The day that Cameroon shocked the world

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
akamoke
Re: The day that Cameroon shocked the world

Post by akamoke »

Remember they finished with 9 men against the then world champions and still came up top, that must count for some level of respect

In my view the most successful African team to date

Ghana might have something to say about it though
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Good squad that went about the biznez..unlike Ghana that didnt enter world cup until 2006 come begin shout and dance Azonto like dem don arrive :sneaky:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

oloye wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
oloye wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:How did they shut down the fearsome Argentine attack of Maradona, Canniggia, Balbo and Burruchaga?

Meanwhile we are 0-5 against these mofos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uIUg9ovP0[/video]
By kicking the living daylights out of them after going one up. :lol:
They were just introducing them to real African football. :tic:

Given your expertise :thumbs: on the football field, I'm sure you enjoyed that game very much :mrgreen:

No mind us wey dey play like ajebo every time we meet Argentina on the green grass. Na dat nonsense referee in 1994 wey scare us sotay we no fit play correct African game again.
I thoroughly enjoyed having followed their world Cup exploits from the 82 world Cup when they did not lose any game. In this game they physically manhandled the Argies. The Cameroon team of that era was beauty and the beast combined. If you want it beautiful they would give it to you and if you want rough their henchmen in Kana and Massing who looks more like a bouncer than a footballer and Steven Tawtaw, I don't even know how those two can move with those thighs and the barrel sized chest they bring onto the field.

When Massing kicked Cannigia and the poor guy lost his boot, I almost fell off my chair. Yes I enjoyed the physical side of the game, but dammit, these guys almost committed genocide with the way they rough handled the Argies. That leap by Oman or who was it that scored the goal again, that leap cannot be called a jump, it was out of this jump, that was agility at its best.

That team dey alway sweet my belle what they did to the Argies, they got two reds, but they had kicked the fear of God into the Argies the shadows of the two that were sent out was still haunting the Argies making them believe the Indomitable Lions were still 11.

That was when those guys just ground their African counterparts to dust, yes including Nigeria, ask the 84 team to the ANC hosted by Ivory Coast how they were annihilated
What has been lost in all of this was that Argentina were a team full of brutes themselves but as they say "shoe get size"