WAFU U17 TOURNAMENT: NGR U17 0 vs 1 CIV U17 ETC ETC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
WAFU U17 TOURNAMENT: NGR U17 0 vs 1 CIV U17 ETC ETC

Post by oyek »

Goalless at the moment.

Link https://www.twitch.tv/nffonline
    Last edited by oyek on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    If not for Jesus, where will i be?
    oyek
    Egg
    Egg
    Re: NGR U17 vs CIV U17

Post by oyek »

CIV scores in the 77th minute.
    oyek
    Egg
    Egg
    Re: NGR U17 0 vs 1 CIV U17

Post by oyek »

These Eaglets team is really poor
    doctorollie
    Egg
    Egg

Post by doctorollie »

This is the worst set of Golden Eaglets I have watched! We need to declare a state of emergency on our youth football!

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

What exactly is Amaju's NFF doing? Just tendering the cash cow called Super Eagles isn't acceptable anymore! And please dont tell us it is development blah blah blah! It is developmental for all these other youth teams who are beating us up and down!
    oyek
    Egg
    Egg

Post by oyek »

doctorollie wrote:This is the worst set of Golden Eaglets I have watched! We need to declare a state of emergency on our youth football!

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

What exactly is Amaju's NFF doing? Just tendering the cash cow called Super Eagles isn't acceptable anymore! And please dont tell us it is development blah blah blah! It is developmental for all these other youth teams who are beating us up and down!
    They haven't given the youth teams enough attention this past couple of years to be honest.
    fabio
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by fabio »

doctorollie wrote:This is the worst set of Golden Eaglets I have watched! We need to declare a state of emergency on our youth football!

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

Sorry, the focus is SE and the main priority is convincing the likes of Eze, Tammy, Saka, etc to play for SE. SE is now a global brand and we need players who represent that Global nature!
    By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
    Bigpokey24
    Super Eagle
    Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

The SE will be out of the WCQs as well.. come 2022
    SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
    My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
    It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
    All rights aren't reserved
    delisyomie don
    Egg
    Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

is all this qualifiers still meaningful? because no under 17 and under 21 of 2021 .

https://www.sproutwired.com/fifa-cancel ... -epidemic/

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/12/ ... %20release.
    thanks
    Enugu II
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The policy and focus changes continue to take their toll. .... and counting.
    The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
    Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
    Orion
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Orion »

delisyomie don wrote:is all this qualifiers still meaningful? because no under 17 and under 21 of 2021 .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup

The FIFA tournaments have indeed been cancelled but it seems the African championships are still going ahead.
    FIFA has canceled the 2021 U-17 and U-20 World Cups due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the federation announced in a Thursday release.

The U-17 World Cup was originally slated to take place in Peru and the U-20 World Cup in Indonesia, with FIFA also announcing that both countries will now be hosting the respective tournaments in 2023.

"The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges for the hosting of international sporting events and to have a restrictive effect on international travel," FIFA said in Thursday's statement. "FIFA has therefore regularly consulted the relevant stakeholders, including the host member associations as well as the confederations involved in both tournaments originally scheduled to take place in 2021.

"In doing so, it became clear that the global situation has failed to normalize to a sufficient level to address the challenges associated with hosting both tournaments, including the feasibility of the relevant qualification pathways."

The United States U-20s have reached the quarterfinals in each of the last three U-20 World Cups, while the U-17s made the quarterfinals in 2017.
    "I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
    Orion
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Orion »

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

They're not out yet. Still 3 more games to go. Two against Ghana and a return match against CIV.

The FIFA-U17 tournament has been cancelled though so I don't know if this will affect the motivation of the team.
    doctorollie
    Egg
    Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Orion wrote:

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

They're not out yet. Still 3 more games to go. Two against Ghana and a return match against CIV.

The FIFA-U17 tournament has been cancelled though so I don't know if this will affect the motivation of the team.
    The team I watched today will not beat an U 13 Oshodi United team let alone the Ghanaian team!
    Orion
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Orion »

doctorollie wrote:
    Orion wrote:

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

The team I watched today will not beat an U 13 Oshodi United team let alone the Ghanaian team!
    It'll likely not be the same team. I'm sure they'll revamp the team.

But again, the expectation for this competition for our boys is to compete at the FIFA-U17 tournament. That motivation is now gone with the cancellation. The next one is 2023 and that will be another set of youths.
    Odas
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:

U 23 out!
    U 20 out!
    U 17 out!

Sorry, the focus is SE and the main priority is convincing the likes of Eze, Tammy, Saka, etc to play for SE. SE is now a global brand and we need players who represent that Global nature!
    So what you are saying is, as long as the SE is doing well, our other teams should be forgotten? How well is the SE doing by the way?
    And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
    Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
    olu
    Egg
    Egg

Post by olu »

The WAFU and African tournaments provide our boys with international exposure, tournament experience, and a chance to be scouted. I'm glad these tournaments are going on despite the U17 World cup being cancelled. Let's see how they respond in the next game. Hope there is an improvement.
    delisyomie don wrote:is all this qualifiers still meaningful? because no under 17 and under 21 of 2021 .

Odas
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hmm! Obviously not important anymore based on the content of the article in the first link. But what if these qualifers are used for the 2023 tournaments?
    And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
    Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
    delisyomie don
    Egg
    Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

i dont think they will use it for 2023 tournaments because the ages will be different,and it will be new set of people that will qualify for the age bracket.

Odas wrote:

Hmm! Obviously not important anymore based on the content of the article in the first link. But what if these qualifers are used for the 2023 tournaments?
    thanks
    fabio
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Odas wrote: So what you are saying is, as long as the SE is doing well, our other teams should be forgotten? How well is the SE doing by the way?
    I am only repeating what Pinnick said.
    By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
    chuks69
    Egg
    Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Thats the results of selecting man know man as coaches.. Select the best youth coaches and see results
    afc##
    paj
    Flying Eagle
    Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Just asking...how much bigger were the Ivorian men..I mean..boys? :evil:
    The Brunch Mixtape Project
    Available on all major streaming platforms :)
    Tobi17
    Egg
    Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Seems to me like we have a worrying dearth of quality coaches in Nigeria... I'm surprised nobody is talking about that part.
    Otitokoro
    Egg
    Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

...and a glut of half-baked coaches, who aren't competent enough to coach a primary school team, let alone a professional squad.
    Tobi17 wrote:Seems to me like we have a worrying dearth of quality coaches in Nigeria... I'm surprised nobody is talking about that part.
    joao
    Egg
    Egg

Post by joao »

What do we expect, when we are fully relying on others to develop talents
    so we can go begging, for them to come wear our colors?
    Just like most things in the country, those in charge do not bother to develop
    the citizens but soon as those in diaspora succeed, that's when they start eyeing
    how they can reap where they did not sow.
    I'm sure Pinick and his fellow travelers have their excuses properly lined up.
    "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
    governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges