FALCONS' LIST FOR TURKEY TOURNAMENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FALCONS' LIST FOR TURKEY TOURNAMENT

Post by fabio »

NFF Chairman is to blame!

First Omagbeni, now Oparanozie!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ezesportsworld wrote:If Oshoala was the one excluded , I know you will not write this bro....

Why not? I think if Oshoala or Chiamaka had been omitted there will still be an outrage. The reason for an I outrage is that a shoo-in as a STARTER was omitted. As it turns out Oparanozie is also currently active and yet we have a inactive a player close to 40 years old is invited and apparently some inactives also invited?. It is clear to those aware that something strange had taken place. That much is undeniable.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Atleast they are playing friendlies.

Oparanozie performance should have led to her been dropped a long time ago. But the motives behind the decision to drop her is bad.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Super Falcons in Turkey: I’m pleased with the team – Randy Waldrum
By Christopher Emenyonu - February 17, 2021

Super Falcons technical adviser, Randy Waldrum has declared that he’s pleased with the bunch of players in the Super Falcons camp in Turkey.

The Super Falcons will be kick start their Gold City Tournament journey in Thursday when the face CSKA Moscow Women.

Waldrum, who is meeting physically for the first time the Super Falcons players told Super Falcons media that he is pleased with the team.

“I’m pleased with the team from the first day. The girls have got so much quality, even though we have trained only a few times, I have been impressed by their efforts.”

On some players missing in the squad, the American said there were just a couple reason behind it.

“Yh, just a couple of reason behind that. I’m new, I am trying as much to know and see a sizable number of girls in the team. Quite a number of players from the last world cup are missing.”

“Since this is a new year, qualification year, I want to use the opportunity to kick start my program, know a good number of the players. Nigerian has got lot of talents and we have to pick the best out of it, so everyone will get a shot at it.” He concluded.

Names like Desrie Oparanozie missing on the provisional list released some days ago caused argument among Nigeria football fans.

The Gold City Tournament in Turkey will be the first test for Waldrum since he joined up as the Super Falcons technical adviser.
https://www.sports247.ng/super-falcons- ... y-waldrum/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Not surprised that he is pleased. I would also with those he has in camp. Of course, he has not worked with those who may well be better.

Hopefully, he will get down to work and select his own team to build on.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ezesportsworld wrote:If Oshoala was the one excluded , I know you will not write this bro....
With all due respect, what a truly DUMB statement to make...smh
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Gotti, calm down, drink a hot tea. You will never understand what i am talking about...
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

All these talk should be based on reality.
1. Yes, when a captain is excluded from a list it should raise eyebrows.
2. But Oliseh does not follow Falcons, at least closely so his reasons should be expected.
3. Oparanozie played poorly in the last world cup, & badly in the last African Nations cup.
4. A player should be studied to determine reasons for poor tournament play, then decisions taken.
5. The tournament they are in is not for the good women's teams of the world.
6. Since other teams are so bad, Falcons should not concede a goal in their entire matches.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:All these talk should be based on reality.
1. Yes, when a captain is excluded from a list it should raise eyebrows.
2. But Oliseh does not follow Falcons, at least closely so his reasons should be expected.
3. Oparanozie played poorly in the last world cup, & badly in the last African Nations cup.
4. A player should be studied to determine reasons for poor tournament play, then decisions taken.
5. The tournament they are in is not for the good women's teams of the world.
6. Since other teams are so bad, Falcons should not concede a goal in their entire matches.
She played so "poorly" that she ended up among the topscorers and barely one goal behind Oshoala... :lol:
First, the dust was NOT raised by Oliseh, he merely picked up on it.
Interestingly, I raised my suspicion in the OP without even knowing that it was trending in the media.

It only requires COMMON SENSE (emphasis added).
She was dropped immediately after the WWC protest for the Olympic qualifiers, so has no nexus with CURRENT form.

Meanwhile, speaking of current form, at least 3 CLUBLESS players are on the list (including a 38+ year old).
Anyway, as I noted elsewhere, many Nigerians lack a moral compass and will support evil for partisan reasons. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Newbie (and former US national youth team player) Toni Payne starts in the first game vs CSKA Moscow (who replaced Zambia)...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Poorly, an english word, is not goal.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Still do not make accurate passes.
And the 30 plus are still more agile than the young ones.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:Poorly, an english word, is not goal.
If your primary role on a team is scoring goals and you are scoring goals, you cannot RATIONALLY (emphasis added) be said to be performing "poorly".

Sadly, while "poorly" might be an English word, one suspects your use of the term is all Nigerian - as in, she was not dribbling enough opposition players! :P
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Falcons wins by a lone goal..
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Oguleftie wrote:Still do not make accurate passes.
Oguleftie

Stop digging. Even NFF officials have not made the claim that she was dropped for 'poor play. Instead they have insinuated disciplinary matters that have not been made public. Thus, the decision makers have not cited poor play at all.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:Still do not make accurate passes.
Oguleftie

Stop digging. Even NFF officials have not made the claim that she was dropped for 'poor play. Instead they have insinuated disciplinary matters that have not been made public. Thus, the decision makers have not cited poor play at all.
Underline where I said she was dropped by poor play!
I said she played poorly. Even the attack came to live when later in the 2nd half two young forwards came in as subs.

Mind you she was made the captain at the world cup, prior to the start of the world cup another person was the captain.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Full Match: Nigeria 1 vs 0 CSKA Moscow (Russia) | Festival Women’s Trophy 2021
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qGq18yxbD3c ... e=youtu.be[/video]

COACH WALDRUM POST MATCH REACTION| SUPER FALCONS
https://youtube.com/watch?v=5FynId7ZO5Q ... e=youtu.be[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle