Iwobi's positive COVID result could be fake.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Iwobi's positive COVID result could be fake.

Post by 1naija »

jette1 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.
True, but a country that denied their visitors from a crucial practise session by 'offing' the floodlights can do anything.
It's called dirty tricks and we'll just have to await the next batch of results.

So you think it's possible for Benin Republic to clear 23 players, and all the coaches only to falsify only Iwobi's result all I'm the name of dirty tricks?
do you think it's impossible to have host countries supply the referees and officials for a qualifier match against another nation. why isn't this done

:???: :???: :???:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Otitokoro wrote:This is likely an indication that his second test came back positive.
He doesn't have to show any obvious signs of the virus, as he might be asymptomatic.

Considering the nonchalant behavior exhibited by Iwobi, Ola Aina, Osimhen and others (as witnessed in some of the pictures/videos posted online) regarding COVID 19 safety protocols, would be surprised if there aren't any other 'positives' in the team.
Damunk wrote:"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.
"Before he left, he did not show any symptoms, he was fine."

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... =cppstRead more at:

Don't you think it would be proper for him to leave the camp after the first test, for fear of preventing others from contracting it? You don't have to wait until the second result to confirm it.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Na waao.

Iwobi should get another test to be certain given what has been taking place with tests for continental competitions. What Rohr stated is actually based on shenanigans going on with COVID tests in content competitions. However, one can never be sure if the test result is genuine but it is important to go through another test administered by a trusted party.

Having stated the above, that Rohr statement is shocking. I am left to believe that he said this in confidence with the belief or even assurance that he would not be publicly quoted.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Reports I read was that he did leave Benin Rep. and returned to Lagos for quarantining, after his initial test.
They mentioned administering a second test in Lagos - which I suspect might have also been positive, hence his leaving the camp.
jungle-jawara wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:This is likely an indication that his second test came back positive.
He doesn't have to show any obvious signs of the virus, as he might be asymptomatic.

Considering the nonchalant behavior exhibited by Iwobi, Ola Aina, Osimhen and others (as witnessed in some of the pictures/videos posted online) regarding COVID 19 safety protocols, would be surprised if there aren't any other 'positives' in the team.
Damunk wrote:"Iwobi has left the camp," Eagles spokesman Babafemi Raji told AFP.
"Before he left, he did not show any symptoms, he was fine."

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... =cppstRead more at:

Don't you think it would be proper for him to leave the camp after the first test, for fear of preventing others from contracting it? You don't have to wait until the second result to confirm it.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
jette1 wrote:whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency
Every country has its own Covid19 protocols visitors must adhere to. I don't believe Benin Republic decided to clear 23 players and coaches, but give only Iwobi fake positive result. If he does not have the virus, then the only possible explanation is that it was a false positive result as someone already said.
Its because he has the Okocha bloodline in him. The fear of Jay Jay is the beginning of wisdom.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:
jette1 wrote:whose idea was it to have host nations testing opponents instead of an independent agency
Every country has its own Covid19 protocols visitors must adhere to. I don't believe Benin Republic decided to clear 23 players and coaches, but give only Iwobi fake positive result. If he does not have the virus, then the only possible explanation is that it was a false positive result as someone already said.
Its because he has the Okocha bloodline in him. The fear of Jay Jay is the beginning of wisdom.

:???: :???: :???:

Murds ... please let's not allow some jubrils here to tarnish our most effective player's name. Did Okocha ever score against Argentina? Mshewwwww!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

:atc: So scoring against Argentina in a meaningless friendly is the new yardstick for measuring effectiveness?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

gochino wrote: :atc: So scoring against Argentina in a meaningless friendly is the new yardstick for measuring effectiveness?
One of Rohr great achievement is beating Argentina!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Accusing a country of administering a fake test is reckless talk.
True, but a country that denied their visitors from a crucial practise session by 'offing' the floodlights can do anything.
It's called dirty tricks and we'll just have to await the next batch of results.

So you think it's possible for Benin Republic to clear 23 players, and all the coaches only to falsify only Iwobi's result all I'm the name of dirty tricks?
2 of their own players also tested positive and were excluded.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Left camp to where?

Per UK COVID rules he should not be boarding any flight.

Where is he? We need more info but as usual our journos wont provide us with anything tangible.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

gochino wrote::atc: So scoring against Argentina in a meaningless friendly is the new yardstick for measuring effectiveness?
No, not scoring in a meaningless friendly or a meaningful game is a much better yardstick. Mscheeew! Abeg gerrara hia... :rotf:
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote:
The mystery deepens.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

imehjunior wrote:
This just adds to the distrust around these COVID-19 tests. Na baba God go help us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

So those hating on Rohr can now see he was right. Cos how on earth will every other person test negative and Iwobi who has been mingling with all the players is the only only one to come out positive???
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well Benin were up to no good . Glad Alex tested negative
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
The mystery deepens.
Not a big deal and it´s not unusual with Covid test.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
imehjunior wrote:
The mystery deepens.
Not a big deal and it´s not unusual with Covid test.
Brah...this is unusual.
The players would probably have had tests before departure from their bases and on arrival in Naija (or in camp).
I don't believe the test on arrival in Benin was his first test in weeks. That would be a breach of the FIFA covid protocol.
So for him to test positive for the first time in such a run of tests and then negative again barely a day or two later get as e be.
False positives are about 1 in 1000.

Anyway, thank God he's negative cos the implications would have been huge for him and his teammates in camp.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Brah...this is unusual.
The players would probably have had tests before departure from their bases and on arrival in Naija (or in camp).
I don't believe the test in Benin was his first test in weeks.
So for him to test positive for the first time in such a run of tests and then negative again barely a day or two later get as e be.

Anyway, thank God he's negative cos the implication would have been huge for him and his teammates in camp.
Egbon, I dey do some work with Covid at the moment and have come across a couple.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Brah...this is unusual.
I don't believe the test in Benin was his first test in weeks.

Anyway, thank God he's negative cos the implication would have been huge for him and his teammates in camp.
Egbon, I dey do some work with Covid at the moment and have come across a couple.
Not saying you haven't. Not saying it doesnt exist.
What I am saying is that its extremely rare. I haven't come across any yet myself.
The fact that we don't even know whether they did a confirmatory test is a huge gap in the story.
But let's stay tuned.....
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

oyek wrote:
One would expect Rohr to experiment with more HB players.....
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

oyek wrote:
Great to hear he has been cleared. I hope he doesn't get carried away showboating, trying to entertain the Lagos fans. Chai! but for Covid, Lagos fans are absolutely crazy :biggrin: , they demand goals and always want to be entertained.... Eeeh, eeh, eeh, uwww rings the air from kick off. :thumbs: