Rohr needs to apologise for the initial exclusion of Onuachu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr needs to apologise for the initial exclusion of Onu

Post by olu »

Rohr does not need to justify Onuachu's exclusion. I will still take Sadiq over Onuachu because Sadiq is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and more mobile.

To be fair to Onuachu though he received very little service in the previous games he played. Same thing happened to Ighalo during the early part of his SE career.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The fact that we have all of these options IS A GOOD THING.

I dont envy Rohr with the decisions he will have to make

Osimehn is the man doing the business for SE 5 goals in qualifying plus all of his assists

Nacho just scored hattrick in EPL and is on fire

Onuachu is one of Europes top scorers and has 2 goals in his last 2 sub appearances.

Sadiq Umar wont stop scoring and is being courted by Sevilla, he is perhaps our most dynamic forward

Simy Nwankwo wont stop scoring in Serie A

What on earth will Rohr do ?

What is becomming clear to me is that we may have to play the 352 to get the best out of our players. Rohr has done it before when it wasn't necessary, and now that it is, for some reason he is avoiding it.

We can play 2 strikers and have Iwobi pulling the strings at AM. Plus we can make use of all the centrebacks Rohr likes to load our squads with.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

vancity eagle wrote:The fact that we have all of these options IS A GOOD THING.

I dont envy Rohr with the decisions he will have to make

Osimehn is the man doing the business for SE 5 goals in qualifying plus all of his assists

Nacho just scored hattrick in EPL and is on fire

Onuachu is one of Europes top scorers and has 2 goals in his last 2 sub appearances.

Sadiq Umar wont stop scoring and is being courted by Sevilla, he is perhaps our most dynamic forward

Simy Nwankwo wont stop scoring in Serie A

What on earth will Rohr do ?

What is becomming clear to me is that we may have to play the 352 to get the best out of our players. Rohr has done it before when it wasn't necessary, and now that it is, for some reason he is avoiding it.

We can play 2 strikers and have Iwobi pulling the strings at AM. Plus we can make use of all the centrebacks Rohr likes to load our squads with.

Paul is at best a substitute bench player.
Perhaps he need to invite the Umar fella.
Awoniyi is the missing ingredient.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:He is still not good enough to play for Nigeria.
@ least not a starter.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ANC wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He is still not good enough to play for Nigeria.
@ least not a starter.
No team has 25 starters...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:Rohr does not need to justify Onuachu's exclusion. I will still take Sadiq over Onuachu because Sadiq is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and more mobile.

To be fair to Onuachu though he received very little service in the previous games he played. Same thing happened to Ighalo during the early part of his SE career.
Funny, that's NOT what we heard when ICs were in charge... :lol:

But of course, he does. While we should entirely concede to any coach the freedom to choose their players, it does not preclude justification for such selection (whether or not we agree is a different less relevant matter). Moreso when a player is in a rich vein of form, good form and is nonetheless excluded, the coach had better have a (rational) explanation - unless there corruption involved (as we were routinely told when ICs were in charge - even when they were WINNING)! Meanwhile, a clubless player who has not played competitive club football for a minute has been included in the very same list.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:Umar is the biggest loser here. Stick a fork in his SE career short term barring any injuries.
So long as Sadiq keeps scoring, he'll get another shot sooner than later...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Rohr does not need to justify Onuachu's exclusion. I will still take Sadiq over Onuachu because Sadiq is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and more mobile.

Here's a brief breakdown of his performance yesterday....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIoBLSz-bE8[/video]

....and against RoB on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvJy9MoO7Q[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Gotti wrote:
doctorollie wrote:
1naija wrote:
doctorollie wrote:Honestly, Rohr needs to apologise for insulting our collective sensibility. You do not exclude the highest goal scorer in Europe! I don't care what the people say about Onuachu! A coach should act professionally always!

Yes I said what I said!
How do you know Sadiq wouldn't have scored a hat trick?

We should be happy we now have serious depth at each position, thanks to the same Rohr.
Well, I am talking about facts here, real games played, real player who scored 2 goals in 2 matches, a player who played a total of 30 minutes in 2 matches and scored 2 goals! I am not going to comment on some imaginary or fictitious player who should have played a fictitious game and should have scored a fictitious hat trick in the process. We will talk about Sadiq when he is able to attend an actual game and scores real goals.
FACTS! Not feelings... :clap:

Thanks bro!

We should honestly give credit where credit is due. Paul deserves all the accolades especially after some scathing remarks made by the coach and some Nigerians.
Last edited by doctorollie on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Gotti wrote:

Funny, that's NOT what we heard when ICs were in charge... :lol:

But of course, he does. While we should entirely concede to any coach the freedom to choose their players, it does not preclude justification for such selection (whether or not we agree is a different less relevant matter). Moreso when a player is in a rich vein of form, good form and is nonetheless excluded, the coach had better have a (rational) explanation - unless there corruption involved (as we were routinely told when ICs were in charge - even when they were WINNING)! Meanwhile, a clubless player who has not played competitive club football for a minute has been included in the very same list.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nice try...
Last time I checked, neither Musa, Simon, Kalu nor Iwobi were out and out strikers for the Super Eagles.
And for most of those games, Onuachu was on the team in place of Iheanacho.
Your boy stunk up the joint! Those are the facts!
Gotti wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:I see you're conveniently discounting the 10 previous games Onuachu played, where he stunk up the joint each and every time! Onuachu should actually THANK Rohr for lighting a fire up his behind (by putting pressure on him), thereby forcing him to perform.
He had previously played 9 games with 1 goal (on his debut)...
Meanwhile, how many did Musa, Simon, Kalu, Iheanacho, even Iwobi (1 goal) score over those same 9 games?!

FACTS! please...
Not opinion or feelings! :lol:
>
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr was justified to not call up Onuachu.

Despite his club form he has stunk up the joint many times for SE.

Why on earth should he be continued to be called up when there are plenty of other strikers doing the business IN SUPERIOR LEAGUES.

The thing with Onuachu, he is the type of player who if he is not scoring, he ain't doing much else.

Unlike a guy like Osimehn who can have a top game without scoring. Onuachu not so much. So if he ain't scoring, he's pretty much stinking up the joint. He's a last option frankly.