Napoli Confirms Osimhen's head trauma....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Napoli Confirms Osimhen's head trauma....

Post by Enugu II »

Napoli confirm Osimhen suffered head trauma against Atalanta
https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/napoli- ... hpdli79s9t
Gbenga Adewoye
@Gregoal001
17:56 Feb 21, 2021

The Nigeria international was taken in ambulance to the hospital and tests have revealed the nature of his problems
Napoli have confirmed Victor Osimhen has been diagnosed with head trauma after a collision with Cristian Romero in their 4-2 defeat to Atalanta in Sunday’s Serie A game.
The centre-forward was afforded his 10th league appearance in the encounter since teaming up with the club last summer.
Osimhen made his contribution as Gennaro Gattuso’s men suffered their second consecutive defeat, after also losing against Granada in the Europa League.

With few minutes before the end of the game, the forward collided with Romero and fell awkwardly, hitting the back of his head on the turf before losing consciousness.
The Nigeria international was subsequently stretchered off and transported by ambulance to the hospital.
The 22-year-old attacker has now undergone a series of tests and Napoli have revealed the nature of his problems.
“Victor Osimhen, following the injury with head trauma suffered in the final minutes of Atalanta-Napoli, underwent tests with negative results,” read a statement from the club website .
“The player will remain in Bergamo until tomorrow under the clinical observation of the blue health manager Raffaele Canonico.”
Osimhen’s debut season with the Parthenopeans has been blighted by injury, suspension and coronavirus-related problems.
The Super Eagles forward has only played 16 games across all competitions for Napoli, scoring two goals and providing one assist since his €80 million move from Lille.
It is yet to be known the duration Osimhen would be on the sidelines, having now regained his consciousness.
The forward will, however, be expected to miss Napoli’s second leg round of 32 of their Europa League game against Granada on Thursday.
Nigeria national team coach Gernot Rohr will hope the forward recovers quickly enough to be able to feature in his side’s 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers in March.
Osimhen has been playing a key role for the Super Eagles since the retirement of Odion Ighalo from the national team in 2019.
The forward has bagged five goals for the West African side in 10 appearances, amid other dazzling displays which have made him a toast to the fans.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Napoli Confirms Osimhen's head trauma....

Post by Damunk »

Thank God nothing serious was found as a result but he will have to take things easy for a while according to what I think are FIFA rules.
He's been catching some bad luck recently and I hope it doesn't start to have a psychological impact on his performance.
Get well soon Victor. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Concussion. Likely out a month
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Concussion. Likely out a month
At this rate he might need a rest till next season and no partying mask-less and hugging those h*es.
Seriously I hope his luck improves and he recovers soon,we need the kid!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

wow
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Concussion. Likely out a month
At this rate he might need a rest till next season and no partying mask-less and hugging those h*es.
Seriously I hope his luck improves and he recovers soon,we need the kid!
Abi, lets wrap the boy in wool till next season, kai!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Hope he gets well soon. This has been a long season for the lad. I bet this season cannot come to an end soon enough for him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Napoli: Osimhen updates

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.football-italia.net/166740/ ... ns-updates

Victor Osimhen will rejoin the group tonight, whilst Dries Mertens carried out instrumental tests and could return to training with Napoli ‘in the coming days’.

Osimhen was rushed to the hospital and spent the night under observation in Bergamo but the club confirmed he will rejoin the group in Naples tonight
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow he lost consciousness for 30 minutes. https://www.espn.co.uk/football/napoli/ ... atform=amp
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:Wow he lost consciousness for 30 minutes. https://www.espn.co.uk/football/napoli/ ... atform=amp
Is this true.

He looked conscious to me. He was rolling around on the ground, even moving his hands to his head.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

If I have my way as a football agent, I won't let clients travel to Nigeria. it is never good for their career.
Look at it this way, you probably have a 5 years window. Put the work in and let your skills speaks for you in that 5 year. Go home only for national team and don't leave camp.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

osimhen has since returned to training like 4 days ago, you people are still here going gaga
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved