Iwobi's positive COVID result could be fake.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Iwobi's positive COVID result could be fake.

Post by naijaguy »

If this happens to be true, CAF should do something about it.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi's positive COVID result could be fake.

Post by bret- hart »

If its turns out to be a false + then CAF needs to punish Benin to send a strong message or African countries will use the same tactics during WCQ. I see North Africans especially using this to gain yet another undue advantage.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Could it be a false positive?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

jette1 wrote:whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency
Now that's the question.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

jette1 wrote:whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency
Every country has its own Covid19 protocols visitors must adhere to. I don't believe Benin Republic decided to clear 23 players and coaches, but give only Iwobi fake positive result. If he does not have the virus, then the only possible explanation is that it was a false positive result as someone already said.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.
Chxta
Egg
Egg

Post by Chxta »

kalani JR wrote:Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.
Very.
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kalani JR wrote:Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.

highly irresponsible.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Not only that...
In watching a few videos of how some of the players and staff were not observing basic COVID19 protocols, like social distancing and masking, especially during interviews with the local press, it was no surprise this happened.
Such recklessness was quite an open invitation for an infection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCCXtkpYUc[/video]
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
highly irresponsible.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Very stupid behavior. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't do it. But don't put the dam thing under your chin. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Good point.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

True, but a country that denied their visitors from a crucial practise session by 'offing' the floodlights can do anything.
It's called dirty tricks and we'll just have to await the next batch of results.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Maybe Rohr meant to say false positive not fake? There's a difference. English is not Rohr's first language.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
True, but a country that denied their visitors from a crucial practise session by 'offing' the floodlights can do anything.
It's called dirty tricks and we'll just have to await the next batch of results.

So you think it's possible for Benin Republic to clear 23 players, and all the coaches only to falsify only Iwobi's result all I'm the name of dirty tricks?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:

So you think it's possible for Benin Republic to clear 23 players, and all the coaches only to falsify only Iwobi's result all I'm the name of dirty tricks?
do you think it's impossible to have host countries supply the referees and officials for a qualifier match against another nation. why isn't this done
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Of course it's possible.
Whether it is probable is a different question.
Countries have done far worse in pursuit of winning a football match.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Maybe Rohr meant to say false positive not fake? There's a difference. English is not Rohr's first language.
Yes that's a good point.
But a 'false positive' can and should be confirmed to be such by a subsequent test nullifying it.
So in this specific case, they could have done a repeat test almost immediately. A negative test would confirm the first test as a 'false positive'.
No need to wait until their return to Lagos. I wonder whether they did a repeat on the day.
In short, its not clear what really happened but bottom line is Iwobi was taken out of the equation.
'Neutralised'. :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.
"Before he left, he did not show any symptoms, he was fine."

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... =cppstRead more at:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

According to several doctors I spoke with and by virtue of the type of tests out there (likely PCR), it is more likely to have a 'false negative' than have a 'false positive'.
Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Maybe Rohr meant to say false positive not fake? There's a difference. English is not Rohr's first language.
Yes that's a good point.
But a 'false positive' can and should be confirmed to be such by a subsequent test nullifying it.
So in this specific case, they could have done a repeat test almost immediately. A negative test would confirm the first test as a 'false positive'.
No need to wait until their return to Lagos. I wonder whether they did a repeat on the day.
In short, its not clear what really happened but bottom line is Iwobi was taken out of the equation.
'Neutralised'. :D
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.

Read more at:
Hope he was quarantined from the rest of the team...hopefully they understand how COVID works regardless if you are showing symptoms or not, b/c this statement dey one kin...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This is likely an indication that his second test came back positive.
He doesn't have to show any obvious signs of the virus, as he might be asymptomatic.

Considering the nonchalant behavior exhibited by Iwobi, Ola Aina, Osimhen and others (as witnessed in some of the pictures/videos posted online) regarding COVID 19 safety protocols, would be surprised if there aren't any other 'positives' in the team.
Damunk wrote:"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.

Read more at:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:This is likely an indication that his second test came back positive.
He doesn't have to show any obvious signs of the virus, as he might be asymptomatic.

Considering the nonchalant behavior exhibited by Iwobi, Ola Aina, Osimhen and others (as witnessed in some of the pictures/videos posted online) regarding COVID 19 safety protocols, would be surprised if there aren't any other 'positives' in the team.

Read more at:
That's the worry.