Transfer Rumours

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Akure4Life
Egg
Egg
Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Akure4Life »

Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Who is this guy?

Fabrizio Romano: Arsenal wants to sign Kasımpaşa's 22-year-old Nigerian forward, Atto Abbas, in January. They have been following the young talent closely for several months.

Atto Abbas: 'Attacking midfield and attacker are the positions that I am good at.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Tosin Aiyegun of FC Zurich to Lyon? Its also on Owngoal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjji2GQxVtY[/video]
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

chief nfachairman wrote:Tosin Aiyegun of FC Zurich to Lyon? Its also on Owngoal

Date of birth 28 June 1998 (age 22)
Place of birth Lagos, Nigeria[1]
Height 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)[1]
Playing position(s) Forward
Club information
Current team
Zürich
Number 15
Youth career
Real Sapphire[1]
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2017–2019 Ventspils 72 (33)
2019– Zürich 18 (7)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man i really like this kid. Fast and direct.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:

Man i really like this kid. Fast and direct.
Him and Paul Mukairu are definitely ones to watch
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Akure4Life wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54507527

How did we miss him?
Players develop differently and it is difficult to predict accurately how good a player will be when the player is so young given medical, maturity, psychological and several other issues. In my view, the certainty of a player reaching top level is quite difficult to predict until the player is close to 20 in many cases.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=38329

Germany is ahead of Nigeria for Jamie Lawrence
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Akure4Life wrote:https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=38329

That height get as ee be for an outfield footballer. Agility, speed go be questions if you ask me. Hopefully, he does not grow much taller.

In any case, I really do not think any player born in Europe will have Nigeria as #1 option if the player is good enough to play for the country where he resides. This is nothing against Nigeria, specifically. Instead, it simply does not make sense it in the terms of human comfort and socialization. If a kid is born in Nigeria to German parents and has grown up around other Nigerian kids, that kid is likely to rank Nigeria ahead of Germany.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Enugu II wrote:

That height get as ee be for an outfield footballer. Agility, speed go be questions if you ask me. Hopefully, he does not grow much taller.

In any case, I really do not think any player born in Europe will have Nigeria as #1 option if the player is good enough to play for the country where he resides. This is nothing against Nigeria, specifically. Instead, it simply does not make sense it in the terms of human comfort and socialization. If a kid is born in Nigeria to German parents and has grown up around other Nigerian kids, that kid is likely to rank Nigeria ahead of Germany.

I don't think a German kid born and raised in Nigeria will choose Nigeria over Germany.

I remember one Italian striker who was born and raised in Australia but played for Italy

He had a proper Aussie accent too
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Akure4Life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I don't think a German kid born and raised in Nigeria will choose Nigeria over Germany.

I remember one Italian striker who was born and raised in Australia but played for Italy

Then we (Nigeria) have a bigger problem!! No way will a kid born to Nigerian parents in Europe or United States choose to platy for Nigeria ahead of those countries except in a case where the kid feels he may not get an opportunity with those countries. We have seen that case repeatedly and, in my view, not surprising about that. It is all about comfort level.

If you now state that a kid who has socialized a lot with Nigerian kids in Nigeria will instead choose to play for a European country of his parents' birth, then we even have a bigger problem at hand. I hope you are wrong because that would appear to go against the grain of socialization.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:

Then we (Nigeria) have a bigger problem!! No way will a kid born to Nigerian parents in Europe or United States choose to platy for Nigeria ahead of those countries except in a case where the kid feels he may not get an opportunity with those countries. We have seen that case repeatedly and, in my view, not surprising about that. It is all about comfort level.

If you now state that a kid who has socialized a lot with Nigerian kids in Nigeria will instead choose to play for a European country of his parents' birth, then we even have a bigger problem at hand. I hope you are wrong because that would appear to go against the grain of socialization.
That is the core issue right there - but remember the kid may rightly but also wrongly feel he has "no opportunity".

In countries that have an embarrassment of riches (eg, imagine Maradona and Messi being of the same generation) a very talented kid could feel he will make the pick but eventually doesn't, while another might feel he won't make it but does. Add to that the varying rates at which kids develop (late bloomers, early peakers etc) then its to a degree a guessing game.
You win some, you lose some but you don't give up the fight for quality. No-one is going to give you any brownie points for 'gentlemanly behaviour' In the war arena that is the World Cup or even AFCON.
For what? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This is why the NFF's 'early strike' policy should not be rubbished. It should be encouraged. We are mostly talking about young players on the rise here, not seasoned 'rejects' like Sola Ameobi and Danny Shittu.

I really don't know why there is such a reluctance for Nigerians to join in this dog-eat-dog world that is the modern game today. I think it is hypocritical tbh - especially coming from those of us that have emigrated out to the west with our higher skills.

We have no problem hiring out our skills and services to the highest global bidder for the benefit of their societies and to the absolute detriment of ours, yet we whinge and whine and shed crocodile tears about ''reaping where we did not sow'' when recruiting bona fide diaspora Nigerians for a game of football!
Who or what is impacting more negatively on Nigeria - the unrelenting 'brain drain' or the 20-30 odd foreign born footballers that over time get invited to play for the SE?

It's a ridiculous argument to be having in 2020 and as far as I am concerned it is driven by a mixed bag of naivety, ego, racism, personality politics, identity ambiguities and a misplaced sense of patriotism.

Go for the very best available wherever they might be, and while you're at it, fix the local league to be the best it can be.
They are not mutually exclusive. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:This is why the NFF's 'early strike' policy should not be rubbished. It should be encouraged. We are mostly talking about young players on the rise here, not seasoned 'rejects' like Sola Ameobi and Danny Shittu.
It's in poor taste to refer to ex-internationals Sola Ameobi and Danny Shittu as seasoned 'rejects'

With regards to the NFF early 'early strike' policy. The truth of the matter is any player like Tammy, Saka etc will choose England, Germany, France etc first. Those who have no hope of playing England, Germany, France etc will choose the SE.

Even those who have little hope of playing for the county of their birth i.e. Sam Billings Denmark, rejected the SE offer.

Invest in your country by building and developing your football infrastructure and youth teams and your league.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:This is why the NFF's 'early strike' policy should not be rubbished. It should be encouraged. We are mostly talking about young players on the rise here, not seasoned 'rejects' like Sola Ameobi and Danny Shittu.
It's in poor taste to refer to ex-internationals Sola Ameobi and Danny Shittu as seasoned 'rejects'
I'm only using the derogatory language of you and your "ilks'.
How come you never objected to such a description before now?
Or is your problem with the word 'seasoned'?
With regards to the NFF early 'early strike' policy. The truth of the matter is any player like Tammy, Saka etc will choose England, Germany, France etc first. Those who have no hope of playing England, Germany, France etc will choose the SE.
Even those who have little hope of playing for the county of their birth i.e. Sam Billings Denmark, rejected the SE offer
Story. Time will surely prove you naysayers wrong.
We want the best eligible players from anywhere in the world, not a quota.
I'd take a 'no hoper' like Eze or Lookman over a quota'd Adamessi or Gbaradonna any day.

Invest in your country by building and developing your football infrastructure and youth teams and your league.
So why are you not doing all that?
Because you have seen Tammy, Tomori and Billings?
Ever heard of two things not being mutually exclusive?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

look at Damunk attempting to give advise again. Tufiakwa! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

fabio wrote:

Even those who have little hope of playing for the county of their birth i.e. Sam Billings Denmark, rejected the SE offer.

Big Danny Shittu and the other traitor whom I shall not name were the most seasoned of rejects.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:

I agree with you totally.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ligue 1 team, St. Etienne have submitted a bid to FC Zurich for 22 year old Nigerian striker, Tosin Aiyegun.
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I really like Aiyegun. He's fast, direct and strong on the ball, and has an eye for a goal. Eager to see how he will fare in a stronger league when the time comes.
Dammy wrote:Ligue 1 team, St. Etienne have submitted a bid to FC Zurich for 22 year old Nigerian striker, Tosin Aiyegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olu wrote:I really like Aiyegun. He's fast, direct and strong on the ball, and has an eye for a goal. Eager to see how he will fare in a stronger league when the time comes.
Dammy wrote:Ligue 1 team, St. Etienne have submitted a bid to FC Zurich for 22 year old Nigerian striker, Tosin Aiyegun.
That boy has real potential. He's skillful,powerful and likely faster than Musa was at his prime. I see him more as a potential wingback or maybe even a RB. Hope it works out.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Tella, a Nigerian origin player came on for Southampton against Liverpool.

Any info on him?
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Akure4Life wrote:Tella, a Nigerian origin player came on for Southampton against Liverpool.

Any info on him?
He's a decent winger but E that position is staked for SE. Even with his Britico card e go tay before get gets a call other Han to captive him and hope he turns out to be world class.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Hot rumour! The basketballer, Onuachu, is off to Lyon!!
I am happy