's last, where he was told his services were no longer needed.

It was also PSG's last game before the league's three-week winter break, which will see them return on January 6 to face St Etienne.

Tuchel criticised his position as PSG boss on Wednesday, where he claimed he felt like a 'politician' at the club.

Tuchel told Sport 1: 'To be completely honest, during the first six months, I said to myself: 'Am I still a manager or am I a politician in sport, a Minister for Sports?' In a club like this, it is not always just about football.'

Massimiliano Allegri, who has been out of work since leaving Juventus last year, is also one of the bookies' frontrunners for the job.

According to RMC Sport, Les Parisiens have opened negotiations with Tuchel's lawyers to find a settlement, with the German still having six months left on his current deal as manager.

Tuchel has endured a difficult start to his third season in charge and saw him lose ground in the title race having lost four in 11 games this season.

It left the French champions playing catch-up to Lyon and Lille, who had both lost just one game this season.

The former Borussia Dortmund boss was pleased with how his team performed before he got the sack, claiming that his side overcame several injuries to win comfortably on the night.

Tuchel said after their 4-0 win: 'We made a lot of changes and we had a lot of injuries. I saw a great performance and everyone was focused and disciplined. It was a great win to end the year on.

'We played very fluidly, very quickly and simply. We stayed together both in attack and when we needed to defend. We showed a lot of quality and hard work,' he said.

'We managed to stay patient and it was tough against a Strasbourg side that defended very deep in a 5-3-2.

'It was tough to find moments to speed the play up. We made a few changes but we got into a rhythm really quickly and I'm delighted with the performance.'

In his three years at the club, Tuchel won back-to-back Ligue 1 titles, the Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue and the Trophee des Champions twice.

He took charge of 127 games and won 95 of those, giving him an impressive 74 per cent winning average as boss.

PSG are currently third in the table and are just a point off top spot and boast the best goal difference in the league.

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tuchel out at PSG! Pochettino lined up as replacement.

Post by mcal »

...na wetin the man do bad? abi dem dey win matches, and just advanced in UCL next stage.
Seems some owners no like minimum, they want maximum at all times.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mcal wrote:...na wetin the man do bad? abi dem dey win matches, and just advanced in UCL next stage.
My brother when you spend alot of money you one nothing less than the maximum.
PSG should be fighting for CL consistent and Tuchel is a poor coach.
Hope Pochettino can go there and be a hero
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:...na wetin the man do bad? abi dem dey win matches, and just advanced in UCL next stage.
Agreed. Some of his team selection in CL leaves ones wondering if the guy is serious

First order of business is get rid of Kimpemb. The guy just looks annoying :rotf:

It's rumoured Pochettino wants Dele Ali at PSG. Dele is garbage and not PSG material :veryangry: :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Comrade Machel wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Agreed. Some of his team selection in CL leaves ones wondering if the guy is serious

First order of business is get rid of Kimpemb. The guy just looks annoying :rotf:

It's rumoured Pochettino wants Dele Ali at PSG. Dele is garbage and not PSG material :veryangry: :curse:
...if so the coach may not last at his new job. Dele is washed up, plus English players don't thrive outside England.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
Comrade Machel wrote:
kajifu wrote:

...if so the coach may not last at his new job. Dele is washed up, plus English players don't thrive outside England.
Guess the likes of Keegan, Hoddle, Lineker, Waddle, Beckham, McManaman, Bale (Welsh), Hargreaves, Smalling, Sancho, Sessegnon, Bellingham, Musiala, Ashley Young, Madueke, Trippier, Marcus Edwards are not English, I guess.

When I say football fans know as little about football as non-football fans, people think I am joking. All football fans know how to do is spout overused cliches up and down. Smh.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:
Comrade Machel wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Guess the likes of Keegan, Hoddle, Lineker, Waddle, Beckham, McManaman, Bale (Welsh), Hargreaves, Smalling, Sancho, Sessegnon, Bellingham, Musiala, Ashley Young, Madueke, Trippier, Marcus Edwards are not English, I guess.

When I say football fans know as little about football as non-football fans, people think I am joking. All football fans know how to do is spout overused cliches up and down. Smh.
...good listing of no-bodies especially the recent players. With the exception of a few who hoped around other top leagues who have made names at home before venturing out, the rest are just it.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The issue with PSG is not the coach. If it is, then it was Tuchel who was doing the recruiting. That team has no defenders and no defensive midfielders.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051