MAN CITY: SEASON/20-21

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MAN CITY: SEASON/19-20

Post by benteke »

Another draw for City.
What are they missing, does the inheritance merchant need another rebuild.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:Another draw for City.
They are missing two things:

1. David Silva's replacement - huge mistake not to replace him. Dude was outrageously intelligent and could carve out any low block. Got to La Liga and see what he has done to Sociedad.

2. They needed a deadly finisher! Aguero is injury prone and isnt playing much, anymore. As fantastic as Jesus is, he is not a finisher.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:Another draw for City.
They are missing two things:

1. David Silva's replacement - huge mistake not to replace him. Dude was outrageously intelligent and could carve out any low block. Got to La Liga and see what he has done to Sociedad.

2. They needed a deadly finisher! Aguero is injury prone and isnt playing much, anymore. As fantastic as Jesus is, he is not a finisher.
What about others have figure City and check book master out?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Man City might end up win this league,not at their best and two games in hand .
If they get to that clinical form then they stand a chance.
EPL is wide open,Manu also a threat
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Chelsea FC is in trouble, down 0-3 at home. Is Lampard being lampooned? :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Pep is back.

He has evolved his tactics this season after a shaky start.
He doesn't mind sacrificing posession and having a lot of men sit behind the ball to defend in numbers.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:Pep is back.

He doesn't mind sacrificing posession and having a lot of men sit behind the ball to defend in numbers.
Pep don win league
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kajifu wrote:

Pep don win league
Way too early to call. If there’s anything this league has taught us is that it’s very unpredictable.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:

Pep don win league
When you talk like this you are like a magnet for Spastic, very soon he will start popping up in this thread :laugh:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

As good as City has performed in the last few weeks, their position is more so due to the failures of others. The other teams are struggling very badly.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:As good as City has performed in the last few weeks, their position is more so due to the failures of others. The other teams are struggling very badly.

You can say that again, struggling real bad.
Chelsea would be thereabouts giving City headaches if they had not made the blunder of hiring Lampard.

Manchester United is just a continous mystery

Liverpool well we know they struggling, when things are OK they have a manager to trouble City.

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

By the way for some reason i am looking forward to tvr Arsenal vs City game.

Spastic holler holler, come back and bomb us :thumbs:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MAN CITY: SEASON/20-21

Post by txj »

Its very easy to be get labelled a genius manager when you have all your players available.

OR

You have a squad with quality such that injuries does not affect your ability to continue to play with your already established playing philosophy.

KDB gets injured for 3 weeks: you have Silva, Foden; you have Ilkay who can push forward; or you can drop Mahrez into the middle...

You have 5 CDs, and if Ake is injured, it wont really matter.

You have enough attacking players that you can afford to leave your main striker with ample time to make a full recovery...

Its interesting that last season, the word about City was, the loss of Laporte meant they could not compete...

Its very easy to be a genius manager when you have all your ducks in a row, and enough in reserve to replace those you lose...

Some will argue:

1. he lost Aguero. And KDB for a few weeks:

Yes, City are better with them. But he's ALWAYS played without Aguero...

City's football is better with KDB: But they have the tools to play without him and maintain their level.

2. He's without Mendy: That's not a loss. Its a choice
Last edited by txj on Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:Its very easy to be a genius manager when you have all your players available.

OR

You have a squad with quality such that injuries does not affect your ability to continue to play with your already established playing philosophy.

KDB gets injured for 3 weeks: you have Silva, Foden; you have Ilkay who can push forward; or you can drop Mahrez into the middle...

You have enough attacking players that you can afford to leave your main striker with ample time to make a full recovery...

Its interesting that last season, the word about City was, the loss of Laporte meant they could not compete...

Its very easy to be a genius manager when you have all your ducks in a row, and enough in reserve to replace those you lose...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:As good as City has performed in the last few weeks, their position is more so due to the failures of others. The other teams are struggling very badly.

Chelsea would be thereabouts giving City headaches if they had not made the blunder of hiring Lampard.

Liverpool well we know they struggling, when things are OK they have a manager to trouble City.

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

Stop whining y'all, it is part of the game. When City was crawling at the beginning of the season especially when they were hammered by Leicester, everyone was mocking Pep.

The only team I feel sorry for is Liverpool because what happened to them is not usual, but the other teams have been at the same level City and Liverpool left them for about 3 seasons now, some 15-20 points behind. :lol:

Liverpool and City moved 20 points clear of the rest of the park for about 2 seasons now. Liverpool's calamity has thrown them back, but what you see today is the reality of the last 2 or 3 seasons. Nothing new here.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

txj wrote:Its very easy to be get labelled a genius manager when you have all your players available.

OR

Some will argue:

1. he lost Aguero. And KDB for a few weeks:

Yes, City are better with them. But he's ALWAYS played without Aguero...

City's football is better with KDB: But they have the tools to play without him and maintain their level.

2. He's without Mendy: That's not a loss. Its a choice
He's without Mendy but playing the almighty Zinchenko.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

Stop whining y'all, it is part of the game. When City was crawling at the beginning of the season especially when they were hammered by Leicester, everyone was mocking Pep.

The only team I feel sorry for is Liverpool because what happened to them is not usual, but the other teams have been at the same level City and Liverpool left them for about 3 seasons now, some 15-20 points behind. :lol:

Liverpool and City moved 20 points clear of the rest of the park for about 2 seasons now. Liverpool's calamity has thrown them back, but what you see today is the reality of the last 2 or 3 seasons. Nothing new here.

I'm not whining at all, i am said the same things you are saying.

By the way what is happening to Liverpool is not unusual.
It happened to Klopp before at Dortmund.
He was having loads of injuries at the same time and a mysterious dip in form for Dortmund, i have never seen anyone explain exactly what was going on in the months or year leading to Klopp leaving Dortmund.

Otherwise i am not whining at all and i accept other teams problems
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

He was having loads of injuries at the same time and a mysterious dip in form for Dortmund, i have never seen anyone explain exactly what was going on in the months or year leading to Klopp leaving Dortmund.

Drop in form at Dortmund? Yes

Loads of injuries at Dortmund? No

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

Maybe we can argue about what is "loads"
Another real problem is injuries. At the start, Klopp immediately lost Shaheen, Gundogan, Blaszczykowski, Hummels, Schmelzer and Reuss (Marko missed half the season in total). According to Jurgen, Ramos, Immobile, Weidenfeller, Hummels, Durm, Sokratis and Grosskreutz, who participated in the 2014 world Cup, had a crumpled summer preparation.

"During the season, in almost every round, we had 6-7 people who were far from top form" Klopp admitted in an Interview with Ruhr Nachrichten.

https://showsport.me/football/bundeslig ... p-17475310
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if city goes 20 , i must say they are the ish...if they win the champs league, then levels dey
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Bigpokey24 wrote:if city goes 20 , i must say they are the ish...if they win the champs league, then levels dey
20 what?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

benteke wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:if city goes 20 , i must say they are the ish...if they win the champs league, then levels dey
20 what?
straight wins in the league
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

Another real problem is injuries. At the start, Klopp immediately lost Shaheen, Gundogan, Blaszczykowski, Hummels, Schmelzer and Reuss (Marko missed half the season in total). According to Jurgen, Ramos, Immobile, Weidenfeller, Hummels, Durm, Sokratis and Grosskreutz, who participated in the 2014 world Cup, had a crumpled summer preparation.

"During the season, in almost every round, we had 6-7 people who were far from top form" Klopp admitted in an Interview with Ruhr Nachrichten.

different from the current LFC situation.

Dortmund was more loss of form than the relentless injury situation at LFC this season..

The bulk of those BVB players recovered, except for Reus.

I've told you to quit this site and take time off to educate yourself on the game...Olodo...

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Arsenal and Spurs meh.

different from the current LFC situation.

Dortmund was more loss of form than the relentless injury situation at LFC this season..

The bulk of those BVB players recovered, except for Reus.

I've told you to quit this site and take time off to educate yourself on the game...Olodo...
You are talking rubbish.
The fact those players recovered doesn't mean they had no injuries. The injured Liverpool players will also recover, save for one or 2
You are actually dumber than I thought :laugh: