What has Happened to Iheanacho in Leicester?

Re: What has Happened to Iheanacho in Leicester?

...and he gets his chance, so far scuffed it at pk.

You can clearly see that he is not confident and he looks very unhappy. I don't really blame him because he doesn't have the game sharpness required. Brendan rarely plays him. But he could have done better with penalty.

highbury wrote:You can clearly see that he is not confident and he looks very unhappy. I don't really blame him because he doesn't have the game sharpness required. Brendan rarely plays him. But he could have done better with penalty.
...could those be the reason his coach saw at practice sections for not starting or giving game time? because one develop confidence and sharpness during training to excel at actual work time.

Kelechi will score in this game, he just needs to keep his head down and keep going at it. The commentators seem to have it in for him with their snide comments though.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

Crystal Palace take the lead and I suspect Jamie Vardy will replace Nacho

highbury wrote:You can clearly see that he is not confident and he looks very unhappy. I don't really blame him because he doesn't have the game sharpness required. Brendan rarely plays him. But he could have done better with penalty.

You've been making this tired excuse for three years!!!!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

Ah jeeez, useless game from him, don’t know where it goes from here...
Sleaky72

Post by Sleaky72 »

Poor guy the Leicester fans are seething @ him.
Really feel 4 the lad. If Vardy comes in and then
scores then the heat will be scorching.
olumide

Post by olumide »

He just seems like an incredibly fragile player. Worked so hard last year, fought his way into Leicester's team, then the National team, and was playing very good football last season, but now he's just back at square one. Just awful performances. They will ship him out in January or relegate him to the deep bench and he deserves it as much as I like him. All players hit bad form, but it's rare for them regress in terms of the basics when they aren't playing at their best. Kelechi is genuinely useless when he doesn't have confidence and it happens far too often.

olumide wrote:He just seems like an incredibly fragile player. Worked so hard last year, fought his way into Leicester's team, then the National team, and was playing very good football last season, but now he's just back at square one. Just awful performances. They will ship him out in January or relegate him to the deep bench and he deserves it as much as I like him. All players hit bad form, but it's rare for them regress in terms of the basics when they aren't playing at their best. Kelechi is genuinely useless when he doesn't have confidence and it happens far too often.
Kai, he needs to go anyways but can he pick things back up...

Barnes scores with Nacho sitting on bench.

Looks like he is going to waste his career at Leicester ..... Not one single trophy all he will have to show is money ......very sad

Tomorrow they will blame Rodgers and call him a demon on the mountain for benching Kelechi.

Like i said, fans are the true reason many players' careers are destroyed. They will never tell their favorite player the truth. They continue to lie to them and attack anybody who dares speaks the truth! The likes of Cassano and Balotelli have had their careers ruined because of fans

Please show me where I have been making this excuse for the past 3 YEARS? You are a liar. I call it the way I see it. You can beg to defer, but please don't accuse me wrongly

highbury wrote:

Please show me where I have been making this excuse for the past 3 YEARS? You are a liar. I call it the way I see it. You can beg to defer, but please don't accuse me wrongly
The evidence is all over this thread.

It is what it is bro...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72

Post by Sleaky72 »

Poor guy, he needs 2 leave and save his career.
A pro career is 2 short 2 mess around with.
Go find joy and money.
Doesn’t look like the EPL is a good fit 4 him.
His confidence must be totally shot right now.

As professional a minimum I would expect is that free kicks and penalty kicks are practiced so that come match day the process is automatic. The way Nacho took the penalty suggest no practice is taking place during training.

Flex Swift wrote:As professional a minimum I would expect is that free kicks and penalty kicks are practiced so that come match day the process is automatic. The way Nacho took the penalty suggest no practice is taking place during training.
...how do you, as a coach, insert a player in a position of responsibility with no practice or experience?
He scoffed the shot, just like the other naija boy some weeks back with a chance to win match for his side fluffed a pk at the last second.
Head on the shoulder at all time, match is not over until fat lady sing or sound the final whistle.
I don't care if it is the first minute, last minute or in between minutes, blast the damn thing.
After this many other players will continue to make senseless mistake at pk taking in the future.

Flex Swift wrote:As professional a minimum I would expect is that free kicks and penalty kicks are practiced so that come match day the process is automatic. The way Nacho took the penalty suggest no practice is taking place during training.
Rodgers said Kelechi took and scored about 5 pks very well in training and was the designated pk taker for the day. It happens.

Ugbowo wrote:
Rodgers said Kelechi took and scored about 5 pks very well in training and was the designated pk taker for the day. It happens.
He didn't look confident taking it, but was also a good save and it can happen. But its really the wrong time for it to be happening to him with everything else in perspective...

I know we all wish this man well in our on ways but lets also speak well of him.

He is a young man under contract , trying to make a living , get a british passport AND Unseat one of the best strikers if not the best in the PL for the last 4 years.

Haba guys it cannot be easy.

Siddonlook11 wrote:I know we all wish this man well in our on ways but lets also speak well of him.

He is a young man under contract , trying to make a living , get a british passport AND Unseat one of the best strikers if not the best in the PL for the last 4 years.

Haba guys it cannot be easy.
Is this really true or just a recycled myth that everybody seems to be repeating because others are saying the same thing with great authority?
What's the origin of this 'truth'.
Just asking. :idea:

the way some of una dey abuse kele because he missed a PK or isn't playing( this was his first EPL start) i wonder why some of una no fit blast the current SE manager named **** the same way..Kele nothing do you.. lift your head up, hope you get a running of games etc. ( this should be his last year contract wise at Leicester...hope he gets to play for a manager that gives him confidence... no be the same Dele Ali that was mr Spurs along with Kane... when a manager doesn't fancy you, forget about it ... except you are Messi/Cron..Manager's do make and break players.... no matter how hard you train or even score when you are given a limited time on the pitch..how man 90 mins games has Rogers given Kele in the last 2 and a half seasons?