FALCONS' LIST FOR TURKEY TOURNAMENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
FALCONS' LIST FOR TURKEY TOURNAMENT

Post by Gotti »

The Super Falcons return to action for the first time since October 2019 (largely no thanks to Covid), for the Gold City Tournament in Antalya, Turkey, taking place from February 15 to February 24. The NFF has called up, for American coach Randy Waldrum's first outing as Super Falcons' coach, a squad of mostly familiar faces, but have also called-up again (after the first call -up did not come to fruition) former US youth player Toni Payne and former Univ of Illinois star Patricia George.

Former team captain, Desire Oparanozie, is left out again, apparently as continued repercussions for championing the allowance/bonus protests at the 2019 France Women's World Cup.

FULL LIST:

Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi (C.D. Pozoalbense, Spain); Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France); Christy Ohiaeriaku (Edo Queens)

Defenders: Onome Ebi; Glory Ogbonna (Edo Queens); Osinachi Ohale (Madrid CFF, Spain); Mariam Ibrahim (Nasarawa Amazons); Chidinma Okeke (Madrid CFF, Spain); Habeebat Akinwande (FC Robo)

Midfielders: Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain); Esther Sunday (ALG SPOR, Turkey); Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskilstuna, Sweden); Antoinette Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain); Halimatu Ayinde (Eskilstuna, Sweden); Christy Ucheibe (SL Benfica, Portugal); Patricia George (Sands FC, Germany)

Forwards: Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain); Uchenna Kanu (Linkopings, Sweden); Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain); Francisca Ordega; Chinwendu Ihezuo; Gift Monday (FC Robo); Charity Adule (SD Eibar, Spain)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FALCONS' LIST FOR TURKEY TOURNAMENT

Post by jette1 »

So no freedom of expression in Nigeria; the whole Team must not answer the call up if in fact a player is being punished for speaking out. This is time to start rooting out this northern feudalism choking Nigeria to death.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

jette1 wrote:So no freedom of expression in Nigeria; the whole Team must not answer the call up if in fact a player is being punished for speaking out. This is time to start rooting out this northern feudalism choking Nigeria to death.
Yeah, like you have real voice in your enclave.
Wake up guy, your oppressor lives right next to you. It's when you've dealt with the enemy within
that you can accuse those afar. Please be more realistic.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote:
jette1 wrote:So no freedom of expression in Nigeria; the whole Team must not answer the call up if in fact a player is being punished for speaking out. This is time to start rooting out this northern feudalism choking Nigeria to death.
Yeah, like you have real voice in your enclave.
Wake up guy, your oppressor lives right next to you. It's when you've dealt with the enemy within
that you can accuse those afar. Please be more realistic.
I see your fear, I’m unsure how I could begin to help except advice you could overcome. Your reactivity is a learned response
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If she wasn't the captain, it might be easier to buy this story but captains don't just get dropped in Nigeria out of the blue, even when they're underperforming.
This one get as e be.
Ex-captain Desire Oparanozie 'still has Nigeria future'
By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
Last updated on12 February 202112 February 2021.

Despite being omitted from a 23-player squad for the Turkish Women's Cup, former captain Desire Oparanozie is still part of the Super Falcons plans, according to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The France-based striker, 27, has been overlooked by the African Champions' following a sit-in protest over unpaid bonuses and allowances at the 2019 World Cup in France.

Oparanozie said she was not surprised by her omission from new coach Randy Waldrum's maiden squad hinting that it was because of the protest.

But the NFF's director of communications Ademola Olajire has quickly played down talk of a rift between the Dijon striker and the football authority.

"Oparanozie is still part of the team's plans and her non-inclusion has nothing to do with that protest in France because she was not the only one involved," Olajire told BBC Sport Africa.

"Selection of players is predominantly the prerogative of the coaches and not the NFF.

"She remains an important member of the women's national side. I think she will just have to keep working on her game and, if she gets the opportunity, then push for a consistent selection."

Oparanozie had publicly defended her stance in France that the NFF should include players left out of the World Cup party as they look to pay players money owed from previous international fixtures over several years.

"I did what I felt was right. Even if that's the only thing I did, I'm very happy." she said in July.

Meanwhile, the squad announced by the NFF includes reigning African footballer of the year Asisat Oshoala, veteran defender Onome Ebi, former USA youth international Toni Payne and US-born Patricia George.

The continent's most successful national side with nine African titles will depart Nigeria on 15 February for the fifth edition of the Turkish Cup tournament.

Nigeria will face Uzbekistan in their opening game before facing fellow Africans Equatorial Guinea at the tournament, they had also been due to take on Zambia, who have now withdrawn from the event.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/56040429
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:If she wasn't the captain, it might be easier to buy this story but captains don't just get dropped in Nigeria out of the blue, even when they're underperforming.
This one get as e be.
Munkey is giving advise again. After trying to ruin Adarabioyo's career. :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I agree with you. I think players who were in the team when the protests were carried out, should withdraw from the call-up until Miss Oparanozie is recalled
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:If she wasn't the captain, it might be easier to buy this story but captains don't just get dropped in Nigeria out of the blue, even when they're underperforming.
This one get as e be.
Munkey is giving advise again. After trying to ruin Adarabioyo's career. :oops: :oops:
Welcome.
We've been expecting you.
What took you so long? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
This one get as e be.
Welcome.
Yes, Munkey. I didnt go anywhere. I bested you! :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by danfo driver on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This one get as e be.
Ex-captain Desire Oparanozie 'still has Nigeria future'
By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria
Last updated on12 February 202112 February 2021.

Despite being omitted from a 23-player squad for the Turkish Women's Cup, former captain Desire Oparanozie is still part of the Super Falcons plans, according to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The France-based striker, 27, has been overlooked by the African Champions' following a sit-in protest over unpaid bonuses and allowances at the 2019 World Cup in France.

Oparanozie said she was not surprised by her omission from new coach Randy Waldrum's maiden squad hinting that it was because of the protest.

But the NFF's director of communications Ademola Olajire has quickly played down talk of a rift between the Dijon striker and the football authority.

"Oparanozie is still part of the team's plans and her non-inclusion has nothing to do with that protest in France because she was not the only one involved," Olajire told BBC Sport Africa.

"Selection of players is predominantly the prerogative of the coaches and not the NFF.

"She remains an important member of the women's national side. I think she will just have to keep working on her game and, if she gets the opportunity, then push for a consistent selection."

Oparanozie had publicly defended her stance in France that the NFF should include players left out of the World Cup party as they look to pay players money owed from previous international fixtures over several years.

"I did what I felt was right. Even if that's the only thing I did, I'm very happy." she said in July.

Meanwhile, the squad announced by the NFF includes reigning African footballer of the year Asisat Oshoala, veteran defender Onome Ebi, former USA youth international Toni Payne and US-born Patricia George.

The continent's most successful national side with nine African titles will depart Nigeria on 15 February for the fifth edition of the Turkish Cup tournament.

Nigeria will face Uzbekistan in their opening game before facing fellow Africans Equatorial Guinea at the tournament, they had also been due to take on Zambia, who have now withdrawn from the event.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/56040429
Couldn’t agree with you more. Olajire’s statement is nothing if not nonsensical. In one breadth, you say that selection is the prerogative of the coaches and then you insist she’s still part of the team’s plans. That’s just silly❗️

Cheers.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

With all due respect...
What on earth is nonsensical about what he said? Can the coach not have the prerogative to invite whom he pleases that he feels would further his goals?
What on earth is so special about this lady that he MUST invite her? In all her over a decade of being in the SF, she has NEVER won the golden ball. Not once. Outside of 2014, when she scored 5 goals and won the golden boot, she has struggled to score more than 2 or three goals since. Is she really that special? I have been watching the Super Falcons and following them for at least 2 decades and strongly believe the coach is right in his decision to drop her.

For one, Ms. Oparanozie has been a member of the SF since 2010. She has played in 3 FIFA WCs and countless FIFA age grade competitions. She has played in a ton of AWCONs for Nigeria. Is it wrong for the coach to start to explore options?
Asisat Oshoala has evolved into a more potent and higher profile striker than Oparanozie. One for Barcelona and the other Dijon. Over the past few years, Oshoala has been made to play off the flanks to accomodate Oparanozie. Isn't it time that Oshoala play in her preferred position as the point striker, a position she plays at Barca where she is most productive? Is it wrong to explore other quicker and younger options that can play off the flanks and provide Oshoala (and Ortega) the support they need? The coach invited options like Ihezuo (Henan, China), Toni Payne (Seville), Charity Adule (SD Eibar), Uchenna Kanu (Linkopings, Sweden) and Rasheedat Ajibade (Athletico Madrid). These are younger, up and coming players that are the future and the coach opted to explore them. What the heck is wrong with that?? Must Oparanozie continue to play forever?

Why is it that people fail to realize she is on the decline? We all saw the decline in our women's team performance during the past AWCON, with the likes of Oparanozie and others? It is time to infuse new talent in the squad and start to throttle back the reliance on the old guard, like Oparanozie, especially since she is on the downward slope of her career.

I really did not want to dump on her, but all this talk about her being mistreated is all BS and extremely nauseating! She served Nigeria well but it is time to explore other options, please!
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Couldn’t agree with you more. Olajire’s statement is nothing if not nonsensical. In one breadth, you say that selection is the prerogative of the coaches and then you insist she’s still part of the team’s plans. That’s just silly❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Otitokoro wrote:With all due respect...
What on earth is nonsensical about what he said? Can the coach not have the prerogative to invite whom he pleases that he feels would further his goals?
What on earth is so special about this lady that he MUST invite her? In all her over a decade of being in the SF, she has NEVER won the golden ball. Not once. Outside of 2014, when she scored 5 goals and won the golden boot, she has struggled to score more than 2 or three goals since. Is she really that special? I have been watching the Super Falcons and following them for at least 2 decades and strongly believe the coach is right in his decision to drop her.

For one, Ms. Oparanozie has been a member of the SF since 2010. She has played in 3 FIFA WCs and countless FIFA age grade competitions. She has played in a ton of AWCONs for Nigeria. Is it wrong for the coach to start to explore options?
Asisat Oshoala has evolved into a more potent and higher profile striker than Oparanozie. One for Barcelona and the other Dijon. Over the past few years, Oshoala has been made to play off the flanks to accomodate Oparanozie. Isn't it time that Oshoala play in her preferred position as the point striker, a position she plays at Barca where she is most productive? Is it wrong to explore other quicker and younger options that can play off the flanks and provide Oshoala (and Ortega) the support they need? The coach invited options like Ihezuo (Henan, China), Toni Payne (Seville), Charity Adule (SD Eibar), Uchenna Kanu (Linkopings, Sweden) and Rasheedat Ajibade (Athletico Madrid). These are younger, up and coming players that are the future and the coach opted to explore them. What the heck is wrong with that?? Must Oparanozie continue to play forever?

Why is it that people fail to realize she is on the decline? We all saw the decline in our women's team performance during the past AWCON, with the likes of Oparanozie and others? It is time to infuse new talent in the squad and start to throttle back the reliance on the old guard, like Oparanozie, especially since she is on the downward slope of her career.

I really did not want to dump on her, but all this talk about her being mistreated is all BS and extremely nauseating! She served Nigeria well but it is time to explore other options, please!

Cheers.
Well said bro :clap: :agree: .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.
I don’t know what you’re going on about but you can’t have your cake and eat it too. If, according to Olajire, selection is the prerogative of the coaches then how can he know if Oparanozie is still in the team’s plans? He can’t because he is not one of the coaches. That’s why his statement is nonsensical :idea: ... but it seems you were just looking for an opportunity to disparage Oparanozie❗️

Cheers.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It may help to fully examine what was supposedly said:
Olajire, allegedly, on behalf of NFF wrote: "Oparanozie is still part of the team's plans and her non-inclusion has nothing to do with that protest in France because she was not the only one involved," Olajire told BBC Sport Africa.

