Terem Moffi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Terem Moffi

Post by maceo4 »

Should have had a hat trick self, missed one chance in the 13th minute, dude is looking good, but **** is more interested in Ighalo, so o well...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mek we hia wod joor. He's decent but no better those ahead of him .
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:Hopefully Rohr is watching, he and Umar need to be given a chance.
Our home based players are better than some of these players you are touting. The fact that someone plays professionally abroad alone shouldn’t entitle them to a call up❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Our home based players are better than some of these players you are touting. The fact that someone plays professionally abroad alone shouldn’t entitle them to a call up❗️

Cheers.
Any ones in particular, so I can pay attention to them, esp now that we can watch npfl games.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Please!
If and when those HB players are able to win (or even compete) on the continent, let me know.
Still looking for them making it past the WAFU regional qualifiers or even the African Champion's league.
Until then, give us a break!
You people touting the HB players are like a restaurant promising a five course meal, but keep feeding us watered down soup!

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cally wrote:Terem Moffi just has to be invited for our next qualifiers. This dude is on fire. Currently has two goals against Monaco. The first one a penalty, and the second a lovely solo effort. This young man can ball!!!
I believe he's already in line for a call up next month
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Cally wrote:Terem Moffi just has to be invited for our next qualifiers. This dude is on fire. Currently has two goals against Monaco. The first one a penalty, and the second a lovely solo effort. This young man can ball!!!
I believe he's already in line for a call up next month
Awesome! :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tu-oE2SFbk[/video]

If he continues like this, I doubt he will last more than one season in L'Orient.
That's about 8 goals this season in roughly ten games.

And being given the responsibility of penalty taking for one so young - and new - is huge.
Big clubs a-coming. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:Should have had a hat trick self, missed one chance in the 13th minute, dude is looking good, but **** is more interested in Ighalo, so o well...
Na una journalists too dey ask question about Uncle Ighalo.
Make e no answer?
He mentioned Moffi (by club) even without being asked.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Otitokoro wrote:Please!
If and when those HB players are able to win (or even compete) on the continent, let me know.
Still looking for them making it past the WAFU regional qualifiers or even the African Champion's league.
You people touting the HB players are like a restaurant promising a five course meal, but keep feeding us watered down soup!
Our home based players are better than some of these players you are touting. The fact that someone plays professionally abroad alone shouldn’t entitle them to a call

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I actually believe TTT was speaking tongue in cheek. Truth is no genuine Nigerian football fan is against a quality hb player from playing for the SE, what they are against is affirmative action, which the likes of E11 are calling for.
We were all excited when Ahmed Musa and Efosa Ehiosun broke into the SE as hb players. I even watched the WAFU Cup in Abeokuta because of Ehiosun and he didn't disappoint. On this forum, I called for the invitation of Valentine Nwabili the LB from Enyimba and Eguavoen invited and played him in a friendly against South Korea in Seoul.
It's a fallacy for anyone to say CEs hate hb players, all we ask for is that they're truly deserving of the invitation.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

A good left footed player is a very important asset!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Please!
Our home based players are better than some of these players you are touting. The fact that someone plays professionally abroad alone shouldn’t entitle them to a call

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I actually believe TTT was speaking tongue in cheek. Truth is no genuine Nigerian football fan is against a quality hb player from playing for the SE, what they are against is affirmative action, which the likes of E11 are calling for.
We were all excited when Ahmed Musa and Efosa Ehiosun broke into the SE as hb players. I even watched the WAFU Cup in Abeokuta because of Ehiosun and he didn't disappoint. On this forum, I called for the invitation of Valentine Nwabili the LB from Enyimba and Eguavoen invited and played him in a friendly against South Korea in Seoul.
It's a fallacy for anyone to say CEs hate hb players, all we ask for is that they're truly deserving of the invitation.
KPOM!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dude is dragging his useless club out of the relegation zone and people still yarning dust about his quality? Nonsense.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:Dude is dragging his useless club out of the relegation zone and people still yarning dust about his quality? Nonsense.
They've started making videos on him, so he must be doing something right. :thumb:

THE HISTORY OF TEREM MOFFI
"Terem Moffi is one of the revelations of Ligue 1 this season. The FC Lorient striker is stacking up the goals. Pas Si Bet invites you to discover his history. His is an atypical journey from Nigeria to Fc Lorient via England, Lithuania and Belgium.

Terem Moffi played at FK Kauno Žalgiris, then at FK Riteriai before joining Kortrijk in January 2020.
The Nigerian striker did not flunk his debuts: 5 goals in 9 Jupiler League games. He lets his power, his technique and his ice cold composure speak for the goal.
Clubs such as Ace Saint Etienne, Galatasaray and Celtic Glasgow were interested in his profile.
Finally, Terem Moffi joined Ligue 1. FC Lorient spent 8 million euros to secure his services.

Come discover his career."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq5IEKjb-MQ[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Team Moffi is the modern day Obafemi Martins
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Five things on Terem Moffi

Publish on 17/02/2021 at 18:23 - D. CROSSAN

With six Ligue 1 Uber Eats goals in 2021, Nigerian forward Terem Moffi is well on the way to keeping Lorient in the top division.

Recruited for around eight million euros from Belgian club KV Kortrijk last autumn the well-travelled 21-year-old is flourishing in Brittany. Monaco's Wissam Ben Yedder is the only player who can match the striker's six league goals this calendar year and Moffi's goals have helped Lorient go unbeaten in five games, winning three of them, to stand 17th, five points above 19th-placed Nîmes.

Moffi made an instant impression with Les Merlus, scoring on his debut in a 3-1 win at Reims but that was his only goal in his first 10 matches for the club. He has now settled perfectly and has struck seven goals in his last eight appearances, including his first Ligue 1 Uber Eats double in the Round 25 2-2 draw at Monaco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMLCfS ... e=youtu.be[/video]

Born in Calabar, Nigeria on May 25 1999, Moffi was immersed in football from a young age. His father Leo was a professional footballer, a goalkeeper, who notably appeared for Enugu Rangers. While at university, Leo became good friends with Chuka Iwobi, father of current Everton player Alex, with whom Terem spent a lot of time growing up.

"Van Persie was the best for me"

Terem had plenty of Nigerians to look to for inspiration, telling Ouest France: "I grew up watching Jay-Jay Okocha, Obafemi Martins, Nwankwo Kanu, and then Victor Osimhen. I watched the last play a lot, and then we played together, and he's a real model for me. I'm also a big fan of Robin Van Persie. He was the best for me."

Terem left Nigeria at the age of 17, finishing his studies in England at the Buckswood Football Academy. He told Ouest France: "I managed to get into an English school at the age of 17 because of football. I chose this life and I wanted to succeed in football. In life you mustn't stay in your comfort zone and you need to go out and make things happen. You need to take risks."

He joined Lithuanian club Kauno Zalgiris not long after going to England before heading to Zalgiris' fellow Lithuanian club FK Riteriai. Visa problems delayed his debut but he was prolific for Riteriai as he banged in 20 goals in 31 games, enough to see Kortrijk swoop in January 2020. Despite the pandemic, things again moved quickly for Moffi as on October 1 he left the Belgian league to move to France.

"Ligue 1 is a couple of levels above the Belgian game"

Moffi hasn't done things the straightforward way. Of his time in Lithuania, he commented: "I didn't know anything about the country. I had to go on to Google to see what it was like, the food, the culture. The start there was tricky as I had never experienced the cold before. It was difficult to adapt."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUd-j-4 ... e=youtu.be[/video]

In Ligue 1 Uber Eats, Moffi has taken his game to a new level. He said: "Ligue 1 Uber Eats is a couple of levels above the Belgian game. I needed to adapt my style of play, het used to the opponents, progress both physically and tactically."

Pelissier: "I ask him to take risks"

1m88 tall, weighing in at 89 kilos and fast, Moffi is now terrorising Ligue 1 Uber Eats defences, including netting the winner against champions Paris Saint-Germain in January. Delighted Les Merlus coach Christophe Pelissier said: "He gets into space well and makes good runs. He has the capacity to turn quickly and go forward. Terem is generous and can play good passes as he's intelligent. I ask him to take risks. He's mentally fresh and hasn't been formated. He tries things and I encourage him to do that."

https://www.ligue1.com/Articles/ONE-TO- ... ia-lorient

Terem Moffi: Chelsea fan, ‘lazy midfielder’ who took Belgium by storm
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor May 17, 2020 12:16 pm

A closer look at winter transfer Terem Moffi, 20, who made a quick start at KV Kortrijk in Belgium.

In Kortrijk they knew right away – Terem Moffi is not the type who reluctantly arrives at a club and tries to find his way around, he is someone who is upbeat about life and thinks of possibilities and not problems.

After the first day at the Golden Spurs Stadium, the young striker was already integrated to the squad and his open-mindedness and positivity also stood out on the field.

He looks like a boy without worries, without pressure.

“Being grateful and enthusiastic are key to football,” he said. “It’s the reason you play football: to be happy, to be free, to play and to enjoy the moment.

“That’s what I try to do every time. Every day, every training, every game. We have worries, but when you enter the field, you must leave those worries on the sidelines and only pick them up when you leave the field.

“Whatever the circumstances, it is the mentality that determines what you make of it.”

African inspiration

Moffi was raised in Calabar, a city in southeastern Nigeria, in a religious family of well-educated parents with four sons.

“We are Pentecostal Christians (Christian movement who interpret the Bible quite literally, ed ),” he said.

“Our faith helps us to look to the future with confidence and to do what it takes to make our dreams come true.

“We read the Bible and pray not only because we believe, but also to understand more, in peace and quiet and the presence of God.

Moffi was Player of Season at Lithuanian club

“My father is a lawyer and my mother works for the national health insurance. My younger brother is 18 and has started law studies. My older brother studied medicine in Russia and my oldest brother majored in public administration in Manchester.

“I was ready for university myself, but I couldn’t go because of football.” (he laughs )

He also said football is in the genes.

“My father was a goalkeeper in the Nigerian league and all my brothers played football,” he revealed.

“Only my mother never played football, but she understands the game. She knows many players and many coaches and she is a supporter of Chelsea.

“Actually it is through her that I also became a Chelsea fan. That started during the successful period under José Mourinho , when many Africans played at Chelsea – Didier Drogba , Claude Makelele , Salomon Kalou , John Obi Mikel , Michael Essien .”

These are great source of inspiration for young players in Africa who dream of a career in Europe.

“When you see Drogba making his way through the French second division, you think, why couldn’t I?,” Moffi reasoned.

“And then you say that I could be. That sneaks into your head, you keep doing it and you start training harder. Now Sadio Mané and Mo Salah are the standard bearers for Africans.

“You reason, if an African has a chance to win the Ballon d’Or, why not challenge myself to be also in that position?”

He is now an inspiration too.

“Well … (laughs ) I get messages from friends and boys from the academy in Calabar, where I come from, that they look up to me and that I inspire and motivate them to do their best.

“It is funny at the same time, because I am only 20 and I still look up to others myself. But the fact is that every success of an African in Europe is a pleasure for his entire community. ”

Special parents

He learned to play football on the street, in academies in Calabar and Lagos and eventually in the Buckswood Football Academy in East Sussex.

“I was a lazy attacking midfielder until I was 12,” he laughs.

“I had to get all the balls, dribbled, created chances and scored, but I left the dirty work to others.

“My father changed me. He said, “You can’t play football like that, you have to fight for the ball and be aggressive.”

Moffi (middle) with fellow Nigeria stars Imoh Ezekiel (right), Ajagun at Kortrijk training ground

At the academy in my city, the coach also said, “If you don’t work, you can’t play in my midfield.

“And after a while he concluded that I was not a midfielder, but a striker. “

Little Moffi was obsessed with football. “I was not the smartest in class at school. But if I had only spent half my time in football on my studies, I might have become a genius ( laughs )

“Football was what drove me and determined my choices.

“After three years in the academy in Calabar and nine months in an academy in Lagos, I moved to English college football via the Buckswood Football Academy.

“My coach there convinced me that I am a sprinter and made me the fastest player in the team.

Moffi joins the fans to celebrate a goal

“After 18 months, the assistant coach received an offer from the Lithuanian club FK Kauno Zalgiris and took me there.”

But after three months and one goal in eight games, it ended there and Moffi had visa problems.

His last league match with FK Kauno Zalgiris was on October 22, 2017 and his first with FK Riteriai Vilnius he played on March 3, 2019.

“I was waiting for my visa for eight months at home. I even had to travel to South Africa because there is no Lithuanian embassy in Nigeria,” he said.

“You cannot imagine what it will do to your mindset if the road to your destination is suddenly uncertain.

“In the meantime, I know how to convert negativity into positivity in moments that I feel down in my head. My mom always says, whatever happens, be happy and let go of everything that puts you under stress. “

He is happy with wise and loving parents, he said this again and again.

“They are really special. They love their children, but also people they don’t even know,” he said.

Terem Moffi dazzling

“I’m going to tell you a short story. One day my mother was driving me, to school or to the academy, I don’t remember exactly. When she saw a man in need of help along the road, she stopped, took him, looked after him for two years, and even looked for work for him.

“You learn a lot from such a mother. Among other things, that life is not just about yourself and your own family, but about everyone who is distressed. “

Seventh heaven

His patience paid off – at FK Riteriai in Vilnius he broke through last season with 20 goals in 29 official matches.

At the end of 2019, he tested for a week at Mouscron, but was not given a contract there.

“I don’t know the reason. When they said “no,” I said, “Okay’,” he recounted.

“I didn’t question it, I accepted it and moved on.”

But KV Kortrijk gave him a contract. And he scored four goals for his new club, including on his debut against Club Brugge, it was an effort that started in his own half.

He celebrates his goals in style

“I was really in seventh heaven,” he said.

“To make such a goal against such a team, that does not happen every day of course. That gave me so much energy.”

And it was not strange for him to celebrate the goal with a somersault.

“I’ve been doing that since I was little. We grow up with that and challenge each other. Not you?”

Adapted from Sport Voetbal Magazine

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/terem-moffi ... -by-storm/
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

He has been called up for the Benin and Lesotho games. Reincarnation of Lukaku.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Boy on the rise.
Welcome to the corridors of the SE...
:clap: :clap: :clap:
https://www.ligue1.com/Articles/LIGUE-1 ... fc-lorient

INTERVIEW: Terem Moffi (FC Lorient)
Publish on 14/03/2021 at 01:57

With six goals to his name since the turn of the year, Terem Moffi is scaling new heights as the driving force behind FC Lorient's survival bid…
The Nigerian forward arrived in France from Belgium at the start of the season as a relative unknown, but his prolific streak has thrust him into the limelight - more than he could ever have imagined.

Among the greats?
"My brothers sent me a picture for the highest goalscorers in 2021, I saw my name with Luis Suarez, Lewandowski, Messi, and I was like 'how is this even possible?'," Moffi explained to the Ligue 1 Show on beIN SPORTS.

"It's been surreal so far to be honest. The first couple of games, it was quite difficult adapting to the language, the style of play and to everything actually, but from then new year it's been a different side of Terem Moffi, a guy who is just enjoying his game and playing football!"

The 21-year-old scored on his Lorient debut in October, helping his side to a 3-1 win over Stade de Reims, but the goals then dried up, and Moffi struggled to hold down a starting spot. It took a couple of months for the Nigerian to acclimatise to the demands of playing in Ligue 1 Uber Eats.

Toughening up
"In the first few games, I think I was being knocked off the ball easily," Moffi explained. "I didn't like it, the coach didn't like it, my dad didn't like it so it was 'you have to work on your strength and learn how to use your hands to guide the defenders, and keep the ball', so I mean I'm not perfect at it yet, but I really improved on it! I try to lift more weights to help my strength, and my body weight not easy to be shaken off and stuff like that!

"Against Nice, the last game before the Christmas break [a 2-2 draw at the Allianz Riviera], after I scored this goal there was this calm, I felt like 'yeah this is the Terem Moffi you've known all your life who plays football with a smile on his face, who goes on the pitch to enjoy himself'"

Moffi went on to net in Lorient's first four matches of 2021, including a historic winner in the shock 3-2 victory over Paris Saint-Germain, which further shone the spotlight on his talent.

"In the first leg in Paris [which PSG won 2-0], I had a similar chance and it came off my shin and just went into the goalkeeper's hands so, that night I spoke to my dad and my brothers and they said 'you had so much time and space, why didn't you take your time and just pass it in?' so when it happened this time, from the middle line as soon as I got the ball, all that was ringing in my head was 'easy, you've got time, you're in good scoring form, your confidence is high, just take it easy!" he continued.

'Goalkeeper made it easy'
"To be honest the goalkeeper made it easy for me, because no disrespect to him but the space was so much on his right-hand side, so I just passed it in!"
Such was the joy of scoring against the nine-time defending champions of France, Moffi's trademark gymnastic celebration very nearly went wrong.

"I was so excited just like, get into the celebration with the team so I think I miscalculated. I've been banned actually!" he laughed. "It depends [whether we'll see it again], it depends. I've been flipping since I was a kid so it's just instinct, it just happens!"

As well as entertaining fans with his summersaults, Lorient's eight-goal top scorer has proved he has all the foresight and quality to reach the very top level.
"I kind of know how to read the game and take the opportunities," Moffi explained. "So when you make a mistake, I'm always there to take on it. So I'm always like, calculating what he's going to do, does he have a chance to play it back, play forward and be ready to pounce. So when it happened, I was like 'thanks God, this is for me!'"

Playing with a smile

Foresight, quality, but also improvisation. A skill that could have led to a wonderful back-heeled goal in the 2-1 loss to Girondins de Bordeaux in January. "Ooooh, if only, that would have been the Puskas award winning goal!" said Moffi. "No, I'm joking!"

Moffi's skills were perfected as a child, watching videos of a Nigerian legend, once of PSG. Jay-Jay Okocha's approach to the game has left an indelible mark on the Lorient hitman.

"I met him, and he told me 'football is easy, you don't have to do too much. Just be you, enjoy yourself! He was a fantastic dribbler, when I was younger I used to watch his videos like step-overs and crossovers, it was really a big part of my game but now I'm kind of direct except when I'm in a tight situation I try to dazzle my way through!"

Another Nigerian who lit up Ligue 1 Uber Eats a little more recently was Victor Osimhen. The 13-goal top scorer with LOSC last season, his performances convinced Moffi to follow in his footsteps and swap Belgium for France.

"We played together in the U17s, I've known him for a couple of years," Moffi said. "He's a good guy, he's been good to me on so many occasions so it's like 'this guy, you have to follow his progress, you have to learn from him'. If he can do it in Belgium, why can't I do it in Belgium, he did it in France, why can't you do it in France as well you understand? So it's motivation for me, yes!"

Moffi only needs five more goals this season to match Osimhen's return from his only campaign in France. But rather than go after his compatriot's total, Lorient's smiling assassin plans to con-tinue his relaxed approach, one that has made of him one of the revelations of the season in the French top flight.

"As a matter of fact I didn't set targets for this season," Moffi concluded. "I was like 'go, give your best' but now I think I have surpassed what I was expecting so I just want to continue this way and whatever God says happens, happens. No pressure, just do you!"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bret- hart wrote:Dude is dragging his useless club out of the relegation zone and people still yarning dust about his quality? Nonsense.
Don't mind them, as if we have Messi and Ronaldo, in our team.