Rohr appears oblivious to the limitations of his Onyibo Wall

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr appears oblivious to the limitations of his Onyibo

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:We are listening to the opinion of the person who advocated for the inclusion of Danny Shittu and Sola Ameobi simply because the latter scored against Italy in a friendly at the expense of the top scorer in qualifying. We know how both those decisions turned out.

Now the clamor is to get rid of Troost and Balogun for a player that has not committed to playing for Nigeria and will be playing in the English championship next season. The other option suggested is a player whose club side is rock bottom in The Portuguese league.

I could understand the clamor if the replacements were better and played at higher levels then Troost & Balogun but clearly this not the case.

By now Cybereagles should be able to detect and weed out posts that don’t make any sense!!!
This is a football discussion form and anybody, including your good self, that believes he has a monopoly on knowledge or valid opinion should go and sit in an echo chamber all by himself.

That you believe anybody is clamouring to get rid of Troost and Balogun for a player not even in the bag yet is your imagination. Identifying weak links and possible replacements is not the same as what you are saying. ''The best we have" is different from ''the best there is".

Many want improvements on Ekong, Omeruo and even Balogun (who by the way was pretty much widely disparaged right here a few years ago when he was out of favour with his Brighton club and was not exactly inspiring in the SE), so let's not apply any spin here.

For instance, my opinion on Awaziem is higher than most but who says I am right on that? My opinion on Ajayi is lower than most and I could be wrong too.

So weeding out opinions as you (hopefully playfully) suggest is quite likely to cut your own post count drastically if we follow your recommendations.
Don't even go there. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Unless I have gone blind the thread originator has listed Tosin and Awaziem as the ideal replacements for Balogun and Troost. Tosin has not officially declared for Nigeria his his team are in the relegation zone having played majority of his teams games so in way is he an improvement on Balogun & Troost?

I am strong believer in current form so not interested in discussions about Balogun’s form while at Brighton several years ago. His current form with Rangers has seen him win the League something Rangers have not done for years ending the Celtic dominance. Troost by the way currently sits in second place with Watford in the championship therefore will be promoted to the EPL.

Suggested replacements must be better than Balogun and Troost. Fact we have all seen both Tosin and Awazien play. Nobody except you and the thread starter can be certain that they would do better than the current centre backs especially on current form.

You and the thread starter are notorious for expressing football opinions that don’t make any sense
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:We are listening to the opinion of the person who advocated for the inclusion of Danny Shittu and Sola Ameobi simply because the latter scored against Italy in a friendly at the expense of the top scorer in qualifying. We know how both those decisions turned out.

Now the clamor is to get rid of Troost and Balogun for a player that has not committed to playing for Nigeria and will be playing in the English championship next season. The other option suggested is a player whose club side is rock bottom in The Portuguese league.

I could understand the clamor if the replacements were better and played at higher levels then Troost & Balogun but clearly this not the case.

By now Cybereagles should be able to detect and weed out posts that don’t make any sense!!!
This is a football discussion form and anybody, including your good self, that believes he has a monopoly on knowledge or valid opinion should go and sit in an echo chamber all by himself.

That you believe anybody is clamouring to get rid of Troost and Balogun for a player not even in the bag yet is your imagination. Identifying weak links and possible replacements is not the same as what you are saying. ''The best we have" is different from ''the best there is".

Many want improvements on Ekong, Omeruo and even Balogun (who by the way was pretty much widely disparaged right here a few years ago when he was out of favour with his Brighton club and was not exactly inspiring in the SE), so let's not apply any spin here.

For instance, my opinion on Awaziem is higher than most but who says I am right on that? My opinion on Ajayi is lower than most and I could be wrong too.

So weeding out opinions as you (hopefully playfully) suggest is quite likely to cut your own post count drastically if we follow your recommendations.
Unless I have gone blind the thread originator has listed Tosin and Awaziem as the ideal replacements for Balogun and Troost. Tosin has not officially declared for Nigeria his his team are in the relegation zone having played majority of his teams games so in way is he an improvement on Balogun & Troost?

I am strong believer in current form so not interested in discussions about Balogun’s form while at Brighton several years ago. His current form with Rangers has seen him win the League something Rangers have not done for years ending the Celtic dominance. Troost by the way currently sits in second place with Watford in the championship therefore will be promoted to the EPL.

Suggested replacements must be better than Balogun and Troost. Fact we have all seen both Tosin and Awazien play. Nobody except you and the thread starter can be certain that they would do better than the current centre backs especially on current form.

You and the thread starter are notorious for expressing football opinions that don’t make any sense
Has Rohr tried playing alternatives to Balogun and Ekong?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Yes, he tried Ekong and Omeruo at AFCON 2019 and after that Ekong and Ajayi.
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Friendly 2018 Nigeria vs Ukraine Troost & Ajayi Centre backs score 2-2 ;Nigeria vs Serbia Troost & Awazien score Serbia 2 Nigeria 0. Only person not tested is Tosin Adarabioyo going by his performance for Fulham he is not way better than either Troost or Balogun.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Friendly 2018 Nigeria vs Ukraine Troost & Ajayi Centre backs score 2-2 ;Nigeria vs Serbia Troost & Awazien score Serbia 2 Nigeria 0. Only person not tested is Tosin Adarabioyo going by his performance for Fulham he is not way better than either Troost or Balogun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:Unless I have gone blind the thread originator has listed Tosin and Awaziem as the ideal replacements for Balogun and Troost. Tosin has not officially declared for Nigeria his his team are in the relegation zone having played majority of his teams games so in way is he an improvement on Balogun & Troost?

You spoke about "a clamour" to replace Troost and Bologun for Tosin and Awaziem. Wey dem?
Now you've narrowed it down to the thread originator and somehow roped me in.
So maybe you need to be more precise with your choice of words.

You've suggested to weed out such posts that "don't make sense"
Does your own suggestion to weed out opinions make sense? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

And by the way, I think you missed this:
Damunk wrote:Even acknowledging that they are not the world's best centre back pairing, it still leaves us with the problem of replacing them.
The available options are not unarguably better are they?
Semi Ajayi, Kenneth Omeruo, Awaziem and an Akpoguma we haven't seen in position yet.
I no even see Tosin inside.
U see yasef?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tosin with a really bad mistake leading to Villas second goal...jeez these boys wan relegate anyhow...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!