Fire Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Fire Rohr

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Lies.

Only an extreme eurocentric person would think Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria WHO WERE AFRICAN CHAMPS.

Bosnia was literally the worst ranked European side at that tournament.

You dont have to change history to try and boost Keshi.

Comparing 2014 Bosnia to 2018 Croatia is completely absurd.

Not only did Keshi have the easiest path to the world cup of ALL 32 TEAMS (the toughest team Nigeria faced was Ethiopia), he also had if not the easiest WC group the second easiest one, and he still made it much harder than it needed to be.

the only difference between us qualifying for the second round in 2014 as opposed to 2018 was the luck of drawing an easy group compared to a group of death. PERIOD.
There are verifiable facts, we can call upon. Frances was the worst ranked team in Europe, followed by Croatia and Russia.
Bosnia and Herzegovina highest FIFA World Ranking was 13, achieved in August 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_an ... tball_team

October 2013 ranking were used for 2014 World. Bosnia and Herzegovina was ranked 16

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... k/id10516/
Croatia were ranked 18 at October 2017 for the WC draws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup
Keshi beat a ranked 16 team. It was easy

Rohr loses to a rank 18 team. It was difficult.
Rohr lost to the eventual World Cup finalist.

Keshi couldn't beat Iran, the lowest ranked team at the World Cup.

Rohr beat Iceland, who were ranked 19 points above us.

Conclusion: Football is not mathematics.

I will rate Keshi and Rohr almost on the same level but Keshi's crooked ways was his downfall.

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria
Football is NOT mathematics but you should be able to see improvement in how your team plays after 5 years on the job.
Much improvement from the days of one point from a possible nine and not qualifying for AFCON twice.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Lies.

Only an extreme eurocentric person would think Bosnia would be favoured over Nigeria WHO WERE AFRICAN CHAMPS.

Bosnia was literally the worst ranked European side at that tournament.

You dont have to change history to try and boost Keshi.

Comparing 2014 Bosnia to 2018 Croatia is completely absurd.

Not only did Keshi have the easiest path to the world cup of ALL 32 TEAMS (the toughest team Nigeria faced was Ethiopia), he also had if not the easiest WC group the second easiest one, and he still made it much harder than it needed to be.

the only difference between us qualifying for the second round in 2014 as opposed to 2018 was the luck of drawing an easy group compared to a group of death. PERIOD.
There are verifiable facts, we can call upon. Frances was the worst ranked team in Europe, followed by Croatia and Russia.
Bosnia and Herzegovina highest FIFA World Ranking was 13, achieved in August 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_an ... tball_team

October 2013 ranking were used for 2014 World. Bosnia and Herzegovina was ranked 16

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking ... k/id10516/
Croatia were ranked 18 at October 2017 for the WC draws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup
Keshi beat a ranked 16 team. It was easy

Rohr loses to a rank 18 team. It was difficult.
Rohr lost to the eventual World Cup finalist.

Keshi couldn't beat Iran, the lowest ranked team at the World Cup.

Rohr beat Iceland, who were ranked 19 points above us.

Conclusion: Football is not mathematics.

I will rate Keshi and Rohr almost on the same level but Keshi's crooked ways was his downfall.

If we want to be picky, here is see Keshi's 2015 AFCON Qualifier results for the first 3 games. Only one point from a possible nine cost us qualification. This was why he was sacked.

06/09/14: Nigeria 2-3 Congo
10/09/14: South Africa 0-0 Nigeria
10-11/10/14: Sudan 1-0 Nigeria
Football is NOT mathematics but you should be able to see improvement in how your team plays after 5 years on the job.
Much improvement from the days of one point from a possible nine and not qualifying for AFCON twice.
Is that the usual outcome of our AFCON qualifiers or the worst case? So Rohr doing better than our worst case is progress? So Manchester City shoukd celebrate a 10th place finish next season because they were once in League 1?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote:
Someone took a team that missed AfCon qualification and went to win AfCon. That´s improvement!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Someone took a team that missed AfCon qualification and went to win AfCon. That´s improvement!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Eaglezbeak wrote: They actually qualified once in the last decade and yes they won it after missing out and then failed to qualify twice after that which showed no progress what so ever was made!
Keshi was not given the support, Pinnick is giving Rohr today.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Missing out on 3 of six Afcons in the last decade isn’t a good record for Nigeria in fact they missed out returned won it then failed to qualified twice in a row that isn’t progress it was a clear sign of decline!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Missing out on 3 of six Afcons in the last decade isn’t a good record for Nigeria in fact they missed out returned won it then failed to qualified twice in a row that isn’t progress it was a clear sign of decline!
Considering that they didn't lose a single World Cup Qualifier in that period, won the AFCON and reached the second round of the second round of the World Cup should there be some more perspective on the so-called decline?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Missing out on 3 of six Afcons in the last decade isn’t a good record for Nigeria in fact they missed out returned won it then failed to qualified twice in a row that isn’t progress it was a clear sign of decline!
We should blame Pinnick (4 years). Well he was rewarded with re-election.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

aruako1 wrote: Considering that they didn't lose a single World Cup Qualifier in that period, won the AFCON and reached the second round of the second round of the World Cup should there be some more perspective on the so-called decline?
This achievement is reserved for Rohr only :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlE_0jqeRLM[/video]

if a Nigerian coached did the above, they would say he took bribe and bobo dey corrupt... so why does this **** get a pass?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlE_0jqeRLM[/video]

if a Nigerian coached did the above, they would say he took bribe and bobo dey corrupt... so why does this **** get a pass?
That’s true,Nigerians would probably believe that a European would stick to their words but Rohr didn’t!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlE_0jqeRLM[/video]

That’s true,Nigerians would probably believe that a European would stick to their words but Rohr didn’t!
No question. You would have seen those who will swear that they have evidence that $?????? exchanged hands. That Musa, via his agent, paid the coach in order to be called up and then another sum of money was given to play in the game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:These days we just lose to Madagascar and struggle to draw with Sierra Leone....yipee! Progress!!! :lol:

Please I am NOT in the Rohr-Out camp, but abegi let's not revise factual history because of some apparent inferiority complex issues. After all, before Rohr we had a coach with an unblemished and untarnished 100% in AFCON qualifiers, winning ALL 6 games (home and away) while conceding barely 1 own-goal in the process - and many WOWO CEs (including specifically the "kpomer" here) still vociferously campaigned for his removal. SMH
Well, the primary reason (there were other reasons) people campaigned for the removal of that coach was because of his team's abysmal performance during the 2015 AFCON qualifying series. You don forget that one abi e no count?
Shiabu Amodu was in charge of our AFCON 2015 qualifiers?!
Wow! You're right, must've have forgotten that! Abegi tell us more tales from the Moonlight!

This is what happens when WOWO reflexively defend Massa. :lol: :lol:

In other news, one coach actually WON AFCON and got to Round of 16 of the WC...
Another coach choked at AFCON semis and couldn't get past the group stage of the WC.

FACTS, not feeeelingssss!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Guys relax, Rohr has only one year left on his contract... in the meantime at least support the team NOT the coach, hopefully after Rohr goes, the messiah and Pep Guardiola reincarnate you've all been clamoring for will descend from heaven and take over.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:These days we just lose to Madagascar and struggle to draw with Sierra Leone....yipee! Progress!!! :lol:

Please I am NOT in the Rohr-Out camp, but abegi let's not revise factual history because of some apparent inferiority complex issues. After all, before Rohr we had a coach with an unblemished and untarnished 100% in AFCON qualifiers, winning ALL 6 games (home and away) while conceding barely 1 own-goal in the process - and many WOWO CEs (including specifically the "kpomer" here) still vociferously campaigned for his removal. SMH
Well, the primary reason (there were other reasons) people campaigned for the removal of that coach was because of his team's abysmal performance during the 2015 AFCON qualifying series. You don forget that one abi e no count?
Wow! You're right, must've have forgotten that! Abegi tell us more tales from the Moonlight!

Another coach choked at AFCON semis and couldn't get past the group stage of the WC.

Well, I was referring to Keshi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:

The one that choked, that has never won anything in his long coaching career, is clearly better...FACTZ :wink: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Well, I was referring to Keshi.
Why would you be referring to Keshi when the post you're responding to was NOT about Keshi? :blink:

Again, in the eagerness to be self-anointed Voltron to Massa, you precipitously attack one of SE's greatest coaches. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:Guys relax, Rohr has only one year left on his contract... in the meantime at least support the team NOT the coach, hopefully after Rohr goes, the messiah and Pep Guardiola reincarnate you've all been clamoring for will descend from heaven and take over.
As I stated in my initial post, I am even not in the "Rohr Out" camp...
But when folks like YOU blather about "struggling" in the past, even as we are losing to Madagascar and struggling against Salone, it takes the cake!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Guys relax, Rohr has only one year left on his contract... in the meantime at least support the team NOT the coach, hopefully after Rohr goes, the messiah and Pep Guardiola reincarnate you've all been clamoring for will descend from heaven and take over.
As I stated in my initial post, I am even not in the "Rohr Out" camp...
But when folks like YOU blather about "struggling" in the past, even as we are losing to Madagascar and struggling against Salone, it takes the cake!
Thank you! Anything other than unconditional praise for Rohr is taken as "Rohr Out".