2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v LEE [WK 16]

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Match against Weeds is going to be dangerous as they are a free flowing scoring team. Keeping them out will be an Herculean task but the good thing is they are porous at the back which should give the attackers to grab a goal or 2. Knowing JoMo he is going to let them play with the ball by dominating possession as he looks to counter attack. I believe this would be a 2 goal win to either side with both teams scoring.
Funny enough, this is a game tailored for you guys. There is a reason Mourinho used to b1tch slap Bielsa up and down in La Liga. Bielsa always played into Mourinho's hands and his tactics hasnt changed since Bilbao, unless he changes it for tomorrow.
You called it. Leeds are playing into Spurs hand by not defending properly and relying on their offensive potency. The problem with that tactic is that Spurs is solid somewhat defensively while Leeds are not giving Spurs attackers the opportunity to exploit and pick them apart.
When you watch football for a while, you pick up on patterns. Bielsa is Mourinho's b1tch! Mourinho always thrashes him up and down. Only way Tottenham does not win this comfortably is if they do the Spursy thing. Truth is, Game should be 6-0 by now, but your strikers do not think its the wise thing to score goals. O pa ri o!

P.s-- do not take this result to mean that your team is "back" or are "on fire." This is a Bielsa/Mourinho match-- isolated! You guys will generally be collecting 6 points from Leeds each year, so long as Bielsa and Mourinho remain.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Doherty finally gets a yellow
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Matt gets a silly yellow card for swinging his foot at a Leeds player.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

toyin133 wrote:Bergwijn needs deliverance
Not necessarily. Just needs to be put in his place -- 4th choice winger. Simply not good enough. Unfortunately, your other options are shocking.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane almost gets his second.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Ndombele almost finds Son for a counter.
lol. thats not "almost." Thats an arrogant striker who ignores 2 team mates in better positions, thinking he should be scoring from an acute angle. He has done it 3 times in this match. That is one reason why you are NO longer top of the league.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs need to score one more as we know even a 3 goal lead doesn't assure victory.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane tries for a Winks special
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane looking for the spectacular but misses the target. It would have been a good punt or field goal for a NFL team.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks failure to run away with the ball leads to another Leeds corner.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko on for Winks.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Sissoko on for Winks, backs to the wall time
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Moura for Ndombele but no Vinicius to give Kane a rest
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele comes off for Moura.

Hmmmm

When Ndombele comes that is often when Spurs start conceding.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

So who is playing 10?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele for Ndombele would have made sense instead of Moura.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

With the subs made just feels like JoMo is inviting pressure unnecessarily.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:With the subs made just feels like JoMo is inviting pressure unnecessarily.
I agree with that
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Finally Kane comes off for Vinicius
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane coming off for Vinicius.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

3 mins added time
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Honestly Spurs can be frustrating. Leeds is there for the taking but Jose has opted to take the pragmatic approach by closing shop.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Doherty gets a second yellow and a red, silly boy
Danny Blanchflower