Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Cito »

mcal wrote:
Cito wrote:
mcal wrote:
Cito wrote:
joplass wrote:Areola is a serious keeper. This scoreline should have been at least 1 - 4.
After he dashed them one goal. :D
...which of the 2 goals was a dash?
Did you watch the game? If not, check the highlight and pay special attention to the first ManU goal. :D
...parried the ball while his defenders were slow to react and a lone united striker got there before them, and you blame him for that?
No he didn't parry the ball , he fumbled an easy ball. Its not that hard to be objective bro especially with video evidence. He had a good game but made an error that led to a goal. It is that simple.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... nuary-2021

Check at 1:15 mins. It is clear as day.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu fans how market today?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

How do you lose to Shefield? The team line up was wack. This OGS guy does not know when to be serious.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

joplass wrote:How do you lose to Shefield? The team line up was wack. This OGS guy does not know when to be serious.
Notice even when United was top of the table none of the resident CE United fans were convinced, we all know such stuff is always around the corner with this United team of Ole Gunnar :laugh:
This is business as usual.
A fight to finish top 4 is the more realistic milestone, a proper title challenge would surprise many a die hard United fan
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

@wiseone, Mark, @brazil, what's the deal with Donny Van De Beek.
Ole doesn't seem interested in starting him.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Like GNev said (and I believe): VDB was probably signed in the expectation that he would replace someone that was going to leave. Maybe someone with a mouthy agent...
benteke wrote:@wiseone, Mark, @brazil, what's the deal with Donny Van De Beek.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lol same here... and I don't think Ole was involved in that business.
wiseone wrote:Like GNev said (and I believe): VDB was probably signed in the expectation that he would replace someone that was going to leave. Maybe someone with a mouthy agent...
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I like VDB but with Ole, he is in a very difficult situation.

Whatever Ole has been doing is working very well for him in the league where United have been a huge surprise package this season but won't change the fact that he has clearly built a reputation as a bottler whenever it's time to mount the throne. There is something about his decision making and attitude inhibiting him from getting to the next level. He is predictably unpredictable, and comes across as his own worst enemy. The strange thing is that I see a lot of Sir Alex Ferguson in him. That unpredictability is his strength and the moment his players fully adapt to the mayhem approach they become extremely difficult for opponents to unravel. We are already seeing signs of this and I think his major struggle now is to overcome the mental barrier of a trophy - any trophy. United under Ole looks like a team that will dominate for a long time whenever the management finally borrow some sense and fully replace the deadwoods in the team with better players. However, don't ever expect any tactical masterclass from Ole... he can fluke into scenarios that looks exactly that way once in a while in some matches but it's clear who, and what, he is not.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:I like VDB but with Ole, he is in a very difficult situation.

Whatever Ole has been doing is working very well for him in the league where United have been a huge surprise package this season but won't change the fact that he has clearly built a reputation as a bottler whenever it's time to mount the throne. There is something about his decision making and attitude inhibiting him from getting to the next level. He is predictably unpredictable, and comes across as his own worst enemy. The strange thing is that I see a lot of Sir Alex Ferguson in him. That unpredictability is his strength and the moment his players fully adapt to the mayhem approach they become extremely difficult for opponents to unravel. We are already seeing signs of this and I think his major struggle now is to overcome the mental barrier of a trophy - any trophy. United under Ole looks like a team that will dominate for a long time whenever the management finally borrow some sense and fully replace the deadwoods in the team with better players. However, don't ever expect any tactical masterclass from Ole... he can fluke into scenarios that looks exactly that way once in a while in some matches but it's clear who, and what, he is not.
shame no catch you to show face here? Sheff use United get them first win at Old Toilet...my goodness....big shame to you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bigpokey24 wrote:shame no catch you to show face here? Sheff use United get them first win at Old Toilet...my goodness....big shame to you
...and who told you shame no catch me to show face here? :mrgreen:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I could not help but laugh when you said you can spot some similarities with Sir Fergie, I was going to say to you..... Look across the bench to the assistant manager who was Fergie's right hand man.... That is where the similarities lies. Ole is simply following the template Fergie developed, the one Moysey pushed aside and paid for dearly. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:

I could not help but laugh when you said you can spot some similarities with Sir Fergie, I was going to say to you..... Look across the bench to the assistant manager who was Fergie's right hand man.... That is where the similarities lies. Ole is simply following the template Fergie developed, the one Moysey pushed aside and paid for dearly. :lol:
:thumb: Yes I agree Egbon, it's obvious he's been leveraging Uncle Mike's experience but I decided to give him his credit as the manager... the decision to sink or swim with that template belong to him.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Like GNev said (and I believe): VDB was probably signed in the expectation that he would replace someone that was going to leave. Maybe someone with a mouthy agent...
That's actually sad.

I may be getting ahead of myself here but i think Van De Beek started vs Liverpool in the FA Cup game and United was managing Liverpool well game wise.
I think he is a player who brings a lot of unseen work to the naked eye, especially against the big teams.

It's sad that Ole doesn't trust him more to start games.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I do not think it is a case of OGS not trusting him. On current form VDB does not deserve a place in the starting 11. He is an AM and Man Utd already has Fernandes and two World Cup winners and a Champions League winner playing in that role. Even if OGS tried to repurpose him as a DM, Fred has been doing a great impression of Kante and "Three Lungs Park" this season and McTominay and Matic have been playing well. 9 midfielders slugging it out for 3 positions. There is a reason why Lingard and Pereira went out on loan.

Speaking of competition, isn't it interesting how Luke Shaw started playing the best football of his Man Utd career after the cub signed Telles? Ditto DDG suddenly rediscovering his form when an England international GK came back from loan. Or how Pogba started playing well when Man U signed two other players to play in his position?

Competition does wonders...

benteke wrote: That's actually sad.

I may be getting ahead of myself here but i think Van De Beek started vs Liverpool in the FA Cup game and United was managing Liverpool well game wise.
I think he is a player who brings a lot of unseen work to the naked eye, especially against the big teams.

It's sad that Ole doesn't trust him more to start games.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Squad pruning continues: Mark Red off to Boca Juniors, Lingard on loan to West Ham, Smalling to Roma, and Fosu-Mensah sold to Bayer Leverkusen. Phil Jones (remember him?) to be added to the squad whenever he gets fit, and Pellestri to also go out on loan. Many players out on loan: Pereira, Dalot, Pereira, Lingard, Chong, Garner.

Man Utd still paying for some disastrous transfer decisions under LVG:

1) Selling Zaha, Nani, Rafael, Evans, and Welbeck, and "replacing" them with Di Maria, Depay, Darmian, Mark Red, and Falcao.

2) Evans (who was sold for 7.4m) now plays for a top 4 team and has played 189 games since. Mark Red has been injured for more than 50% of the time since he joined, and has played 90 minutes of football only 7 times in the last 3.5 years. SMH
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

Rather strange this thread is so quiet despite United's 9-0 Southampton rout eh? :D :D I'm sure if United lost the game, this thread would've extended ten pages. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: to fake fans and bad belle people :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
KK
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Kunle wrote:Rather strange this thread is so quiet despite United's 9-0 Southampton rout eh? :D :D I'm sure if United lost the game, this thread would've extended ten pages. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: to fake fans and bad belle people :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:lol: :lol:
We are waiting for the likes of Kajifu to update us.
Just another match but they did very well to take full advantage of the first red card and I like the fact that they didn't stop pushing for more goals till the last second of the match. I love the ruthlessness, and for the first time in years we are seeing a clear progression. I think it's great to have a quietly effective manager that is not a prima-donna, and I love the way he has proved me wrong so far but there is still enough time for him to mess things up :mrgreen: .

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lingaard that could not get a game with Manu U scored a double today against Villa!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wanaj0 wrote:Lingaard that could not get a game with Manu U scored a double today against Villa!
...too many good players in one position at United, good for him to go get game time somewhere else.
Like our own Ighalo was sidelined when other good players returned from injury.
Such is life at the top. Tough.
Look at their captain Maguire, he has been going full throttle ever since, one day na one day him go crack and defense go be porous and needing help.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kunle wrote:Rather strange this thread is so quiet despite United's 9-0 Southampton rout eh? :D :D I'm sure if United lost the game, this thread would've extended ten pages. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: to fake fans and bad belle people :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Are you watching the Everton game, United was leading 2-0 and suddenly i its 2-2 in a few minutes.
No wonder this thread goes quiet even when United wins, you never know what's around the corner, it's a team full of defensive blunders :laugh:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

My days, United did score again it was 3-2 and then at the last minute Everton equalised.

3-3 it ended :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
Are you watching the Everton game, United was leading 2-0 and suddenly i its 2-2 in a few minutes.
No wonder this thread goes quiet even when United wins, you never know what's around the corner, it's a team full of defensive blunders :laugh:
Yes, their blunders are always unbelievable and often comical... that's why the fans don't trust Ole at this point. Everton's 3rd goal came off of the same positional errors defending set-pieces that we have seen 'millions' of times that it has become so predictable. Last minute, leading by a lone goal and you see about 5 United players marking NOBODY
in their own box and the goalkeeper scared to make a challenge. That's why most United fans prefer a half-fit Bailly to the clowns in the heart of their backline. Yet, Ole has no solution in over 2 years.