Nigerian Professional Football League 2021

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Aswani
Egg
Egg
Re: NPFL resumes in Dec 6th, 2020. to end July 4th, 2021

Post by Aswani »

Enugu II wrote:
AS Police? Bros, there are at least three other teams doing better in Senegal in the last few years. This isn't a decade or more ago. The arrival of strong academies in Senegal has not only bolstered local the Senegalese national team but has improved local football especially with two local clubs that are linked directly to strong academies.
Fair enough sir, just checked the Wikipedia page for the Senegal Premier League, "AS Police" last won the league in 1979 (and are not even in the Premier league presently) so you are right and I am not.

I do remember Jeanne D'Arc as well, playing Nigerian club sides in the WAFU cup and Champions cup, come to think of it. They are still going strong.

I guess we would see how easy the draw against them is in time.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Aswani wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
AS Police? Bros, there are at least three other teams doing better in Senegal in the last few years. This isn't a decade or more ago. The arrival of strong academies in Senegal has not only bolstered local the Senegalese national team but has improved local football especially with two local clubs that are linked directly to strong academies.
Fair enough sir, just checked the Wikipedia page for the Senegal Premier League, "AS Police" last won the league in 1979 (and are not even in the Premier league presently) so you are right and I am not.

I do remember Jeanne D'Arc as well, playing Nigerian club sides in the WAFU cup and Champions cup, come to think of it. They are still going strong.

I guess we would see how easy the draw against them is in time.
Aswani,

The landscape of football in Senegal has changed significantly since AS Police heydays. Academy football has a tremendous impact on football in Senegal both locally and in the national teams. Jeanne D'Arc is an old club that even precedes AS Police in terms of success and notoriety. However, teams like Diambarrs and Guediawaye FC have become notable forces because of academy pathways.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Will the NPFL return to Supersport?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

lacidi wrote:Will the NPFL return to Supersport?
Not likely, I mean there is no indication whatsoever that it would happen. The only agreement on ground now is the one with Redstrike. Not sure if Redstrike will show matches on TV or live streaming as the details have not yet been released.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
The new NPFL season won't kick-off this weekend

Post by Purity »

The new Nigerian football league season won't kick-off this weekend as earlier speculated.

The League Management Company (LMC) will make its position clear on the matter soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cu4-qvoCl8&t=5s[/video]
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The new NPFL season won't kick-off this weekend

Post by Enugu II »

The NPFL is atleast consistent in usually not starting the season as scheduled.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

ukwala wrote:
lacidi wrote:Will the NPFL return to Supersport?
Not likely, I mean there is no indication whatsoever that it would happen. The only agreement on ground now is the one with Redstrike. Not sure if Redstrike will show matches on TV or live streaming as the details have not yet been released.
Sad, even Ethiopian PL will be on SS. I'm watching the signing ceremony on SS.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

League never start they are already looking like solid relegation candidates.
Don't ask me how I know, I recognize a relegation candidate very well when I see one.
Gotti wrote:Rangers back in training for the new season...

>
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YemiBrazil wrote:League never start they are already looking like solid relegation candidates.
Don't ask me how I know, I recognize a relegation candidate very well when I see one.
Not surprising, given that you are a supporter of perennial relegation candidates 3SC... :lol:
But (much like Sootin' on the football pitch), your 'recognition' is way off the track. Up Rangers!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Gotti wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:League never start they are already looking like solid relegation candidates.
Not surprising, given that you are a supporter of perennial relegation candidates 3SC... :lol:
But (much like Sootin' on the football pitch), your 'recognition' is way off the track. Up Rangers!
This unprovoked attack on Nigeria's biggest football club in history Shooting Stars of Africa has been reported to the appropriate authorities.

*The relegation prophecy from Molete high places stands.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian Professional Football League 2021

Post by ukwala »

NPFL SEASON 2020/2021 STARTS TODAY
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Two week 1 games will be shown live by NTA

1. The Akwa derby between Akwa United and Dakkada on Monday 28 Dec by 4pm
2. The Abia derby between Enyimba and Abia Warriors on Tuesday 29 Dec by 4 pm
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Hmm, Rivers United vs Rangers on Wednesday .... bragging rights .... sorry .... yabbing rights at stake between Gotti and 1naija.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The Eagle wrote:Hmm, Rivers United vs Rangers on Wednesday .... bragging rights .... sorry .... yabbing rights at stake between Gotti and 1naija.
Difficult one for me here with two yeye teams :curse: :mrgreen:
Up Rangers!!!!

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The Eagle wrote:Hmm, Rivers United vs Rangers on Wednesday .... bragging rights .... sorry .... yabbing rights at stake between Gotti and 1naija.
Up Rangers!!!!

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL Season 2020/2021 Starts Today 27 Dec-20

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Up Rangers!!!!
Is Sooting back in the top league or are they still ‘home’ in the first division?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cito wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Up Rangers!!!!
Is Sooting back in the top league or are they still ‘home’ in the first division?
Uncle Cito, looks like ban dey hungry you? I don get better connection here o and won't tolerate any disrespect on Nigeria's biggest football club. We are at home everywhere! :taunt: :D

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »