Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by YemiBrazil »

The reality is that this is currently just a top 6 team in league (not talking about the current EPL table), and I don't think they can comfortably get into top 3 with Maguire and Lindelof - give me two serious guys at the level of a fit Bailly at the back and get a younger Cavani, das not too much to ask :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

benteke wrote:
Kunle wrote:Rather strange this thread is so quiet despite United's 9-0 Southampton rout eh? :D :D I'm sure if United lost the game, this thread would've extended ten pages. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: to fake fans and bad belle people :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Are you watching the Everton game, United was leading 2-0 and suddenly i its 2-2 in a few minutes.
No wonder this thread goes quiet even when United wins, you never know what's around the corner, it's a team full of defensive blunders :laugh:
Heartbreaking :mad: :veryangry:
KK
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Fun fact: Man United has scored the most league goals so far and also conceded the most goals in the top 10 teams in table as it stands
Scored 49 conceded 30.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kunle wrote:
benteke wrote:
Kunle wrote:Rather strange this thread is so quiet despite United's 9-0 Southampton rout eh? :D :D I'm sure if United lost the game, this thread would've extended ten pages. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: to fake fans and bad belle people :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Are you watching the Everton game, United was leading 2-0 and suddenly i its 2-2 in a few minutes.
No wonder this thread goes quiet even when United wins, you never know what's around the corner, it's a team full of defensive blunders :laugh:
Not really.
As long as we manage our expectations and be prepared for those defence blunders in crucial moments, then we can kind of guess how United's season will go and there shall be no heartbreak :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote:
Kunle wrote:
benteke wrote:
Not really.
As long as we manage our expectations and be prepared for those defence blunders in crucial moments, then we can kind of guess how United's season will go and there shall be no heartbreak :thumbs:
...like Forrest Gump will say, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”
In this case you will never know what you'll get on a given day from Manchester united football match :laugh:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
Yes, their blunders are always unbelievable and often comical... that's why the fans don't trust Ole at this point. Everton's 3rd goal came off of the same positional errors defending set-pieces that we have seen 'millions' of times that it has become so predictable. Last minute, leading by a lone goal and you see about 5 United players marking NOBODY
in their own box and the goalkeeper scared to make a challenge. That's why most United fans prefer a half-fit Bailly to the clowns in the heart of their backline. Yet, Ole has no solution in over 2 years.

One big mystery is how that chap called Maguire gets away with almost no criticism from prominent quarters.
The guy never gets dropped as well, even after his Greece shenanigans.
He is a very average defender and costs United a lot of goals almost every game :biggrin:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
Yes, their blunders are always unbelievable and often comical... that's why the fans don't trust Ole at this point. Everton's 3rd goal came off of the same positional errors defending set-pieces that we have seen 'millions' of times that it has become so predictable. Last minute, leading by a lone goal and you see about 5 United players marking NOBODY
in their own box and the goalkeeper scared to make a challenge. That's why most United fans prefer a half-fit Bailly to the clowns in the heart of their backline. Yet, Ole has no solution in over 2 years.

One big mystery is how that chap called Maguire gets away with almost no criticism from prominent quarters.
The guy never gets dropped as well, even after his Greece shenanigans.
He is a very average defender and costs United a lot of goals almost every game :biggrin:
...he's ENGLAND isn't he? Queen's own you don't mess with him.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That 3-3 draw reminds me of a 2012 game during which Man U were winning 4-1 with about 10-15 minutes left, and Fellaini inspired a comeback that led to 4 late Everton goals and a 4-4 draw. That game eventually cost Utd the title on goal difference.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17718154
benteke wrote:My days, United did score again it was 3-2 and then at the last minute Everton equalised.

3-3 it ended :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Is anyone else started to think that there is more to Phil Jones being constantly "injured"? As a reminder, Jones has played 2 Premier League games in the last 2 years. How is he getting injured without playing or training?

Could it be something else like a personal issue? Or perhaps the type of illness that Darren Fletcher had? (which the club withheld in order to protect the player's medical confidentiality)
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:Is anyone else started to think that there is more to Phil Jones being constantly "injured"? As a reminder, Jones has played 2 Premier League games in the last 2 years. How is he getting injured without playing or training?

Could it be something else like a personal issue? Or perhaps the type of illness that Darren Fletcher had? (which the club withheld in order to protect the player's medical confidentiality)
Yes, they are definitely covering something up.
Whatever the situation is, thoughts and prayers with Phil Jones.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
FansAloud
Egg
Egg

Post by FansAloud »

Hey Guys,

I apologise of this isnt welcome here

Starting an online blog/social media page, looking for people all around the world to write about football in their country!

Buzzing for the game tomorrow! WBA are poor at the moment and with Liverpool losing to leicester its a great opportunity to move further ahead of them!
https://www.facebook.com/FansAloud - email or message me where your from and about your local team if interested! Really keen to learn more about domestic African football!

Thank you all

GGMU
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

What about Shola Shoretire the young kid who came in for Rashford.

Will Nigeria claim ownership :biggrin:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:What about Shola Shoretire the young kid who came in for Rashford.

Will Nigeria claim ownership :biggrin:
We won't say no if he claims Nigeria - he is a son of the soil :mrgreen:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

He was born in 2004... chai, man don dey old o! :D

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ole na real ole! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I have never seen a coach who always finds a way to prolong his sacking like this guy. Everytime they mention sacking the guy, he will immediately and quickly defeat a big team to gloss over the sh1tiness :lol: :lol: :lol:

as things stand, United will never win anything, but they will never fire Ole. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:As expected, United are beginning to fall behind.
Why not. Like i said above, United is a continuous mystery.
But you one thing you can expect is for them to drop points when it matters.
And then they might spring a surprise this Sunday vs City :laugh:
@danfo this is how replied oloye in another thread :rotf:

And careful, wait for 90mins, they can still drop it and lose 3-2 :biggrin:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:Ole na real ole! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I have never seen a coach who always finds a way to prolong his sacking like this guy. Everytime they mention sacking the guy, he will immediately and quickly defeat a big team to gloss over the sh1tiness :lol: :lol: :lol:

as things stand, United will never win anything, but they will never fire Ole. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
His players decided when to show up!

Ole has owned Pepe :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Psychology is everything in football. See all those tap ins being missed by Man City. Against any other team they would have scored about 3 of them by now. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:Ole na real ole! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I have never seen a coach who always finds a way to prolong his sacking like this guy. Everytime they mention sacking the guy, he will immediately and quickly defeat a big team to gloss over the sh1tiness :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh shut up, you drooling eediot. :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Psychology is everything in football. See all those tap ins being missed by Man City. Against any other team they would have scored about 3 of them by now. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kennel Boy, how far? I see you have come out of your kennel? we didn't see you yesterday in the Arsenal thread :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Psychology is everything in football. See all those tap ins being missed by Man City. Against any other team they would have scored about 3 of them by now. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kennel Boy, how far? I see you have come out of your kennel? we didn't see you yesterday in the Arsenal thread :rotf:
Dumbo Driver the Dog Diddler,

I was arranging safe transport for the canines. I know your erm ... proclivities towards that species :mad:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dumbo Driver the Dog Diddler,

I was arranging safe transport for the canines. I know your erm ... proclivities towards that species :mad:
For a boy who grew up in the four walls of a Kennel :lol: your mouth sharp well well.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I see there is now a Director of Football.
But who exactly is this John Murtough fella