Granada 2 vs Napoli 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Granada 2 vs Napoli 0

Post by imehjunior »

Osimhen starts. Hope he gets service cause I just get this niggling feeling anytime I watch that they deliberately starve him of service.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Granada vs Napoli

Post by vancity eagle »

imehjunior wrote:Osimhen starts. Hope he gets service cause I just get this niggling feeling anytime I watch that they deliberately starve him of service.

this is always the excuse every time our strikers do not do their job.

Osimehn must improve on his runs and he will then get the ball.

I watched Iheanacho today make intelligent runs where he ran and then delayed to move into space. He was wide open and Harvey Barnes tried to chip the ball to him, but the cross was too powerful.

If Osimehn runs into space he will be passed too more often. Most of the times he just runs along the defenders shoulder. He needs to create seperation between him and the defender and there needs to be an open channel for him to recieve a pass.

The best strikers and poachers know how to do this effectively. Osimehn does not.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Osimhen starts. Hope he gets service cause I just get this niggling feeling anytime I watch that they deliberately starve him of service.

I watched Iheanacho today make intelligent runs where he ran and then delayed to move into space. He was wide open and Harvey Barnes tried to chip the ball to him, but the cross was too powerful.

If Osimehn runs into space he will be passed too more often. Most of the times he just runs along the defenders shoulder. He needs to create seperation between him and the defender and there needs to be an open channel for him to recieve a pass.

The best strikers and poachers know how to do this effectively. Osimehn does not.
Have you even watched Napoli play recently? If you have, pls list examples of when Osihmen made runs and got the ball. They've been starving him since day one.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Have you even watched Napoli play recently? If you have, pls list examples of when Osihmen made runs and got the ball. They've been starving him since day one.

I haven't seen him get into any good positions recently. He is always crowded by defenders because he doesnt effectively get away from them.

what im saying is his game is too predictable. There is no variation to his runs, he just runs forward staying close to the defender. How do you expect to have the ball passed to you when this is pretty much all you ever do. He needs to move into space. Napoli doesn't seem to be a counter attacking side, which our SE currently is which plays more to Osimehn's strengths. Napoli likes to have possession and build slowly, so either Osimehn adapts his game to this, by making more intelligent and dynamic runs (which he hasn't done succesfully), or Napoli switch their entire gameplan to be more counterattacking, which I doubt they will do. Osimehn bares a lot of responsibility for not getting into good positions.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Granada 0 vs Napoli 0

1-0 Napoli cannot put 2 passes together in mf let alone get it to the final 3rd. Too many black holes in their mf .
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Granada 0 vs Napoli 0

2-0 . selfish mf dribbling into the box when a simple pass would do turned it over.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I haven't seen him get into any good positions recently. He is always crowded by defenders because he doesnt effectively get away from them.

what im saying is his game is too predictable. There is no variation to his runs, he just runs forward staying close to the defender. How do you expect to have the ball passed to you when this is pretty much all you ever do. He needs to move into space. Napoli doesn't seem to be a counter attacking side, which our SE currently is which plays more to Osimehn's strengths. Napoli likes to have possession and build slowly, so either Osimehn adapts his game to this, by making more intelligent and dynamic runs (which he hasn't done succesfully), or Napoli switch their entire gameplan to be more counterattacking, which I doubt they will do. Osimehn bares a lot of responsibility for not getting into good positions.
You're beating a dead horse. They keep possession until they create a shot for themselves. Osihmen can run oshodi if he wants, he ain't getting it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Granada 2 vs Napoli 0

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Them go soon fire gattuso
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

You're beating a dead horse. They keep possession until they create a shot for themselves. Osihmen can run oshodi if he wants, he ain't getting it.
He should demand it from his teammates. That is what Eto'o did. No wonder he succeeded. He should relentlessly demand it.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

He should demand it from his teammates. That is what Eto'o did. No wonder he succeeded. He should relentlessly demand it.
Yea, but Eto'o could single handedly create something for himself, Osimhen isn't that type of player...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Eddy Dove looking like a prophet right now.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Napoli is not interested in scoring
OCCUPY NFF!!
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Osimhen has not looked the same since coming back from Covid, tbh. He was out for a very long time with it, so maybe it affected him badly. He is usually almost like Vardy in the way that he is always chasing after things and harrying all the defenders and there is a lot more standing still in his game since his return. Looks sluggish.

Napoli are also rubbish, to be fair. No service whatsoever, poor play fro everyone and a manager seemingly waiting to be sent home.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Did we overhype Osimhen?
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Them go soon fire gattuso
Scary, but not impossible given how badly they’re playing at the moment compared to before Christmas

That could be bad for Vic, Gattuso has stood by him

Napoli are struggling to create chances and Vic is feeding on crumbs......
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Tobi17 wrote:Did we overhype Osimhen?
LOL O ye of little faith!!

Napoli are not creating chances compared to the beginning of the season

He is regaining his fitness and speed, once he starts getting good service again the question will be redundant
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I dunno, he's just not looking like the same player he was at Lille, even before this injury and covid layoff he wasn't firing on all cylinders, hopefully with time he will replicate his previous form.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Osimhen is not overhyped, he is the real deal... however Napoli are a very poor team...mind you they didn't even finish in the top 4 last season and they've lost like 7 or 8 games in the league.. This is coaching and also their play is porous
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He is a very good player but there are aspects of his game he needs to improve to become an elite player.

First off Napoli and Nigeria play very different styles, and it seems Osimehn is more suited to Nigeria where we play counter attacking football and Osimehn is afforded more space where he can use his pace to full effect. Napoli do not look for that quick release and it is usually them who are dictating the play and the build up slowly and play posession. We criticized Mikel for making Nigeria play that way. Osimehn is not getting the space with Napoli because he has defenders all around him, due to the slow build up play. Osimehn has not fully learned to adapt to this type of football, and I keep saying it but his runs are not dynamic enough and thus he doesn't get into good positions to warrant the ball being passed to him. He seems to be operating on one style of football (which SE plays) He needs to learn to bring different aspects to his game (running into space, diagonal runs, delays in runs) to allow him to get more space and be able to recieve the ball. Yes Napoli too has their problems but Osimehn isn't doing himself any favours either.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

vancity eagle wrote:

He is a very good player but there are aspects of his game he needs to improve to become an elite player.

First off Napoli and Nigeria play very different styles, and it seems Osimehn is more suited to Nigeria where we play counter attacking football and Osimehn is afforded more space where he can use his pace to full effect. Napoli do not look for that quick release and it is usually them who are dictating the play and the build up slowly and play posession. We criticized Mikel for making Nigeria play that way. Osimehn is not getting the space with Napoli because he has defenders all around him, due to the slow build up play. Osimehn has not fully learned to adapt to this type of football, and I keep saying it but his runs are not dynamic enough and thus he doesn't get into good positions to warrant the ball being passed to him. He seems to be operating on one style of football (which SE plays) He needs to learn to bring different aspects to his game (running into space, diagonal runs, delays in runs) to allow him to get more space and be able to recieve the ball. Yes Napoli too has their problems but Osimehn isn't doing himself any favours either.
I have watched ALL Osimhen's games with Napoli andmy brother you are not far from the truth.....especially his post covid games.

He offers next to nothing during build up, not active enough...keeps central defenders occupied and thats it. He can not read his teammates or what i like to say "game mindset"....he doesnt seem to know whats happening as the play is developing causing him to make worthless runs. Looks like bad coaching and lack of practice time. He's also playing a lot with his back to goal and he's just not physical enough for that. Ends losing so many 1v1 duels. He's very easy to mark.

He needs to come down quicker and play in that space between the CBs and holding mid. Make himself available for that pass so he can link up play and face the goal. Sticking with the CBs is not working. Like it or not it affects their build up play especially since they dont have a number 10.

Man has his weaknesses but the coaching is NOT helping him either.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I have watched ALL Osimhen's games with Napoli andmy brother you are not far from the truth.....especially his post covid games.

He offers next to nothing during build up, not active enough...keeps central defenders occupied and thats it. He can not read his teammates or what i like to say "game mindset"....he doesnt seem to know whats happening as the play is developing causing him to make worthless runs. Looks like bad coaching and lack of practice time. He's also playing a lot with his back to goal and he's just not physical enough for that. Ends losing so many 1v1 duels. He's very easy to mark.

He needs to come down quicker and play in that space between the CBs and holding mid. Make himself available for that pass so he can link up play and face the goal. Sticking with the CBs is not working. Like it or not it affects their build up play especially since they dont have a number 10.

Man has his weaknesses but the coaching is NOT helping him either.

KPOM.

You would think Gattuso would spot this and work on this part of his game.

Anyways they will continue to wonder why he is so effective for SE, yet not for Napoli, and I say again 2 entirely different styles of play.

For Osimehn to be truly elite, he needs to be able to be effective for both styles.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Napoli had more possession in that game but didn't do anything meaningful in the final third. Osimhen had once chance all game and I don't think Napoli had more than two shots on target the entire game, one of which was Osimhen's attempts. He received very little service in that game. I think Napoli are better when they have Mertens, Lozano, and Koulibaly starting. They missed all 3 yesterday.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gatuso's team plays like Lampard;s
SuperEagles