WAFU U17 TOURNAMENT: NGR U17 0 vs 1 CIV U17 ETC ETC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NGR U17 0 vs 1 CIV U17

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote:Seems to me like we have a worrying dearth of quality coaches in Nigeria... I'm surprised nobody is talking about that part.

We have good coaches but Pinnich keeps hiring unqualified individuals like Bosso and Amaoo. Someone like Seyi Olofinjana would have been perfect as the U17 coach.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

In their ongoing 2nd match against Ghana, halftime at the moment, the eaglets are playing much better than in the first match. They can win this game with more determination.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Golden Eaglets 0-0 Ghana U17. HT
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Amoo is old, but is one of the more respected local coaches we have. Didn't think Bosso was a great fit.

I agree that we should be looking at some of the younger up and coming coaches, however, we don't know if Seyi would have been interested in the U17 job.
bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Seems to me like we have a worrying dearth of quality coaches in Nigeria... I'm surprised nobody is talking about that part.

We have good coaches but Pinnich keeps hiring unqualified individuals like Bosso and Amaoo. Someone like Seyi Olofinjana would have been perfect as the U17 coach.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

1-1. 86 min
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Pretty much a repeat of what happened with the U20s.
Leading with barely 7 mins to go, coach decides not to park the bus, even though he knew his two centerbacks were as slow as snails.
This is what Nigeria gets (and deserves) when you decide to go with over the hill, intellectually bereft coaches in Bozo the clown and Amoo.
oyek wrote:1-1. 86 min
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

1-1. FT
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Otitokoro wrote:Pretty much a repeat of what happened with the U20s.
Leading with barely 7 mins to go, coach decides not to park the bus, even though he knew his two centerbacks were as slow as snails.
This is what Nigeria gets (and deserves) when you decide to go with over the hill, intellectually bereft coaches in Bozo the clown and Amoo.
oyek wrote:1-1. 86 min
I won't solely blame the coach, he did his best despite the circumstances. The blame is on the administrators in NFF, the old fashioned late preparation and lackadaisical approach in assembling the team reared it ugly head.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The Ivorian and Ghanaian teams were in camp pretty much about the same amount of time as the Nigerian U20 and U17 teams, so that negates the 'late preparation' argument. I would argue that game management techniques (or the lack thereof) was the prevailing issue here.
And when you have two coaches who are completely out of tune with modern day tactics and strategizing, guess what, you have mediocrity. Both Bozo and Amoo were way over their heads here.
oyek wrote: I won't solely blame the coach, he did his best despite the circumstances. The blame is on the administrators in NFF, the old fashioned late preparation and lackadaisical approach in assembling the team reared it ugly head.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The NFF always gets away with murder because we find it easy to always blame the coach without even looking at the preparations.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

doctorollie wrote:
Orion wrote:
doctorollie wrote:This is the worst set of Golden Eaglets I have watched! We need to declare a state of emergency on our youth football!

U 23 out!
U 20 out!
U 17 out!

What exactly is Amaju's NFF doing? Just tendering the cash cow called Super Eagles isn't acceptable anymore! And please dont tell us it is development blah blah blah! It is developmental for all these other youth teams who are beating us up and down!
They're not out yet. Still 3 more games to go. Two against Ghana and a return match against CIV.

The FIFA-U17 tournament has been cancelled though so I don't know if this will affect the motivation of the team.
The team I watched today will not beat an U 13 Oshodi United team let alone the Ghanaian team!

I knew this team wouldn't do Jack! Lol.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Good. The NFF must focus majority of it´s resources and attention to the SE. That´s what really important.

Let´s not forget the NFF is copying England (Premier League). The only problem is they forgot to copy the St George Park and England´s success in the u-17 and u-21 World cup.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Otitokoro wrote:The Ivorian and Ghanaian teams were in camp pretty much about the same amount of time as the Nigerian U20 and U17 teams, so that negates the 'late preparation' argument. I would argue that game management techniques (or the lack thereof) was the prevailing issue here.
And when you have two coaches who are completely out of tune with modern day tactics and strategizing, guess what, you have mediocrity. Both Bozo and Amoo were way over their heads here.
oyek wrote: I won't solely blame the coach, he did his best despite the circumstances. The blame is on the administrators in NFF, the old fashioned late preparation and lackadaisical approach in assembling the team reared it ugly head.
While I agree that there are other better coaches, we do not know the recruitment process of these other countries. There age-grade players were probably sourced from a single academy and that makes them more cohesive and better understanding even before they are called to national camp; Asec Mimosas(CIV), for example, supply a huge chunk of players for age-grade competitions. I doubt if Fatai Amoo had up to a month to assemble these current eaglets.
Last edited by oyek on Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Do you guys realize this is the youngest U17 Nigeria has ever produced. lol

CAF has been taking grade 5 (Borderline) MRI test results but they mentioned that this time around, any team whose player fails the MRS test, gets disqualified.

So NFF decided to go with Grade 3 andnot even grade for, and 40 out of the 60 that did the test 3/4weeks ago got knocked out.

CAF have even confirmed Nigeria is the "youngest" team in the tournament. Havent you noticed those other african teams bully our boys and they are big compared to our guys?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:Do you guys realize this is the youngest U17 Nigeria has ever produced. lol

CAF has been taking grade 5 (Borderline) MRI test results but they mentioned that this time around, any team whose player fails the MRS test, gets disqualified.

So NFF decided to go with Grade 3 andnot even grade for, and 40 out of the 60 that did the test 3/4weeks ago got knocked out.

CAF have even confirmed Nigeria is the "youngest" team in the tournament. Havent you noticed those other african teams bully our boys and they are big compared to our guys?
and your point? we should use overage? una see this bobo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Togo, the host country, has been thrown out of the competition due to failed MRI.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Poor preparation is rubbing off on Eaglets at WAFU U-17 tournament, says Nwosu
By Samuel Ifetoye
12 January 2021 | 4:16 am
Former international, Henry Nwosu, has put the blame of Golden Eaglets’ not too impressive performance at the ongoing WAFU U-17 Cup of Nations in Kegue, Togo, on shoddy preparation. He said this has characterised national teams preparations for any major tournament over the years.

The Eaglets’ hope of qualifying for the next round of the cadet championship in Togo now depends on Cote d’Ivoire beating Ghana in the last Group B game for Nigeria to stand a chance of any qualification. The Ivoiriens had earlier beaten the Nigerians 1-0 in the first match, while the Eaglets were forced to a 1-1 draw in their second match against the Ghanaian Starlets.

Speaking to The Guardian yesterday, the former coach of the Golden Eaglets said that despite the restriction by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 pandemic, that the boys should have been allowed to be in camp with the PTF’s protocols observed to put the boys in proper shape for the competition, which date had already been fixed.

“Like I always say, our main problem in this country has been ill preparation when it comes to getting ready for any major competition. The truth is that we don’t prepare well enough and we expect to get what we don’t deserve and this is really affecting many Nigerians emotionally.

“I don’t see any reason we cannot call these boys to camp for them to train together and get used to one another since we knew that the date of the competition had been fixed. All what we needed to have done was to call these boys to camp and let them have the kind of training deserving of a team preparing for a major competition with all protocols on COVID-19 duly observed.

“They might not be playing full 11-aside game, it could even be a seven-aside warm up training that could also include joggling with the ball and all that just to make sure that they are in top shape,” he said, adding that the same ill-preparation has been the bane of the country’s football, hence, the national teams don’t do well.

“Unfortunately, we don’t prepare our teams well for major championships and this is the same problem everyone has been complaining about our national teams for years now. The same problem is what the Eaglets are having now in Togo; struggling to beat countries at the cadet championship that we once dominated. This is sad for our football development,” he stated.

https://t.guardian.ng/sport/poor-prepar ... ays-nwosu/
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

chief nfachairman wrote:Do you guys realize this is the youngest U17 Nigeria has ever produced. lol

That is not an excuse ! The other teams equally came with smaller (younger) players to this competition as CAF new rule automatically disqualifies a National team if any of its players fails the MRI test. I have seen the Beninoise, Ivorians and Ghananian National team, trust me those guys don't look much different to our players in terms of maturity. The Benionoise U-17 team for example looks like secondary schoolboys ! Our team did not prepare on time for this competition and that is the problem !
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
BURKINASO U17 (0) VS NIGERIA U17 (1)

Post by doctorollie »

Nigeria currently leading the semi final match by a goal!

6 minutes left.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Re: BURKINASO U17 (0) VS NIGERIA U17 (1)

Post by doctorollie »

This set of Golden Eaglets know how to waste time. They haven't allowed the Burkinabes any form of rhythm to their game since Nigeria scored!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Referee awards Burkina faso a dangerous FK
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

doctorollie wrote:Referee awards Burkina faso a dangerous FK
Over the bar! Lol

Match ends!