Is the selection process for a (or any) national team based on the prerogative of the Coach? Pretty sure the answer is yes. Any coach would pick players on the belief that the selected players will execute his/her game plans and strategy effectively in order that the overarching objective is fulfilled. Does that mean any and every player (past, present or future) will be selected? No. Does it mean they may (or may not) be selected at some point in time during the tenure of the coach? Yes. Oparanozie falls into this category.

One would think that Olajire, being NFF Comms director, would be privy to the messaging of the coaching staff. The fact that he had to come out and make a statement specific to Oparanozie's situation would suggest to me that the coach(es) were concerned about the rumors floating around regarding Oparanozie not making the squad. Olajire's job is to communicate the coach's message (in certain instances - this being one of them). The fact that you don't know if the coach had asked him to communicate this information to the public but instead, would suggest Olajire was part of an NFF coverup is rather disappointing, to say the least.

Importantly here is that you have conveniently side stepped my comments about her declining performance (which I would argue heavily informed the coach's decision here). For additional context, in the 3 WCs she has played, not a single goal (well, if you discountenance the own goal she scored in our match against Sweden in 2015). Oshoala, on the other hand has played in 2 WCs and scored in both. Club wise at Dijon, 2 goals in 9 appearances. I could go on with the facts here, but chose not to, because they are not in her favor.

I don’t know what you’re going on about but you can’t have your cake and eat it too. If, according to Olajire, selection is the prerogative of the coaches then how can he know if Oparanozie is still in the team’s plans? He can’t because he is not one of the coaches. That’s why his statement is nonsensical :idea: ... but it seems you were just looking for an opportunity to disparage Oparanozie❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

You must be pulling Tony's legs. I hope so. If not one has to state that you certainly must be in la-la land to think the coach selected this team. When has he scouted the team? LOL.

Bros, even the NFF lads and Nigerian journalists know exactly what this is about. You may want to act the Ostrich but most Nigerians, in-the-know, know that this was about silencing the Falcons'' skipper based on Oparanozie's media messages after the World Cup and since. That is not lost on several people in the know. In fact, the debate is not about what the cause of her being left out is, it is rather whether it is an okay punishment or not. Note that while she has been active, there are some players on that list who I am told are not even playing regularly. Then you have a player close to 40 years old invited to this team. Yet the skipper and one of the team's best players left out and that does not ring a bell?

Bros, remember the freezing out of Oliseh and four others just before the WC 2002. I remember calling it here at the time and many naysayers put upon the same argument you are trying to put forward here. Yet, weeks later, it all started unraveling. It is the same case here. Stop the Ostritching and understand that this is about the silencing of women footballers. When Omagbemi was fired after winning the AFCON, I guess she was fired because of poor performance as well? LOL. You need to smell the roses to understand the power play and the strong-arming taking place behind the scenes.

Otitokoro wrote:It may help to fully examine what was supposedly said:
Olajire, allegedly, on behalf of NFF wrote: "Oparanozie is still part of the team's plans and her non-inclusion has nothing to do with that protest in France because she was not the only one involved," Olajire told BBC Sport Africa.

Is the selection process for a (or any) national team based on the prerogative of the Coach? Pretty sure the answer is yes. Any coach would pick players on the belief that the selected players will execute his/her game plans and strategy effectively in order that the overarching objective is fulfilled. Does that mean any and every player (past, present or future) will be selected? No. Does it mean they may (or may not) be selected at some point in time during the tenure of the coach? Yes. Oparanozie falls into this category.

One would think that Olajire, being NFF Comms director, would be privy to the messaging of the coaching staff. The fact that he had to come out and make a statement specific to Oparanozie's situation would suggest to me that the coach(es) were concerned about the rumors floating around regarding Oparanozie not making the squad. Olajire's job is to communicate the coach's message (in certain instances - this being one of them). The fact that you don't know if the coach had asked him to communicate this information to the public but instead, would suggest Olajire was part of an NFF coverup is rather disappointing, to say the least.

Importantly here is that you have conveniently side stepped my comments about her declining performance (which I would argue heavily informed the coach's decision here). For additional context, in the 3 WCs she has played, not a single goal (well, if you discountenance the own goal she scored in our match against Sweden in 2015). Oshoala, on the other hand has played in 2 WCs and scored in both. Club wise at Dijon, 2 goals in 9 appearances. I could go on with the facts here, but chose not to, because they are not in her favor.

Cheers.
Super Falcons Exclusion: Oparanozie To NFF – ‘Look For Another Lie’
https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/super-f ... other-lie/
13/02/2021, by Best Choice Sports, in European Leagues, Football, Investigation, News
By Amaechi Agbo

There are indications that former Super Falcons captain, Desire Oparanozie is not taking her exclusion from the 23-woman Falcons team to take part in the Turkey Invitational tournament starting on Monday, lightly, Bestshoicesports.com.ng can report

The former Guingamp attacker has taken to her Twitter account to lambast the NFF Director of Communication, Adomola Olajire for asking her to continue to maintain her consistency and push for inclusion in the Super Falcons call up.

Olajire was quoted to have defended her exclusion from the squad saying: “Oparanozie is still part of the team’s plans and her non-inclusion has nothing to do with that protest in France because she was not the only one involved.

“Selection of players is predominantly the prerogative of the coaches and not the NFF.

“She remains an important member of the women’s national side. I think she will just have to keep working on her game and, if she gets the opportunity, then push for a consistent selection.”

But the comment did not go down well with the former Bayelsa Queens and Delta Queens star who questioned Mr Olajire’s sincerity.

She querried how some players who did not have clubs for long made their way into the team.

‘”Work on my game and push for consistent selection”. Those ones who’s been without club for over a year now, how many of their games did they work on over the past one year to merit their inclusion?

“When we’re spoilt for choice. Look for another lie,” she said.

The France-based striker, 27, has been overlooked by the African Champions’ following a sit-in protest over unpaid bonuses and allowances at the 2019 World Cup in France.

Oparanozie said she was not surprised by her omission from new coach Randy Waldrum’s maiden squad hinting that it was because of the protest.

“I did what I felt was right. Even if that’s the only thing I did, I’m very happy.” she said in July.

The continent’s most successful national side with nine African titles will depart Nigeria on 15 February for the fifth edition of the Turkish Cup tournament.

Oparanozie Criticises Nigeria’s Response To COVID-19

https://dailytrust.com/oparanozie-criti ... o-covid-19
By
. .
Mon Mar 30 2020
Desire Oparanozie has urged Nigerians to remain at home as she raises concerns about the country’s readiness to combat the coronavirus.

The outbreak of the pandemic has caused major disturbances to the sporting calendar across the world, as the fight to contain the spread of the illness continues.

The Nigeria Professional Football League has been suspended.

The ex-Super Falcons captain has criticised the Nigerian government on social media, whom she alleges will only cater for the ‘rich and influential’.

“I’ve been advising us to stay at home. Considering the kind of system we have (incompetent government). We can’t fight this virus if it hits hard on us. Obviously the rich and influential will be attended to before anyone else. Save yourselves people,” she tweeted.

The ex-Delta Queens player had captained the Super Falcons at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup in France.

Thomas Dennerby’s side bowed out in the Round of 16 to Germany.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Basically stopped reading there.
It's either disingenuous or delusional to think that Randy Waldrum picked 5 or 6 local-based players from his US base.

And if Mr. Randy actually drew up the list...
Is he so incompetent as to not find out who's available, and thus learn that Nnadozie and Okobi are presently injured?

You babble on about Oparanozie playing for a decade, and soliciting youth...
And yet there are invitees on the same list who have played for the Falcons for about 15-18 years! Pull the other one.

For the avoidance of any doubt, THERE'S NOTHING SO "SPECIAL" ABOUT OPARANOZIE as a person (or even player) that she must always be invited to the Super Falcons squad, but please don't piss on her collective heads and tell us that it's raining. Only disingenuous or delusional Nigerians would act as if this is a novelty in Nigerian football. Sunday Oliseh and Finidi George were excluded from the WC 2002 squad, after leading (as skipper and vice, respectively) the campaign for the NFF to make payments due to the players during the qualifiers. Rita Chikwelu, was stripped of her captaincy and dropped from the Falcons (deja vu?) for leading protests for payment of player allowances and bonuses after the team won the 2016 AWCON. Flo Omagbemi, a legend of the female game in Nigeria and the first woman to win the AWCON as player and as coach, a person who would be venerated in any 'civilized' country, was summarily dismissed after leading the Falcons (as a coach) to win the 2016 AWCON, and virtually blacklisted, for supposedly being "disrespectful" by daring to request that she be paid her agreed-upon wages/remuneration, which the NFF had failed to pay for the ENTIRETY of her tenure as the Falcons' coach (even though she lost, and had to bury, her father during that period). Ecectra, ecectra.

Perhaps to delusional folks it is merely a coincidence that Oparanozie was also NOT called up for the Falcons' games immediately following the 2019 WWC - the Tokyo Olympic Games' qualifiers against Cote D'Ivoire in September/October 2019 - a full year BEFORE Randy Waldrum was appointed as the Super Falcons' coach! But who knows, maybe Waldrum sent a message to the NFF a full year before he was appointed coach to tell them that he would only be interested in coaching "younger" players (except of course for those who have played for 14 and 18 years), and that she would be moving Oshoala to the central striking position and would have no need nor interest in positional depth nor for someone who has proven herself in that position, in case of injury or suspension or any other such enforced unavailability of Oshoala. It's one thing for the NFF to put out cock-and-bull BS tales of the moonlight (after all it has a well-established track record of a lack of credibility and moral compass), but please other folks should not insult our collective intelligence by moralizing and/or rationalizing BS.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Otitokoro,

You must be pulling Tony's legs. I hope so. If not one has to state that you certainly must be in la-la land to think the coach selected this team. When has he scouted the team? LOL.

Bros, even the NFF lads and Nigerian journalists know exactly what this is about. You may want to act the Ostrich but most Nigerians, in-the-know, know that this was about silencing the Falcons'' skipper based on Oparanozie's media messages after the World Cup and since. That is not lost on several people in the know. In fact, the debate is not about what the cause of her being left out is, it is rather whether it is an okay punishment or not. Note that while she has been active, there are some players on that list who I am told are not even playing regularly. Then you have a player close to 40 years old invited to this team. Yet the skipper and one of the team's best players left out and that does not ring a bell?

Bros, remember the freezing out of Oliseh and four others just before the WC 2002. I remember calling it here at the time and many naysayers put upon the same argument you are trying to put forward here. Yet, weeks later, it all started unraveling. It is the same case here. Stop the Ostritching and understand that this is about the silencing of women footballers. When Omagbemi was fired after winning the AFCON, I guess she was fired because of poor performance as well? LOL. You need to smell the roses to understand the power play and the strong-arming taking place behind the scenes.
EII:
Egbon, didn't even read your post before my lengthy reposte to OTITOKORO. Could have saved myself the bother.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:Otitokoro,

EII, Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to respond to Otitokoro’s rather exhausting retort :D ❗️

Cheers.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
This one get as e be.
Welcome.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I love you Damunk. You are the epitome of Njakiri! "What too you so long?" you said. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
This one get as e be.
Welcome.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I love you Damunk. You are the epitome of Njakiri! "What too you so long?" you said. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No mind am.
He's trying desperately to get under my skin.
He doesn't know my skin is as thick as his skull.

He'll be back, I assure you. :D
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

If Oshoala was the one excluded , I know you will not write this bro....
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy