Mikel vs Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kawawa
Egg
Egg
Mikel vs Ndidi

Post by kawawa »

Watching these two in FA cup game. Amazing for the last 3 decades we can say we have consistently had world class DMs. Oliseh, Mikel, Ndidi. Who’s next?
Nacho riding the pine with Perez as striker!
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel vs Ndidi

Post by highbury »

kawawa wrote:Watching these two in FA cup game. Amazing for the last 3 decades we can say we have consistently had world class DMs. Oliseh, Mikel, Ndidi. Who’s next?
You beat me to it. Good tactical battle
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Too much premier league quality for Stoke to cope with. 2-0 with 30 mins left.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

kawawa wrote:Watching these two in FA cup game. Amazing for the last 3 decades we can say we have consistently had world class DMs. Oliseh, Mikel, Ndidi. Who’s next?

The kid in Denmark seems to be the only Up and coming DM unless Ejaria is considered a DM. Imho, NWAKALI should be converted to DM.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:
The stark difference in age and pace between the two midfielders couldn't be more obvious than from the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaA2AiNWPVo[/video]

Leading up to Leicester's third goal, at 3:18 you see Ndidi about 2m behind Mikel as Leicester commence an attack on the right flank.
Five seconds later at 3:23 you see how Ndidi has put clear daylight between him and his Oga as Leicester slot the ball into the net.

From a different angle at about 3:34 you can see how Ndidi easily motors past Mikel, leaving him for dead. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Ah-ah? No respect. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:
The stark difference in age and pace between the two midfielders couldn't be more obvious than from the video below.

Leading up to Leicester's third goal, at 3:18 you see Ndidi about 2m behind Mikel as Leicester commence an attack on the right flank.
Five seconds later at 3:23 you see how Ndidi has put clear daylight between him and his Oga as Leicester slot the ball into the net.

From a different angle at about 3:34 you can see how Ndidi easily motors past Mikel, leaving him for dead. :boo: :boo: :boo:

That's Mikel for you, Don't think I ever saw him really running, even in his prime, he preferred jogging, he even said this in one interview. Am sure thats why he hardly made overlapping runs during his Chelsea days.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

People typing as if they'd pick a 25 year old Ndidi over a 25 year old Mikel.. :roll:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:

You do realize Mike is abot 10yrs older playing just to keep fit and feed his twins. Pls , show us a video that suggests Ndidi is fit to lick his boots when he was the same age as Ndidi.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:

You do realize Mike is abot 10yrs older playing just to keep fit and feed his twins. Pls , show us a video that suggests Ndidi is fit to lick his boots when he was the same age as Ndidi.
:laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:

You do realise that I highlighted the effect of AGE ab initio, right?
That was the whole point of my post! To emphasise how age takes its toll.
Check my post well. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:

:laugh:
This is 2021 and you are STILL no smarter. :taunt:
See as you dey laugh yourself.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

From a different angle at about 3:34 you can see how Ndidi easily motors past Mikel, leaving him for dead
these were your exact quotes .... you tried to cap on Mikel
stop catching feeling , you compared the pace of a 24 year old with that of a 35 year old :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote:
Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:

That's Mikel for you, Don't think I ever saw him really running, even in his prime, he preferred jogging, he even said this in one interview. Am sure thats why he hardly made overlapping runs during his Chelsea days.
I was about to say, during his prime it was the same thing, he's just been slow all his career, remember his paddy Solo Kalou ribbing him that he was the slowest player on the team. I'm sure its worse now, but lets not make it seem like he used to chase players down before or was fast. But he did his job adequately in spite of his limitations, which is likely why he was moved to and used as a DM by every club coach.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
From a different angle at about 3:34 you can see how Ndidi easily motors past Mikel, leaving him for dead
these were your exact quotes .... you tried to cap on Mikel
stop catching feeling , you compared the pace of a 24 year old with that of a 35 year old :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You really are not very bright and this is why since 2018 I have been pointing out the consequences of your lack of formal education. :taunt:
Nuance and subtlety are completely lost on you.

FYI (*sigh*)...the sentence you highlight is there simply to illustrate the ONLY point I make in my post - the stark difference that AGE makes to the performance of top footballers like Mikel.

Olodo rapata.